Talk

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Yang Jieun!" 

"O-oppa..." I turned around and greeted him, secretly wishing that he wouldn't be a second Minsook.

"Where have you been?!" he asked with a stern tone.

"Out  with Dae-Daehyun." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry! It totally slipped my mind that I had to inform you! I lost track of time too! I'm sorry! I promise it won't happen again!" I got so scared that I almost crashed my knees on the floor, ready to get into a kneeling position. Oppa was faster though, he grabbed my hands and prevented me from doing so.

"What do you think you're doing? Getting on your knees? Really?" He asked. I didn't dare to look into his eyes.

"I'm sorry if I've scared you with my tone. I was just anxious and was afraid that something might have happened." Oppa said as he smoothen my hair.

"I'm not trying to be overprotective of you, I just want to know that you're safe. That's all. I cannot lose you again." I nodded in understanding.

"So please, let me know that you're safe. I know you're already an adult and might probably find me annoying and all but to me, you're still my little sister. I have all the rights to take good care of you. I already did not do my part as an oppa for so many years." He said.

"I know that's why I'm not talking back. I really understand and I'm thankful that I have such a caring oppa." I hugged him. I really longed for family love.

"Pabo." Oppa said as he ruffled the hair on the back of my head.

"What happened to your ankle? Why is it all bandaged up?" He asked.

"I sprained it while avoiding some kids from crashing into me." I said.

"See? That's what happens when you don't tell me anything." Oppa said. Was he trying to make me feel guilty.

"I already apologized..." I mumbled.

"I know. Just wanted to make you feel bad." He laughed. Silly oppa.

"But you're still gonna be punished." He said seriously. I gulpped.

"You're grounded. No leaving this house for a week." Oppa said.

"But.. Oppa!!" I shook his arms.

"No buts. I have the final say." He said. I pouted. 

"It's late, go to bed." He patted my head.

"Goodnight Oppa." I said grumpily.

"Goodnight Jieunnie. Don't sulk. I'm doing it for your own good." Oppa said as he pointed to my ankle. Right, With my ankle in this state, I wouldn't have been able to leave home. I guessed he was just making sure that I really wouldn't leave. I gave him a weak smile and headed to my room.

Baby I'm homeeee~ You better rest that ankle. Daehyun texted.

Great, go get some sleep. You had a long day. Thank you for the pleasant surprise! I'm grounded anyway... Goodnight Baby~ I replied.

Grounded? What happened? Daehyun texted back.

I forgot to tell oppa where was I. I promised him to let him know so that he'll know that I'm safe. I replied.

Awww poor girl... But I'm glad you're grounded anyway. You have no choice but to get that ankle healed. Sleep. Goodnight Love~ He typed. How is it that the both of them think alike? I guessed I'm really blessed afterall, having two men who love me~

 

Daehyun's POV

Since she was grounded, I dropped by her house the next day, wanting to check on her and simply because I missed her.

"Oh Daehyun you're here? Come on in." Seungho hyung said as he opened the door.

"Morning hyung." I greeted.

"That clumsy girl didn't tell me you are dropping by today. Take a seat." Hyung said as he gestured me to the couch.

"I didn't tell her I would be coming today." I replied.

"Oh. She's still asleep. You're not planning to take her out again, are you?" he eyed me.

"No no, I just wanted to see if the sprain has gotten better. It's fine though, let her sleep in, don't need to wake her up." I replied.

"Why? You don't trust me to take care of her?" Hyung said.

"No no! Don't get the wrong idea I-" He cut me off

"I know. It's funny how you're always so tensed up. Relax. I won't eat you." Hyung joked. Why am I always embarrassing myself in front of him?

"Jokes aside, since she's asleep, let's talk." He said in a serious tone. Talk? 

"Yea, um.. Sure. What do you want to talk about?" I asked, feeling nervous for whatever reason.

"Are you serious about Jieun?" He asked, straight to the point. Of course, other than gang related matters, the other common topic we could talk about was her.

"Yes, Yes I am. I would not have stayed with her for this long if I wasn't serious about her." I said seriously, without any sarcasm in my words.

"Good, I'm just assuring. You should know her more than I do, I just don't want her to get hurt." Hyung said. I nodded.

"But there's something I would want you to do before I can entrust her to you." He said. I did not comment but listened on.

"I would want you to get a proper job. Before you start hating on me, listen first. I know I have no rights to interfere with what you do but as her brother, I want the best for her. I know you're financially able to support her but I want her to be with someone who has a stable job, have goals in life and not just live by the day." Hyung stated. I digested his words and totally agreed with him. I too, did not want to just bum around.

"I know it sounds ironic coming from me since I'm also in a gang but because I'm in it, I know the dangers." He added. 

"I understand hyung." I replied.

"Good. I'm sure you do. If you need help, feel free to approach me, I'll help you in whatever way I can." Hyung said. 

"Thank you hyung." I smiled and bowed slightly.

"Oppa! oh! Daehyunnie you came!" I turned to the direction of that voice and saw my princess at the steps.

"Hey princess. Wait, don't move. I'll help you." I said as I rushed up to her.

"Morning!" She pecked my cheek.

"Morning baby girl." I pecked the top of her head. I helped her down to the couch.

"Were you badmouthing me?" She asked, eyeing at me.

"Yea. Just told him all your secrets." I winked.

"What secrets? I have no secrets! Oppa! Daehyunnie is bullying me again!" She 'complained'. Hyung and I rolled our eyes at how silly she was.

"He's kidding. We're talking about Daehyun getting a job." Hyung said.

"Him getting a job?" She questioned.

"Why? You don't like?" I asked.

"No, I don't mean it that way. You know I'll support you!" She said as she slung her arm around me. I smiled.

 

I hope this chapter didn't turn out weird....
Aww I miss you guys too!