MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.

Diary of an Idol's Wife (Crazy but fun)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Baby, talk to me already. I’m dying here coz I feel like Casper – Baby boy”

Once again, Kwon Jiyong’s sweet and cheesy blood is kicking in and he can really leave me speechless. The things that he does are really breathtaking and mind blowing. Actually, a simple I love you partnered with his sweet and melting stares can make your drop in a split second.

“So…Cho hee…where’s that new assistant editor?” I went back to my serious work mode.

“Well ma’am…he’s doing some paper works now…do you want me to call him?” she asked and I shook my head.

“No…let him approach me…that guy really needs to learn his lesson” I said and Cho hee nods in agreement.

After a few minutes, the girls walked in my office again with pissed looks on their faces. I can feel that something not good is going on and I’m a little nervous to know what it’s about.

“What’s with the teddy bear?” Railey asked while looking at the humungous bear beside her.

“That’s a peace offering” I answered while encoding something.

“O…K…so Jiyong is being Mr. Romantic….eventful…surprise filled….creative dude once again” Daryl said and I smirked.

“I guess he is…wait…why are you both here by the way? I thought you’re going to check the releasing of the newest issue this afternoon?” I looked at them and they sighed.

“What’s with that sigh?” I asked curiously.

In times like this, I already know that I’m up to some negative news once again and I can feel that it has something to do with Brady.

“What?” I asked impatiently.

“Well…your great assistant editor had this verbal contract with a company that wants to sponsor us” Railey answered.

“What company?” I asked nervously (I’ve turned down a lot of companies that wants to sponsor us throughout the years and I have a feeling that Brady did some stupid thing that will really make me want to cut his head off).

“Well…this company has been bugging us for years now….it’s one of your most hated and is not on your list of wonderful people to deal with…in short…you hate this company and your new assistant editor had made a deal with them verbally and he’s going to present it to President YG anytime this week” Railey answered and my mouth fell open because of shock and surprise.

“WHAT?” I stood up from my chair and went out of my office, raging in anger.

“Mr. Lee! Mr. Lee!” I called out with so much anger in my voice, shocking our staffs.

“Oh hi there Mrs. Kwon! What can I do for you?” he asked with a smile on his face that made me angrier.

“Can I have a minute with you?” I faked a smile and he nods and gestures me to go to his office.

“No…in my office” I said and went to my office right away.

“Dead meat” Daryl said when she pass by him.

This guy is really making me angry to the bones. I cannot believe that he was able to piss me off twice in a matter of hours (I can kill him, I’m telling you). Jiyong cannot even do that to me.

“What can I do to you ________?” Brady asked coolly when he settled on his seat.

“Excuse me? Did you just call me by my first name?” I asked in my how-dare-you-call-me look.

“uhmm…do I have to call you boss?” he asked innocently and I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms on my chest.

“Look…we are not friends …which means that we’re not in a first name basis here Mr. Lee…and…you’re correct…you have to call me boss from now on…after all…I’m really your boss and I think…it’s an eye opener to you already” I told him and he chuckled (yeah, for this one time, I’m going to let an employee call me boss).

“What’s with the attitude?” he asked and I hissed.

“Mr. Lee…who are you to take over my position in an important meeting? And…who are you to make a deal without my permission?” I asked and he looked at me intently.

I’m totally raging in anger and if this guy will still give me this cocky feel in him, I will really pluck all the hair in his body (yes, ALL) and debone him (If I can only do that).

“OK…I get it…you’re acting like this because I went to your meeting” he looked at me and I hissed “well…I’m sorry for attending that important meeting BOSS…coz as far as I know…you’re late and I just thought of backing you up for I don’t want our guests to wait for a tardy boss…let’s say that I did that to save your name” he finished and I nearly punched him.

“Excuse me? Did you just call me a tardy boss?” I looked at him with my eyes flaming in anger.

“Yes…I’m sorry…but you’re always late…I mean…your staffs arrives hours before you….what kind of a leader is that? Do you even have a log sheet here?” he asked in a very annoying way and all I did was take a deep breath and calm myself (the inhale, exhale exercise don’t work actually).

“Wait here” I said and opened the doors of my office so wide, revealing the staffs.

“EXCUSE ME!” I shouted and they all stopped with their work.

“I have a question for you guys…don’t worry…its really easy and nobody will get cut” I said and they all looked at me weirdly.

“Mr. Lee here…just called me a tardy boss…I just want to confirm that…coz…as far as I know…I’ve been a hell of an early bird ever since I started rocking this company” I said with so much confidence and looked at Brady with a fake smile.

“What? Do you agree with him?” I looked at Daryl and Railey who are chuckling while watching the whole scene.

“WHAT?” I shouted impatiently.

“No ma’am…you’re not” a staff from the creative team answered and they all agreed with him.

“Now…explain your answer…and please make it simple so that…Mr. Lee’s brain can understand it” I said and he smirked.

I don’t know what’s gotten into me that made me do such thing, but what I know is that I have to put things in its right places and Mr. Lee is definitely in a wrong place now.

“Mr. Lee…madam has been our boss since day one…and she’s terrific….she is a pioneer of this brand…and you can only count by your fingers the times that she arrived late” Cho hee answered and I smiled at her.

“I agree with that…madam is always responsible and even if she comes in late…it’s just fine for she goes home late at night almost every day just to finish work…not to mention…she’s got kids and a husband to take  care of” another staff said.

“Mr. Lee…you’re actually not in the position to call our boss some names….why? Because you’re a newbie here….and…newbie’s always have to respect the seniors…like in high school…if you’re just a freshie…you’re nothing…and the seniors will just boss you around whether you like it or not…and I guess…that’s your role here…yes…you have a high position in this company…but…that girl” Daryl pointed at me “Is still THE boss here…it’s not you…so don’t around” she finished and all I want to do is give her a high five.

“You are really a bunch of childish people guys…I mean…there’s no need to make this whole thing a big deal…and if you’re trying to threaten or somewhat scare me? I’m sorry…I’m not even a bit scared” Brady said with so much confidence that made me want to stab him to death.

“Oh! I guess…someone’s getting pissed guys” Railey said and the staffs laughed.

“OK…Mr. Lee…you can get out of my office now…and please…close the door” I said and went back to my chair.

I feel a little off after what I did, but at the same time, I feel so happy and light for in some ways I got to have my revenge (that scene won’t happen again).

The moment Brady closed the doors of my office, I’ve realized that, that guy is really up for some competition. I have a feeling that he’s dying to replace me and if my gut is telling me the right thing, well, I guess I have to put my guards up once again and be watchful of his every move.

With my not-that-hot-head already, I was able to finish loads of paper works in just a matter of three hours (can you believe that?). I actually tried calling Jiyong an hour ago but his phone’s off and I guess he’s on his way to Japan already.

“Hey strong tardy chic!” Railey teased the moment she and Daryl walked in my office.

“Can you please….stop it…I mean…I don’t want to remember that freak show once again” I told them and they laughed.

“Sis…you’re one damn awhile ago…I’m telling you…your angry and scary aura spells HOT in bold letters” Daryl said and I smirked.

“I know that my head is so hot that time” I looked at her and she hissed.

“What I mean is…YOU…LOOK…SO…HOT…awhile ago…as in…sizzling hot…the voice…the approach…the angst…EVERYTHING! It’s really a perfect scene for a drama” she nods as if convincing me to agree with her.

“You’re crazy” I told her and she chuckled.

An hour passed by and the girls are still disturbing me from my work. They keep on talking about Brady and his uality. I’m telling you, he’s a bit lame and soft for a guy.

“I’m so confused…is he gay or is he straight?” Railey asked Daryl.

“No…the real question is…is he a  straight gay man…or is he a gay straight man” Daryl said and I looked at her in confusion.

“I don’t get it” I said.

“OK…I’ll define those two things to you” Daryl said and I wait for her to continue “A gay straight guy means that he’s straight with a lot of gay qualities…you know…heteroual male spawned as the result of overexposure to fashion…exotic cuisine…musical theatre…and…antique furniture….whereas…a straight gay guy…is just a gay guy who plays sports and wont’ even you” she continued and I just find her explanation and definitions a bit odd.

“Wait…so you mean…our husbands can be called a gay straight

Please log in to read the full chapter