The Complicated Love with Elevators

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany POV

Yuri and Sooyoung...

Yoong and Taeyeon...

I wonder...

I wonder why these so-called best of friends love to share everything with each other. Well, I'm pertaining to sharing girlfriends, specifically. What's worse is, they even beg from each other to give his girlfriend to him or something. Seriously, I feel kind of a little offended with that. What are Jessica and I? Some sort of toys they can lend to each other whenever they want?

Oh well... I understand them though... I know, I know, Jessica and I are too beautiful, y, charismatic and perfect individuals that all the guys wanted in their lives. I get it.

...

...

...

What?

Aren't we?

Look. There are lots of girls out there. There's Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and even Sunny. They're pretty too... yes... I guess...? But why only me and Sica then?

See? I told you we're that awesome. Now... the only question is who's more awesome and lovable, me or my best friend?

Aissshh- I shouldn't be joking around like this! I know I'm more awesome and lovable than my best friend. Pfft. There's not even a competition to that.

Anyways, today is New Year's Eve. But before we get to the present, let's have a recap first. There are lots of things happened in the two weeks passed. To sum it all up, here it is:

1. Jessica, finally out of the hospital by 22nd;

2. Same day as above, the policeman that was responsible for Jessica's car accident was finally caught, thanks to Sooyoung's efforts;

3. Christmas Eve dinner on the 24th with my Yuri, my Sunkyu, my friends with exception of Yoong;

4. Had the best desk with Yuri in his office last 27th (Yes, it is a big happening since it was a real damn awesome in a public place. No arguments, please);

5. Sunny, Jessica, and I had the best after-Christmas sale shopping, just the three of us, the bestest friends in junior high school (Don't argue with me here too as this is really a big event. We're back, the trio is back, hello?!); and lastly

6. On the 30th, Jessica moved out of our apartment and rented one together with her boyfriend Taeyeon.

For additional details in Number 3, apparently, Jessica insisted she never wanted the idea of spending any occasions with Yoong and we all know the reason. It's none other than what happened between them the last time in the hospital. So, in the end, Yoong spent that night on his own.

So, also, this Number 3 is the reason why I'm in front of Yoong's apartment building right now. You see, this day is supposed to be a gathering of all of us again in our apartment's rooftop, no exceptions. Unfortunately, because of Jessica, Yoong's not allowed to join us again. And you know what? She even made me choose between her and Yoong. She was even so super dramatic earlier. But yeah, as if I will abide her orders... She can never exercise her queenly attitude on me this time.

 

I'm currently climbing up the stairs to Yoong's apartment. Goddamnit. Ten floors, seriously?! Why this building doesn't have an elevator anyway? Is the building owner really that thrifty not to put one?!

After 15 minutes of climbing, at last, I finally got in front of his apartment. Yes, it took me 15 minutes, don't ask why. So, I knocked on his door and after exactly six seconds he opened it. "Hi, Yoong." I greeted.

"Noona, what are you doing here?" Yoong asked. He seemed to be drunk as he smelled alcohol.

"I'm here to pick you up."

"Huh?"

"Remember we have a new year's party in my place?"

He chuckled, "We are both aware I'm not really allowed to join you guys."

"I'm the one who hosted the party and not Jessica. I have the right who to or not to invite."

"But... I don't think Sica would want me there."

"Don't mind her, okay. And isn't it about time for you to reconcile with her?"

"I don't know... I apologized to her for so many times already and yet she always turns me down."

"Then, I'll help you now. Come along. We only have 5 hours, 17 minutes, and 2 seconds left before the New Year."

"You know exactly how much time left? Wow."

"Duh. I downloaded an app. Geesh. Go, go, prepare now. We have no time to waste."

He sighed in defeat, "Fine. But once she shoos me out, I'll leave immediately."

Pfft. As if I'll allow her to.

After exactly 11 minutes, Yoong was already done. He said he has to make a quick shower because he hasn't had one since... three days ago. He's eiieww, I know. Seriously, if he's not that good looking, I might have gotten grossed out.

"Damn it. Stairs again." I mumbled which Yoong had heard while walking.

"Why? Do you hate the stairs so much?"

"It's goddamn 10 floors, Yoong, who wouldn't hate the stairs?! Seriously, why there's no elevator in here?"

"Huh? But there is one."

I stopped walking and looked at him in disbelief, "Are you freaking kidding me?"

"No, I'm not."

"But why last year on New Year’s Eve, we all went here via the stairs?"

"Err- because it was broken that time?"

"Oh yeah? Then how about during the fake bomb incident?"

"Err- because it was broken that time too?"

"Aissshhh-- never mind. Let's go. To the elevator!" I shouted in a gleeful manner. He guided us both towards where the elevator. Now, it's already on the 6th floor. See? If we went down the stairs, we're still probably on the 9th.

Oh. Elevators. I love elevators. They are so freaking convenient. When I get to design residential houses someday, I'm gonna put elevators in all of them, even if they're only two-floors. They are essential in everyday house-life, everyone agrees to that. Not to mention, it's a really great venue for a capade for married couples out there. Imagine... my very own company, Hwang interior designs: number one in producing two-storey residential houses with elevators. I'm so gonna be freaking rich.

 

However.

 

It's a real big HOWEVER.

 

The elevator malfunctioned in the 4th. It freaking stopped!

I started to panic ,"Oh my goodness, what do we do, what do we do, what do we do?!"

"I guess we have to wait?" he answered.

"Seriously?! What if this won't get fixed by itself?!"

"Oh don't worry, noona. This happens all the time. Usually it takes around a minute to get it back running again. So, calm down."

"Fine."

 

*13 minutes, 25 seconds, 3 milliseconds later*

 

"AAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" I pulled my hair out of frustration and Yoong laughed at me. I grabbed him on his collar, "What's so funny, huh?!"

"N-nothing. Relax, noona."

"Then why are you laughing?!"

"I uhhh-- just think you're cute."

I slowly removed my hand on him. Yes, he made the situation awkward. And it seemed he had noticed it and said in defense, "No, no, I mean, I just think you're cute because just earlier you looked so much happy and jolly on finding out there's an elevator. But now..." and he chuckled again.

"So uhhhmm... what are we gonna do now?"

"Uhh- wait again?"

 

*one-hour-later*

 

"This is totally, freaking ridiculous! Arrrghhhhh! It's already 8 o' clock!" I grabbed his collar again. "What do we do now?!?!?!"

He sighed and just looked at the emergency light, "We have no choice, noona. We'll just wait for someone to arrive and help us."

"What?! No way, no way, no way! We have to get out of here as in right now! It's only 3 hours and 56 minutes left, Yoong! Force open the door!"

"You know we can't. We don't have a long iron bar or even anything we can use for that."

"Then, find another way out!"

"Unfortunately..."

"Hey, I never really like that word. Don't you dare say that again!"

"Err--- well, there's no emergency exit in this elevator. See that unusual part of the ceiling?" He pointed at the square-like cut above. "There's no way to open that."

"Aissshhhh--" I put my both hand at the sides of my head and sat down. "We can never make it. I'm doomed, I am so doomed!"

He sat down beside me and patted my back, "Don't worry, noona. Have faith. Someone we'll s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter