LIE.

Diary of an Idol's Wife (Crazy but fun)
Please log in to read the full chapter

May 26

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What’s that suppose to mean? In my heart it doesn’t mean a thing.

Today is my twins’ big day! YEHEY! Gosh! My kids are really growing up in front of my very eyes and I can’t help but be emotional whenever I think about them leaving our humble home to some apartment for college. I mean, c’mon! I’ve carried them in my womb for nine months and have taken care of them non-stop (OK. I know that the twins are not sixteen year olds yet for they’re just turning five, but this is really something for me). My love for my kids is just overflowing, that’s why I’m being like this.

Well, this day has been a blast but it really is crazy for I did a lot of things here and there. I took a leave from work just to arrange everything and all the stress paid off the moment I saw the guests’ smiles.

And yeah, as expected, Jiyong promised the kids that he’ll go home today just for the party but it turns out the usual way once again. I don’t know what happened to him for he didn’t even call the kids earlier to tell them that he can’t make it. 

(2 days ago *May 24*)

“Kids! Someone wants to talk to you!” I called out from the living room and the girls went down the stairs first.

“Is it dad?” Gabby asked excitedly and I nod.

The girls ran like they’re life is depending on something and down came the boys who are excited as hell as well.

Jiyong and I have been video calling each other for days now since he’s in Japan and it’s going out pretty good for us and our longing for each other lessen. However, whenever we talk, the kids are already sleeping for he’s only free after work and it ends around the wee hours of the night (I swear! These video calls are lessening my time of sleep from six hours to four).

“Dad!” “Dad!” “Dad!” “Dad!” “Dad!” “Dad!”

“MY BABIES!”  Jiyong said cheerfully while his kids are squeezing their faces in between just for their dad to see them in that small screen.

“How are you dad?” “We miss you already!” “I want a toy!”  “DAD!” “Look dad I have a star from school!”

“Aigoo…one at a time please…dad can’t understand anything” Jiyong told them and I chuckled while playing with Karielle on the bed.

“Me first!” Isabella said to her brothers and sisters and I don’t know what’s with today, but the younger kids listened and stopped from talking, letting her talk first.

“Dad…how are you? How’s Japan?” Isabella asked.

“I’m fine here baby girl…Japan is still the same…nothing’s changed” Jiyong answered.

“By the way dad…mum told me that a children’s cosmetic company wanted me to become their endorser…and she said that I should ask you if you’re going to permit me then if you say yes…she’ll permit me too” our eldest said and I sighed (I’m not even planning to break that news to Jiyong yet for I know that he’ll just freak out once he learns that his daughter is being offered to endorse a cosmetic brand).

“uhmm…mum and I will talk first about that…then…you’ll know our decision right away” he said and I sigh in relief for I was expecting another thing.

I don’t know how long Jiyong and Isabella talked, but what I know is, the other kids became impatient already and it started a stir between them so I have to step in as a referee once again.

“My turn” Gabby said and scooted her way in between Isabella and DK.

“Dad!”

“Yes baby girl?” Jiyong asked with a smile on his face.

“I will be dancing for our schools’ foundation day next week and I was handpicked by our principal” she answered proudly and I know that Jiyong is also proud of our daughter.

“Congratulations! How I wish I can watch…when is that again?” he asked (here we are once again, please babe! Don’t promise anything to her).

“It’ll be next Friday…mum told me that you’ll arrive Saturday next week…so you’ won’t be able to watch” Gabby said in a sad tone.

“aww baby girl…don’t worry…I’ll ask mum to record it for me so that I can watch when I come home” he said and our daughter just nod her head.

Yeah. Another important occasion and Mr. Kwon can’t make it once again. Oh well, what can I do and what’s new?

“DK…it’s your turn” Jiyong told her and she switched places with Gabby.

“Dad…I have nothing to say actually…but…just remember that I miss you already and I can’t wait for you to come back” DK said coolly that made Jiyong smile widely.

“aww baby girl…I miss you too….wait…don’t you have any interesting things to tell dad?” he asked.

“mmm…I got an A in my Korean language exam…that’s just it” she answered and Jiyong clapped his hands (DK and Gabby are the ones who are good in speaking the Korean language while the rest of the kids are just so-so).

“Congratulations baby girl!” he said.

After that, our three boys replaced their sisters and is squeezing themselves in the swivel chair. Unlike the girls, all they talk about is Star wars and the new game that they’ve been playing (Jiyong is really enjoying this and I’m telling you, his interest is just up that bar).

“Dad! Are you going to be here for our party?” Russelle asked and I waited for Jiyong to answer.

“Well…I’m….I’m” oh please! Why is this guy hanging us? I mean, all we wanted to hear is a yes.

“Dad is coming! Uncle YG has permitted dad to come home so I’m sure that I’ll be there to party with you!” he said and I stood up and bent down beside the kids for him to see me.

“Babe…are you serious?” I asked.

“I am babe….I asked permission from YG hyung to give me a day off and he said yes…it’s just that…I have to go back here the night after the party” he answered and I felt a wave of happiness hit me.

And with that, the whole house became so festive for the whole day. The kids just can’t stop from thinking about the party and all they want is for time to go fast. I’m really happy, for Jiyong is going to be here for the twins’ birthday party.

(Present)

Preparing for a children’s party is not new to me anymore for I’ve been doing this for years now. Just imagine throwing parties for nine people. Yeah. It is stressful for I have to plan it ahead of time and to think that I’m a really busy person, it’s just crazy! I’m so thankful that I’ve got a lot of hands to help me.

“What time is Jiyong going to arrive?” Railey asked while we’re eating breakfast at Café Isabella.

“He told me last night that his flight will be by nine…so more or less he’ll be here in time for the kids’ party” I answered and she nods.

“It’s a good thing that he’s gonna come…I mean…when’s the last time that he has attended your kids’ parties?” Daryl asked while chewing some muffins.

“The last time was when Danny and I had a party together” I answered.

“I guess this is going to be normal already…them not being around in some important occasions” Railey said dramatically and I smirked.

“That’s part of the deal…we all know that being t

Please log in to read the full chapter