An Almost Reunion of the Princess and her Highness

Romantic Street: A Detour To Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV

On that one very moment, time literally skipped. That moment when he stepped foot inside the hall of Grand Pearl Hotel. It was him again. Henry Hwang.

As soon as I finished my speech, he made an entrance. Everyone was flabbergasted for no definite reason. I looked at Tiffany and she's already in state of shock. I can pretty much see from here she's trembling in fear. Then, she stood up and hurried to the direction of the comfort room.

My dad and I went off the stage. "Come on. Let's greet our business partner." he said.

"Wait, dad. I'm just going to the comfort room for a bit."

"Okay."

I hurried to the hallway where she ran. "Tiffany?" I called. Then, as I wandered around, I finally noticed someone hiding behind the big potted plant. "Tiffany."

She took a peek first. And when she realized it's me, she quickly hugged me with her face buried in my chest. I was right, she's really trembling. "Yuri-yah, I don't want him to see me. Please, take me away from here."

"Don't worry. We'll get out of here soon. I'm just gonna fetch the others. Where's Jessica anyway? I didn't see her on our table."

"She said she just have to answer a call outside."

"Okay, wait here. I'll get Sunkyu."

"Okay."

I headed to our table and whispered to Sunkyu, "Hey, we're going now."

"Huh? But I haven't eaten yet."

"We'll just go somewhere else and I will buy you totally lots of food there. Go, go. Your mother is there in the hallway waiting."

"Okay..." He complied and ran towards Tiffany's direction.

I looked around in search for Jessica. Then, I finally saw her coming in from the other hallway. I glanced over my dad and Sir Henry and it looked like they were still into their conversation. I headed to Yoong. "Hey. I need your help." I whispered to him.

"On what?"

"See that scary looking guy?"

"Uhuh."

"He's Tiffany's father."

"Whoa... he's nothing like Tiffany. He's scary!"

"I know. Anyway, please get Tiffany out of here. I am sure her father will take her away if he sees her."

"Oh. Okay." He then redirected to his grandmother. "Grandma, I'm going home now. Wongshii will take you home, okay? Have fun here."

"No, no. You stay here. I haven't asked Jessica to date you yet."

"No need to worry on that. I just asked her out now.”

Then, his grandmother excitedly snapped, "Okay! You go get her now! I am so happy for you, my little Yoona."

"Bye, bye." He looked at me first, nodded then, headed out. With that, I quickly went to Jessica.

"Good speech there, Yuri. Congratulations." she said.

"Thanks... and we have to go now."

"Huh?"

"I'll explain to you when we get somewhere else but here."

"Okay. I'm not really fond of the idea of everyone-knows-me-yet-I-don't-know-them, anyway."

"And so am I."

I reached for her hand and started to head out fast. However, Sir Henry noticed us. "Yuri Goo. My favorite newbie." he said which made us stopped walking. He went near us. "Congratulations."

"Th-thanks."

"And..." He finally noticed Jessica. "Jessica Jung? Is that really you?"

"Uncle!" she said and smiled happily. She then hugged him. Wow. I've never seen Jessica so friendly like this before.

"I missed you. Where's Aunt Elise?"

"Oh. Just like the old times, still busy with work."

"I see... and Stephanie???"

He then sighed and said in low sad tone, "She's gone."

"H-huh?"

"She ran away... It's a good thing I've seen you here though. Do you have a clue where she is?"

"N-no. I haven't seen nor contacted her in years. Since when did she was gone, anyway?"

"I'm not really sure. I checked on her condo unit just a month ago and she was gone. That brat even sold that unit and the car I bought her." he said in irritation.

"Err- that's very... cleaver?"

From a serious tone, he finally lightened up and chuckled, "Yes, she sure is. Not only that, she kept having fund transfers to this other bank from her savings account for two years. She must've planned this for so long. Who would have thought...? My baby's grown up now."

Jessica then awkwardly faked a laugh. "Yeah, who would have thought..."

"She makes me proud, actually... But, yeah, she wanted this game? Then bring it on. When I get to find her, she's doomed. Ha ha ha ha"

GULP.

He sure sounded so evilly on that laugh. Seriously, he even makes joke out of his missing daughter? Sir Henry Hwang sure is creeping me out.

"Don't worry, uncle. I'll contact you immediately when I get to find her."

Jessica, seriously?!

"Alright. Thanks... Anyway, so you two know each other?"

"Err- yes, in fact, we're..." Jessica looked at me as if she's implying something.

"We're dating. She’s the one I uhh-- mentioned to you the last time." I continued.

"Oh." He exchanged glances between me and Sica. "I see..."

"Anyway, we're going now. Thank you for coming Henry." I said.

"Alright. See you some other time."

We bowed to him and afterwards, quickly headed to my dad. "We're going now." I whispered to him.

"But why?"

"Father-in-law problems..."

"Oh. I see... Okay, take care of yourselves."

 

---

 

"Whew. That was close." Jessica snapped as we went back inside my car. "Where are Tiffany and Sunkyu?"

"They're with Yoong now. He just messaged me saying they're currently in a pizza restaurant at the mall downtown." I started the engine and drove my way out to the place.

"Oh. Before you go there, can you drop me off at home first? I'm totally not in the mood to see his handsome face right now..."

"Obviously, you're dying to see him."

"No, I'm not."

"Didn't you want to be dead? Now, here's your chance."

"Can't you just shut up? And aren't we done with death jokes like you said yesterday?"

I chuckled, "Sorry."

 

After few minutes, we finally arrived at the place. It seemed they've hidden themselves at the farthest corner of the restaurant. And I did force Jessica to come with me. She's being stubborn again.

"Hey." I snapped. Sunkyu and Yoong just raised their left hands to greet us back. It seems they're so busy munching

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter