Smeared Hope and Unbearable Fate

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Tiffany POV

Forever…

Forever it will be you and me…

"Now, I pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." the priest said.

Yuri and I looked at each other. He removed my veil then held my hands.

“I love you forever and more, Fany-yah.”

“I love you too forever and more, Yuri.”

We both leaned forward and shared a warm gentle kiss. There were sounds of cheers and applause from the audience.

Everyone was there, our son Sunkyu, Yuri's dad Siwon Goo, Hara, Tao and his mother Li Yin, Seohyun, Taecyeon, little Sulli, and even my mom and dad. Of course, all of our friends were present too, the best men Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yoong, the bridesmaids Hyoyeon and Sunny, and the maid of honor Jessica…

Jessica???

She was wearing a black gown and back with the Gothic make-up on. She went near us not walking but floating. As soon as her feet landed on the ground, she asked me, "Is there such thing as forever?"

"Uhh- yeah???"

She smiled faintly, "I believed in forever at first too. Yet, I only had given myself false hopes. I thought Taeyeon and I will be forever together but look at us now, discarded the love we felt for each other and now eaten by the monster of revenge and hatred.”

"Jessi, what are you talking about? You're still dating TaeTae until now."

Yet, she ignored me and continued, "There's no such thing as forever, Stephanie. Everything will fall and be gone sooner or later. Look at me. I am forever damned."

I chuckled, "Forever damned? You just said there's no such thing as forever, bestie."

She smirked darkly, "Yes. You are right."

"The only thing that can be considered here as forever is sorrow." Yoong snapped. "Happiness? It's nothing but a piece of ty illusion."

"Great. Now you too?!"

"Forever. Pfft. There's no such thing as that in this freaking world." Sooyoung added.

"Hellooooo?! We're in the middle of my wedding here!"

"There is forever." Taeyeon snapped.

"Oh thank goodness. Thank you, TaeTae."

He suddenly laughed, "Pain! Pain is forever!"

I then shouted in frustration, "There is such thing as forever! Look at me and Yuri! We'll be together forever, 'til the end of time!"

Hyoyeon butted in, "Tiffany, stop it. What's not meant to be should not be pushed anymore further. It will only end up to a much bigger mess."

"Arrghh- why are you all trolling me on my wedding?!"

"Because you have to face the truth..." Sunny snapped.

 

And suddenly, everything else vanished to darkness except the eight of us.

 

Jessica held my hand up. She placed a dark orb on my palm. Then, afterwards, it transformed into a black butterfly. "This is reality, Stephanie. There is no such thing as forever. There's always an end…"

 

---

 

"Fany-yah, are you okay?" I heard Yuri asked. I opened my eyes and saw his face. I guess it was all just a dream.

"Why are you crying?"

I reached for my face. I indeed felt my tears. I sat up of bed and so he was too. "I dreamed of our wedding, Yuri-yah. But then, our friends trolled me. They said there's no such thing as forever. Then, everything turned black then Jessica gave me a black butterfly. She's back in Gothic look and she was floating! Yuri-yah, I'm scared. What if--"

"Relax. It's just a dream, Fany-yah."

"But what if it's a premonition again, just like the last time?"

He chuckled, "Premonition of what? Jessica's return to darkness? Her, acquiring the ability to float?"

I pouted, "Stop teasing me."

"I'm not." And he quickly gave me a kiss on the lips. “Good morning and I love you, by the way.”

“Hmph. You’re not gonna believe me again, I see.”

“Fany-yah. It’s not like that. It’s all just a dream. Stop getting paranoid.”

“What do you think it means then?”

“Everyone always gets random dreams. Me, I dreamed of you as a cockroach once and I’m sure enough there’s no deep meaning to that.”

“Cockroach? Really?”

“See? It’s all just a random thing. You don’t have to decipher each and every dream you have.”

I sighed in defeat, “Fine…”

“So???” he asked back as if waiting for something.

“What?”

“Where’s my I-love-you?”

I faked a sigh, “Fine. Good morning and I love you too, Yuri-yah.” I quickly pecked his nose which made him chuckle.

Then, he just stared at me. He brushed my bangs while smiling faintly.

“Yuri-yah, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing… I just-- miss your face.”

I chuckled, “We’re seeing each other almost every minute, every day. And you still miss me?”

“Because that’s…” He kissed my forehead. “…how much I love you. Don’t you ever forget that, okay?”

I pinched his nose. “You and your cheesiness!”

“Admit it. You love me cheesy.”

I hugged his waist and pulled him in. “Yes, I love everything about you, fyi.”

"Alright. Stop this cheesiness or we’ll end up in paradise again this early. Come, let's eat."

 

After a quick fix in the bathroom, we both went to the dining. Sunkyu was already there and it seemed he had already prepared the breakfast. "Good morning appa, umma!" he said gleefully. He went near us and gave us a hug.

"Good morning, sweetie." I said and kissed his forehead.

"Come, I prepared all of your favorite food, umma!"

And it's the start of another typical day for my family.

It has been a month passed since our Jeju trip. Throughout the time, my life with my Yuri and Sunkyu was back to normal. We never had any arguments, well, except for the little ones like what will be the color of new plates to buy, color of the bed sheets, the throw pillows. Of course, I want them all pink and he can never do a thing to disobey me. *insert-evil-laugh-right-here*

However, this day… I have a bad feeling for this day.

It is the 14th of April, the day of Sooyoung's engagement. And I have to tell you, I feel nervous for this day. I don't even know why. And with that weird dream earlier, my feeling went even worse.

Aissh- I really feel so uneasy!

Oh. Maybe I can find a way to avoid the event tonight…

"Yuri, by the way, about the party later..."

He suddenly gulped hard. "P-party? What party?" he asked in an obvious nervous tone. Now, he looked fishy.

"Sooyoung's engagement."

"I see. So, w-what about it?" he asked again and faked a laugh.

"I..."

I don't want to go...

“Tiffany?" he called, snapping me out.

Aishh- Stephanie, stop thinking too much! It's Sooyoung's engagement, not yours! What are you afraid of?!

"Uhh-- it's nothing."

 

---

 

The whole morning and afternoon passed by so fast with nothing but paradise for me. Well, I just bonded the whole day with my two boys, that's the paradise for me. However, as the time passes by, the anxiety I've been feeling grows bigger and bigger. I don't want the night to come.

Aisshhh- for freaking real, why am I always paranoid over nothing?!

*Sigh*. It will only be an hour left before we go to the venue of Sooyoung's party though.

 

"Yuri." I called as I approached him in the bedroom. He's currently fixing up his own tie yet, couldn't do it right. "H-hey, what's up?" he responded while still looking at the mirror. I went near him and reached for his tie to fix it. "Are you sure we will go to the party?" I asked.

His eyebrows furrowed, "W-why? Don't you wanna go?"

"Well, I want to but..." Okay, I have to tell him. Here it goes... "I really don't feel like going."

"O-oh..."

I looked at him in quizzical, "Yuri, what's wrong?"

"Huh?" Then, he chuckled nervously. "N-nothing. N-nothing at all..."

"Do you wanna go?"

"..."

"Yuri?"

"Uhh- Y-yes, I wanna go. Sooyoung's my best friend. I... I want to support him on his marriage too..."

"Well... we can just tell him we'll be busy for today, right? We're not actually opposing his marriage anyway."

"Tiffany." He nervously reached for my hands and gripped them tight. "Sooyoung's our friend. We can't just ditch him for nothing on this-- s-special day of his."

"Okay but just tell me then... why are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter