WORKING WITH THEM.

Diary of an Idol's Wife (Crazy but fun)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Why? Why am I experiencing these crazy things when all I want is to enjoy this day? Gosh! How can I even focus on this meeting, knowing that my husband, his ex rival (who is his rival once again), and his new rival is here? I don’t know what’s happening, and I’m dying to know what’s going on. President YG is aware of our current situation (I’m so sure of that, coz Jiyong doesn’t hide anything from him) and I know so well that he knows what might happen in this meeting. That is, one wrong move and word from these two stupid jerks, they’ll be beaten to death by my husband.

“This is cool…THE faceoff” Daryl muttered and I looked at her with worry.

“What will I do?” I asked softly, to not attract attention.

“Easy… it all up and compose yourself” she whispered and I sighed.

it all up and compose myself? What? I cannot even look up. I’m so sure that Jiyong can feel my tension and the whole crowd can hear my heart beating as if it’s going out any moment soon. All I can do is zone off and when I got back to my senses, President YG is already talking.

“As I’ve said…this special issue will be part of YG RUNWAY’s grand anniversary on August…this will also help expand our market in some way for the magazine will be released not only here and Japan but in Thailand and Taiwan as well” President YG said and the girls looked at me like they’re waiting for me to react.

Truth is, I don’t know how to react for I wasn’t paying attention when he was talking. All I know is that he planned something that can help the brand expand to different sides of Asia and that’s just it.

“Alfie...take it away” he said and Alfie stood up in front with a remote on his hand and the lights were turned off.

Well, this is really shocking for me coz President YG is planning to do a partnership with Vanity Fair for the magazine’s July issue which only means that Alfie, Brady and I are going to work together.

“Mr. Yang and I have talked about the possibilities of teaming up in one issue just for fun and later realized that it’s a good idea…being appointed as the newest senior editor of Vanity Fair….I asked my whole team if it’s going to make or break both parties and they’ve done reviews and evaluations…it turns out that YG RUNWAY is being handled well by your lovely senior editor” he said while pointing at me.

Gosh! Why on earth did he point at me and added “lovely” in my senior editor label? Can’t he see? My husband is just a few meters away from him and he can just grab his collar any time he wants. And did I just hear him right?” He’s the newly appointed senior editor for Vanity Fair? As far as I’m concerned, the brand is still being managed by the same person (I’ve confirmed it through a friend of mine and yes, Alfie is the new senior editor for their brand).

“I’m actually thrilled to work with your team Mrs. Kwon for I know how good you guys are…this will not be a competition of who’s much better or more equipped…this will be a marriage of two best brands…Vanity Fair is grateful for we can help you expand your market around Asia and we can assure you that we will succeed on this” he continued.

“Mrs. Kwon….these are the draft concepts if ever you agree with this whole team up” he said and the image of 2ne1 appeared on the screen.

                                                                       

 

“We all know how 2ne1 rocketed to the top when they debuted years ago…the people’s interest are still in them and since YG RUNWAY is owned by YG Entertainment…why not use its artists to be featured in this joint project? Right? Next” he said and Big Bang’s image appeared “Who doesn’t know Big Bang? They are legends in the K-pop industry…they are internationally awarded and they have a lot of supporters all over the world…featuring them will really be a big hit for the magazine and we can already be sure that our book will sell like hot pancakes in just a snap of a finger” he said and all I can do is agree for all the he said is true.

                                                                                                     

 

“Next” he said and I saw my Vogue images on the monitor “YG RUNWAY’s Senior Editor _________ Kwon….well…maybe you’re thinking…why the hell are you dragging me here? Mrs. Kwon…a lot of people as well as brand owners are really into you…most especially…after the release of your vogue issue….it’s going to be a plus if we’ll introduce you formally in Asia…yes…they do know who you are…they know that you are the wife of G-dragon…and being a genius editor just comes next…what we’re targeting here is for the people to differentiate you from your husband…and for them to see you’re real worth…all of the high end editors have done this and I can assure you that it brought their brands up” he finished.

OK. I know that Alfie just wants to introduce me to the world as YG RUNWAY’s editor and for people not to see me not as G-dragon’s wife only, but a good magazine handler as well, but I’m already happy being labeled as Jiyong’s wife and I don’t even give a damn if people don’t see my worth for I’m so sure that I’ve proven myself to them a lot of times already.

“uhmm…OK” I said and took a deep breath “I do like the whole concept of Big Bang and 2ne1 being featured in this joint project…what I don’t like is me being featured as well…I mean…it’ll just be a waste of time and magazine pages if I’ll be there…fine…it’ll introduce me to the whole world and I can get popularity after that…but I’m already contented to being just a nameless editor…and I’m good with being labeled and known as G-dragon’s wife…in the first place…I really am and I’m proud to be” I said and I saw my husband chuckle like he wants to tell Alfie that he will never win over him.

“I’m fine with this project…but I won’t do any featuring…if you want…I can even do documentations and articles…but I really don’t want to be featured” I told him and he sighed.

“Alright…we’ll cut your featuring out” Alfie said and I nod.

“Thank you” I said and President YG cleared his throat.

After Alfie’s presentation, we discussed the things that we would want to do with the upcoming joint issue and now I know why Big Bang and 2ne1 are here and that is because, they’ll share whatever ideas they have in mind so that it can have a personal touch of everyone in it.

“2ne1 can style four teenage girls and do a make-over….actually…Big Bang can do the same as well” Railey suggested and I nod in agreement.

“Yes…that’s a good thing…we can document the whole process and put it in the magazine…after all…these two groups are well known fashion icons...and we are going to target teens and young adults here” I agreed and the two groups nods their heads.

“I was thinking of doing something really different from the normal idol magazine features…I mean…it will be better if we’ll go out of our comfort zones…right?” Alfie asked.

“What do you have in mind?” I asked.

“I was thinking if we can arrange surprise dates for five lucky VIP’s…each Big Bang member will have a date and they’re going to do surprise events for them and whatnots...we’ll document them and let their dates write their own short articles of how it feels to be on a date with the boys and who the boys are in person” Brady suggested and I just ignore him.

“I love that idea” Alfie said and I looked at him as if telling him that

Please log in to read the full chapter