WHAT'S IMPORTANT.

Diary of an Idol's Wife (Crazy but fun)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

August 10

We all want to fall in love. Why? Because that experience makes us feel completely alive. Where every sense is heightened, every emotion is magnified, our everyday reality is shattered and we are flying into the heavens. It may only last a moment, an hour, an afternoon. But that doesn’t diminish its value, because we are left with memories that we treasure for the rest of our lives. Fall in love or fall in hate. Get inspired or be depressed. Ace a test or flunk a class. Make babies or make art. Speak the truth or lie and cheat. Dance on tables or sit in the corner. Life is divine chaos. Embrace it. Breathe, and enjoy the ride.

New house, new environment, and hopefully a more peaceful life.

That’s what my husband and I tell each other every single day. Well, I can say that we are living peacefully as of the moment and there are no problems coming in yet. It’s a bit weird actually, for we are expecting Lauren’s big blow attacks for weeks already and up till now, she seems to be really quiet. I don’t know if we have to be happy because she’s being so silent nowadays, but I have this feeling that she will definitely attack us in a way that we don’t even see her coming. Oh well, I’m ready for it in some way (this is me trying to be brave).

This week has been a rollercoaster ride for me once again because I’ve got so many things in hand that I don’t even know how to attend to all of them. I told myself that I’ll work as hard as I can, but it seems like my body is giving up on me. I’ve been down with cough and colds for days now and I’m just so thankful that I can still push myself to work even when I’m feeling super sick (dedication is really the key to success and I’m totally taking it to another level). Jiyong on the other hand is so busy with the finalization of his new and upcoming solo album. My husband is working day and night for it, that he rarely goes home.  There are even times that he’ll make me stay with him in the studio just for us to have some quality time together. Our kids are also used in visiting us almost every day since they don’t have school yet. Our family is under a busy and crazy schedule, and we are really counting the days coz it’ll end soon already.

“MUM! DAD! MUM! DAD!”

“Babies” I said helplessly while all of them are jumping up and down on our bed.

                    

Today is a “free” day for both me and Jiyong. Our schedules finally jived together and we cannot be much happier. I don’t know what to do today actually, but I can sense that my husband has something good in mind. Thing is, he’s still sleeping like a log.

                                                                                                    

“Dad is still sleeping babies…don’t disturb him” I told the kids who are poking and shaking their dad to wake up.

“Mum…are you going to work again?” Isabella asked while sitting between me and Jiyong.

“I can skip work today” I answered and my girls looked at me in excitement.

“Really mum? Does that mean you’re going to stay here with us?” Gabby asked and I nod.

“That’d be really nice! MUM IS NOT GOING TO WORK TODAY!” DK shouted in glee, making the boys jump in joy.

“Can you take us out for a special day mum? It’s been a long time since you take us out” Gabby asked and I started thinking.

A special day is a good idea. Thing is, I don’t even know if that can be possible because we don’t have any plans in hand and I’m not into sudden planning as of the moment.

“I want to play in the park” Danny said energetically.

“Let’s ride our bikes!” Gabrielle said, earning a few nods from his siblings.

“Or you can take us to the spa mum” Isabella said and I winked at her.

My girls are really growing up so fast. At the young age of twelve, nine and six, they’re already used to spas and salons (this is not bad, right?). Of course, Jiyong is still against it, but he can’t do anything about it because Omma and Dami-unnie are the ones who are taking them there almost every week.

“Noona…why do you have to go to the spa again? Dad will really get mad at you” Russelle told his sisters, making them look at him with their just-shut-the--up gaze.

“Dad won’t get mad at us…right mum?” Gabby asked and I sighed and saw that my husband is already awake, he’s just listening to whatever his kids were saying.

“I think so” I said and looked at Jiyong if he’s going to react.

“He will mum….I heard dad talk to halmeoni and Aunt Dami about bringing the noonas in the spa and salon…he told them that they are still babies and they don’t fit that kind of place” Danny said and from there, I can already feel a fight brewing up.

“OK…stop it now....girls…truth is” I said and the girls listened to me intently “Your dad doesn’t want us to bring you to salons or even the spa…why? Because you’re still kids and you don’t have to color your nails every week and have foot massages and have your hands treated with paraffin” I told them and I know that they are about to protest already.

Our daughters are always having their nails done (hands and feet), hair spa, foot massage and even hand paraffin (you’ll dip your hands in paraffin wax and it’ll soften your skin) and the list goes on. I know that I’m the one to blame for all of this because I introduced them in the world of vanity at a young age, but I know that I can still change that.

“But mum…Aunt Railey always brings Tabitha to the salon…she always gets her nails done as well” DK said and I pulled her closer to me.

“Wanna know a secret?” I asked and they nod.

“Uncle Tabi doesn’t know anything about it” I said and they looked at me with their mum-you-already-know-what-to-do look.

“But…we don’t want to hide any secrets from dad…so…hiding it is not an option” I countered and they sighed.

“Look noonas…even mum don’t want to bring you to the salon…let’s just go to the park and play” Danny told his sisters and the girls hissed.

“That’s so boring” Isabella said while hugging Karielle.

“Ball!” our youngest daughter said while pointing at her toy ball.

“Do you want Oppa to get it for you?” Russelle asked.

It really is touching to see the kids being good to each other. I can say that their bonding is so much tighter now more than ever. Little by little, they are maturing and they can already understand each other. Fights and meltdowns will always and forever be there, but it lessened down now and I’m so happy about it (I have to give credit to Appa and Omma for disciplining the kids so well).

“Kiss dad” I mouthed at the girls.

Jiyong is already awake but is just lazy to get up. He’s facing front in bed with his head turned to my side. I can see him opening his eyes whenever he hears something weird about our conversation.

“Aigoo” he laid on his back, making the girls squeal in shock.

“DAD!” the kids shrieked and they slammed their bodies on top of their father, like pro wrestlers.

“OMO!” AH!”

I can’t help but smile while watching my kids giving their dad some love (more like a torture). I can feel that they really missed us a lot and they just can’t hide their happiness to see us.

“We missed you dad!” Isabella said while hugging Jiyong.

“I missed you too babies” he replied and the kids keeps on hugging him.

“It’s so good to see you and mum!” Gabby said and Jiyong looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

I know that we are not giving much time to our kids nowadays and we can blame our busy schedules for it. Jiyong and I have promised to take a break after all these crazy things were done and bring the kids somewhere fun and relaxing (Macau is really our first option).

“How much did you miss us?” I asked Karielle.

She spread

Please log in to read the full chapter