Taking a Trip Back to the Past with a Love Time Machine

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Tiffany POV

*February-28-2017*

*Sigh*. Puffy, bloodshot, red eyes. Swollen eyelids. Damn it. Tiffany, why did you even cry like an idiot last night? You freaking cried non-stop and even until you fallen asleep. Really, what's wrong with you?

I googled quick remedies and found the following steps:

Relax your face and let the tears flow. Breathe evenly and deeply and let yourself cry. You'll feel and look a lot better after it's over.

*Yeah, right, I've been crying all night and even this morning due to my freaking nightmare! You still want me to cry even more?! You're kind of sadistic, aren't you?!*

Splash your face with cool water, concentrating on areas of redness or puffiness around your eyes.

*Hmm. Alright. That seems a plausible step... there, there, done. Next!*

Blow your nose with a soft tissue or toilet paper.

*There, done. Next!*

Wet a paper towel with very cold water, or if you have time, stick a couple of spoons in the freezer for 10 to 20 minutes. Gently press the paper towel or spoons on the puffy area under your eyes, starting at your tear ducts and working your way to the outer corners.

*Well, I don't have time, I'll just do the first part of the step then... there, there, done. Next!*

"Stephanie?" he called from the other side of the connecting door.

*Sigh*. Damn it. Very, very wrong timing!

"I'm almost done!" I shouted. I returned to doing the steps.

Decrease any redness in your eyes with soothing eye drops. Apply one to two drops in each eye.

*Aiissshhh--- I don't have eyedrops here! Arrghhh- Next!*

Cancel out any lingering redness with yellow or green based concealer. Dab the concealer under your eyes and around your nose, then set with a light powder.

*Hmmm-- okay, okay... Concealer, concealer... Damn it! I don't have a yellow or green based one here! Arrghhh--- Next!*

Take a few deep breaths and check yourself in a mirror.

*Damn. Does that really even help, huh? I've been looking at myself in the mirror for freaking two hours already! I think I even took deep breaths for like a thousand times too!*

Apply cucumber slices or chilled green tea bags to your eyes if you have extra time. Prop yourself up with pillows to help the puffiness drain from your face.

*Damn... This step-by-step guide did not even help at all! Arrghhh---*

"Hi, Steph."

"OH MY FREAKING SWEET LORD!" I was startled and got my things on top of my bathroom sink counter almost fell on the floor.

Yuri the Zombie chuckled, "What are you doing?"

I ignored his question and shouted, "What are you freaking doing here inside my room?! How did you even get in?!"

"I entered through the door."

I went out of the bathroom and looked at my hotel door. It was tightly closed and even locked too. *Sigh*. Right. The ing connecting door...

I gazed at it and it was open. He freaking pushed it hard, making the cabinet that was barring it got pushed too. I looked at him in disbelief, "You are freaking--- how could you force-open the connecting door, huh?! Don't you know the ing meaning of privacy, huh?!"

He ignored me and stared at my phone, "So, you're searching ways how to reduce puffy eyes from crying?"

"None of your business! Just-- just freaking get our of my room! Stop annoying me!" I pinched him on his arm and he winced in pain. "Didn't we agree not to open that goddamn connecting door ever again, huh?!"

"But, you're taking too long! We're gonna be late for the conference!"

"Who says you should wait for me?!"

He couldn't utter a respond.

I sighed loudly, "Just go. Leave. Don't open that door ever again." I went to my bedside and started sorting my things out.

"I... I thought we're already okay?"

"We're already okay but that doesn't mean you can come inside my room anytime you want."

"I... I'm sorry."

I looked at him. "We are JUST FRIENDS, Yuri. What are you doing now is over-the-line."

He sighed, "Right." He looked away. "I'm sorry. I promise I won't ever open up this door again."

"Good. Now, can you leave?"

"Okay..." he went back to his room, yet, he peeked through mine again, "So, uhhm-- I'm gonna go, okay?"

"Okay."

"See you later."

I nodded, "See you later." He then shut the connecting door.

I fell myself lifeless on top of my bed. *Sigh*. Damn it... Why are you making this hard for me, Yuri?

I know... I know it's easy for you to move on. That's why you can act too casually as if it's nothing to you... But, me? Damn it. Why are you torturing me? You are pretty much aware I... Damn it... I am ing hurting, okay? This is really hard for me.

*Sigh*. Now, I am crying again. For freaking real, Stephanie Miyoung Hwang, stop your stupidity! He's no longer yours! He's your best friend's fiancé! Stop your stupid feelings! You're already getting married too! Stop! Just freaking stop it!

 

---

 

I arrived thirty minutes late for the conference. Before I took my seat, I happened to glance at him. He seemed to look different this time. He looked too serious and somewhat a little sad. He was just focusing on the discussion in the conference.

I breathed deeply as I went near. His mood suddenly changed as soon as he saw me. He smiled at me warmly as his form of greeting. Then, as I started on focusing over the conference, he decided to bug me. "So, where are we going after this?" he asked in a whisper.

I looked at him boringly, "I am going somewhere ALONE and WITHOUT YOU."

He pouted a little, "Yah. Don't be like that."

"Yuri, can't I enjoy this vacation alone?"

"You're weird. You freaking bugged Sooyoung, forced him to accompany you here. Now, that I went with you instead of him, you wanted to be alone? Are you for freaking real?"

"Because I..." I lowered my head. "I'm more comfortable with Sooyoung, okay..."

"..."

"I'm sorry..."

"..."

"..."

"So... You're not comfortable with me?" he asked.

"Are you comfortable with me?" I asked back.

"Yeah."

"Why?" Is that how easy it is for you to handle this stupid situation? How could you be comfortable with me? How could you act like this?

"What do you mean why?"

"We're exes. We're not supposed to be friends after our relationship ended. That's the very reason why I don't want to be friends with you."

"Jessica and Taeyeon went back as friends. I think Jessica and Yoong are starting to be back as friends now too."

That's because Jessica already moved on from Tae and I bet she's about to let go of her feelings for Yoong now too. I am not like her, Yuri... I think I can never move on from you that fast...

"Stephanie."

"..."

"I'm begging you. Let's fix us."

Why do you even want this? I'm already okay with you marrying my best friend. I'm totally fine with it. There's no need for closure for us. It's not necessary anymore.

"There's nothing to fix, Yuri." We are so much broken. This can no longer be fixed.

"There is..."

"..."

"For Sunkyu... At least, let's be okay for Sunkyu."

"I thought you don't want him as your son anymore?"

"I just realized that you're right. No matter how we look at everything, I still raised him for ten years. I acted as his father for more than half of his life. I don't want him to grow up having parents who couldn't even talk to each other or who can't even bear to look at each other at least."

I smiled faintly, "But, we're talking now. We're even looking at each other now. See?"

"Yeah. I know..."

"What do you want from me, Yuri? At least, be honest with me. What is it?"

"Nothing..." He lowered his head. His mood somewhat changed again. The sadness came back.

 

*Sigh*. A normal day without our hurtful past, our inevitable future... Right.

 

Maybe...?

 

Maybe it wouldn't hurt if we try to have one for today...?

 

...

 

I leaned closer to him and whispered, "So... where do you want to go after this?"

His face lit up as he looked at me. Now, he's like grinning toothily from ear to ear like a little kid. "I don't know. Where do you wanna go?"

I chuckled, "You're the one who keeps on bugging me to go somewhere. You choose."

"Hmm. Alright then... Universal Studios?"

"Hmmm. Nah. I already have enough of amusement parks. I've been raiding them with Sunkyu for the months passed."

"Oh, alright, alright... How about the china town here?"

"Hmmm... I don't know..."

"I keep on suggesting places on where to go and you always shuts them. Really, Stephanie, really?"

I chuckled again, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. At least, let's go somewhere we will both enjoy, okay. Think of somewher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter