Dangerous

Happily Ever After?

Author's POV

"Mommy!!!" Jieun was shock awake by that loud yell.

"What? What happened?!"Jieun sat up immediately, her motherly instincts told her so. Her senses are always sharp when it comes to the kids and her love.

"Morning Mommy!" Baekhyun stood in front of her and greeted her with a smile.

"Morning Baby, why so hyper?" Jieun asked, mentally sighing in relief that nothing happened to him or anyone of the kids for that matter. She made space for him on the couch and he sat beside her.

"Mommy why are you sleeping here?" He asked curiously.

"I... Erm.. Was watching tv till I fell asleep." Jieun lied to her son.

"Oh... Then why isn't the tv on?" He asked, scratching his head.

"Because er. Daddy switched it off." Jieun lied. Again.

"Then why Daddy didn't wake Mommy up to go to the room? Mommy always does that to us!" He smiled hugging Jieun. What else could she say?

"Why so many questions today?" Jieun asked, hoping to divert his attention to other stuff, which thankfully worked because he started laughing while lying on her lap. 

While he laughed, Jieun ruffled his hair and pinched his facial features randomly making him giggle even more. Last night then came into her mind while she was playing with Baekhyun's hair and her heart felt like it was pierced through all over again...

 

Flashback

"Darling can we talk?" Jieun asked. She always preferred having a nice talk with Daehyun if she sensed that something wasn't right.

"What is there to talk about? If there's anything about me to say, I have nothing to say and if it's not important then tomorrow." Daehyun replied, covering the blanket over himself. 

"It's about the kids." She said.

"Then I'm sure it's not something very important. Leave it till tomorrow." He said. Did she hear it correctly? His kids are not someone important to him? 

"How can you say that?!" She got angry and pulled the blanket off roughly, throwing it aside.

"What's wrong with you?! I'm tired okay?!" He shouted at her.

"I'm tired with your attitude towards things as well! What's going on? Why are you treating the both of them like how I was treated in the past?! Why?! We promised to give them the best!" Jieun slammed the door so that the kids will not hear them arguing in the middle of the night.

"I didn't promise anything and stop talking about your past!" Daehyun stood up and gave her a surprise slap on her cheek. She looked at him with tears in his eyes. She didn't expect him to use his hands so quickly. She cupped her cheek in shock, not believing the sight before her. He was clearly sober this time, not under any alcohol influence.

"You want to talk about the past? I will talk about the past." He growled, taking dangerous steps towards Jieun. She was afraid of him but she didn't dare to do much.

"Don't forget I was the one who got you out of there. You practically owe your life to me. Without me you could have been long gone." He hissed, inches away from her face. She was afraid, very afraid of this husband before her.

"I own you!" He shouted at her and yanked her hair back. Tears flowed freely down Jieun's face.

"Stop crying! You look pathetic." He scoffed.

"Why? Why are you doing this to me? Where's the Daehyun I know? I want him back." She cried.

"The Daehyun you know? Do you think you really know me? The Daehyun that you will never know is a good actor." He smirked.

"See how long I've been able to fool you?" He trapped her body between his and the wall.

"But you said you loved me. You even proved to me as well. Daehyun, please." Even though she was afraid of him, she tried convincing him. But her words gained another slap on her cheek.

"Shut up! I told you. I'm a very good actor." He patted her cheek hard. She turned and faced away from him, not wanting to witness this side. He roughly grabbed her jaw and turned her face back to him.

"Listen. You owe your life to me. I own you. You better listen well or be prepared for the consequences. There's no saying what I will do to you... or the kids." He said. Her eyes widen in shock is this the same Daehyun she met and who have taken such a good care of her?

"Don't look so shocked. Didn't you forget my background? I'm a gangster. I always was and always will be." He said.

"But not all gangters are bad!" She sobbed.

"Who? Me? Your Oppa? You just don't know what he does." Daehyun said.

"What's wrong? Let me know. I will do my best to help you. Please? Stop scaring me." She cried. She loved him a lot. She felt like her heart has been burned.

"Help? What can you do except cry? Listen. Be a good girl and your life will be much easier. Don't even think of telling anyone. I assure you, you will not like the end result." He smiled.

"Why me?" She asked.

"You're just unlucky." He said.

Is this the real Daehyun? She didn't know. All she knows that she loved him and the kids too much. 

"I'll do anything you want. Just leave the kids alone. But why are you doing this to me? I'm your wife..." She said.

"Wife? You mean a nicer term for saying you're mine?!" He laughed. She didn't know what to say anymore. 

"Get out. From tomorrow onwards, you work for me. Don't worry. The kids won't know anything if you're a good girl." He said as he pulled her hair, dragging her out of their room and closed the door. She have never felt so hurt before. It was so much worst when it's the one you love doing these to you. She felt like she was burned but could not die.

She headed towards the kids' room and took a good look at them. They were already fast asleep.

She didn't want them to have a broken family. She believed she would be able to find back the good in Daehyun. She considered leaving but what help would it do? She couldn't leave him, not when she's not sure what is going on. She cannot deny the fact that he sort of owned her. He was the one who took her in. She owed her life to him...

"I don't want the both of you to suffer. As long as he doesn't do anything to the both of you, I don't mind being his to do whatever he wants to do. I don't want the both of you to end up in a broken family." She sobbed. 

Even though she loved her kids, she loved Daehyun just as much or maybe even more. There's no way she can leave the love of her life. Dumb? She stupidly in love.

Little did she know, there was someone listening to her at the door.

After spending some time with the kids, she headed down. She's got a feeling, the couch will be her bed... 

End of Flashback

 

"Mommy?" Baekhyun shook her, she snapped out of her daze.

"Yes baby?" She asked. 

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"I'm not. Those are yawn tears, baby." She wiped her tears away.

"Mommy I want to eat!" He said. 

Jieun pushed her thoughts back and made breakfast for him. As long her kids are happy, healthy and her family is not broken, she's willing to do anything for them. She accepted her fate already. She is already more than happy to have life like the past few years. She knew she wouldn't be able to enjoy such life. 

 

What if the Daehyun in the past 200+ chapters is a real badman actually? And he fooled everyone? Or not? hahaha~ 

Don't hate me or the real Daehyun.(hahaha!!!) This is just a story! If you really don't like it, I can't stop you if you want to leave~

 

Unglam Daehyun!

Sorry daehyun~ hahaha!! You're still cute and handsome to me though!