The Pride and Dignity of a Man

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

*the-next-morning*

"You cannot do this to me, Yuri!"

"...”

"How could you trick me like this, huh?! I won our bet and you know that!"

"..."

"Yuri-yah!"

"What?"

"..."

"What is it?"

"..."

Tiffany immediately knelt down in front of me. Hands clasped, puppy eyes, cutey cute pout, oh no. Here we go again.

"Yuri, please don't do this to me."

I chuckled, "What? I'm not doing anything. So stand up." I hurried myself towards the kitchen and she followed.

"The bet started 18th. I won."

"No. We agreed the timer starts at 19th so it's just 29 days 'til last night."

"But--"

"No buts, Fany-yah." I ended and just busied myself on packing my lunch. I then felt her hands snuck in my torso, giving me a back hug. "29 Days is already considered as one-month. Come on. I am the winner. Please, please, please." she pleaded.

"No. The average-days in a month is 30 and you know that."

"But February is 28 and it's sometimes 29."

"Okay, so what month is it now?"

"September."

"Then, we have no more to discuss." I swatted her arms away. I picked my lunchbox and had it placed inside my bag. I then left the kitchen yet, she didn't follow. I took a peek from the door and she was just standing there, looking down. "Tiffany, a bet is a bet. Be a sport and accept your defeat."

She then looked away with her eyes full of pride, "Alright. I know I have no choice but to accept. I fell for your trick anyway, so it's my fault."

"I did not trick you."

"Yes, you did!" she shouted, glaring back at me. She went near me and jabbed her finger continuously on my chest, "You do know it's just the 29th day yesterday! You took advantage of me because you do know my mind's extremely clouded by so many thoughts of my family, especially my half-brother! AND you do know because I know, you planned all of this!"

*Sigh*

This conversation will sure go nowhere.

"Tricked you or not, I still won. Stop complaining."

"Fine. So what do you want?"

I smirked back, "Simple."

"Simple? What simple?"

"I want the first and real condition of our contract to commence."

"Huh? What condition?"

I sighed then looked at her straight in the eyes, "Remember when I offered you to live with me? Before we got together?"

"Uhh- yeah?"

"Do you remember the only condition we have that time?"

"The--- yes, nod and nod, act as Kyu's mommy?"

"No, it's the one before that."

"I... don't remember." she said and looked away. Obviously, she does know what I'm talking about. Her eyes are totally telling me.

"Okay, I will remind you now." I closed our gap of our faces to few inches away. "You will follow my orders. And you know what that means, Fany-yah."

"Wh-what d-does that mean?"

"Each and every order, all of it."

"I- uhhh-- so y-you're trying to enslave me, huh?!"

"You can consider it that way if you want. But may I just remind you, you are my girlfriend, you live in my house, and most especially... you lost on our bet."

"You are evil."

"Oh, yes I am." I ended and walked out to the living room.

"When this will end then?" she asked while hurrying herself in following me. I turned around to face her, "Until we get married."

"Alright. Let's get married now."

"Seriously? Another rash proposal, Tiffany? I'm sorry but, no. Since when did you become the man in our relationship? I will be the one to propose and not you."

"Oh yeah? What if I didn't say yes?!"

"Then, simple. You'll be my slave forever."

"Uugghhhh- one year!"

"What one year?"

"Just one year, not until we get married, and I'll accept."

"Hmmm... fair enough. Now..." I pulled out a paper from my pocket and handed it to her. "Here are our brand new rules."

"Wow. You even had it computerized. You really did plan all of this, didn't you?"

"Accuse me all you want. Now read it out loud, my love."

She groaned in defeat and started to read it, "The Kwon-Hwang Treaty:

This Agreement, entered into this 17th day of September, at Kwon Residence, by and between Yuri Kwon, the boyfriend and future husband,​ hereinafter referred to as the MASTER -and- Stephanie Miyoung Hwang, the girlfriend and future wife, hereinafter referred to as the SERVANT, collectively referred to as the PARTIES.

 Whereas, the MASTER, winner in the bet on one-month of no carnal activity, is hereby granted the right to be given or serviced anything he wanted from the SERVANT.

Whereas, the SERVANT, loser of the bet, is willing to abide on the consequence of granting anything the MASTER wishes, under the term of---"

I butted in, "One year from the date of commencement."

She then glared at me first then went back to reading. "... One year from the date of commencement. Now, therefore, for and in consideration of the foregoing, the PARTIES hereto hereby agree to the conditions as follows:

The SERVANT shall obey each and every order, guaranteed completely lawful and harmless, of the MASTER. The SERVANT is not allowed to express any complaints on each and every orders given to her, nor any unnecessary gestures and facial expressions showing objections. The SERVANT may command the MASTER anything or anytime she wanted in accordance with normal ways of life but shall not force the latter if he had refused. The MASTER shall give the SERVANT free-time from the commands at least one hour a day and a Day-off one of any day of each week desired by the former. The aforementioned day-off specifically means normal terms of life before the commencement of the contract could be acted upon but if in cases of the SERVANT's orders, will still subject to the willingness of the MASTER. Any provision contained herein to the contrary notwithstanding, the MASTER may amend any or all of the foregoing provisions upon written notice to the SERVANT, effective five days from SERVANT’s receipt of said notice, unless the latter writes any timely objection thereto, in which case any such change shall be subject to negotiation.

The PARTIES hereto are ought to sign on the date and place first above mentioned." she ended.

 "Alright." I pulled out a pen from my bag and handed it to her. "Sign it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter