Jinx

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

We headed to Baekhyun's ward without a word. I was holding onto both of my princesses' hands.

I had to control my tears from flowing when I saw Baekhyun, my little boy lying lifelessly on that bed with that beeping machine and all sorts of other drips poked into his arms. My poor baby...

"Baby... Mommy's so sorry... If it's not for me, you wouldn't end up like that." Jieun apologized to Baekie while gently caressing his cheeks. Youngie was still standing beside me, holding onto my hand.

"Don't move so much okay?" I said as I placed Youngie at Baekie's side, on the bed. She was looking so sulky and gloomy as she held onto Baekie's finger. I assumed she was too afraid to touch Baekie. Seeing her settled down on the bed, I knew it was my turn to talk to Jieun.

"Princess... It's not your fault. Please, stop blaming yourself. He'll be fine." I tried saying to her as I hugged her from the back. She needs to know that it's not her fault but why do I feel like she heard nothing? What she did next scared me.

"Daehyun-ah. I'm so sorry.. If it wasn't for me, Baekhyun wouldn't be hurt, if I insisted on not taking him school, nothing will happen. I wasn't quick enough to save him. I'm really sorry." She suddenly got on her knees.

"Princess, it's not your fault. I'm not blaming you. Please, don't do this in front of Youngie, get up." I tried helping her up but she pushed my arms away instead.

"HOW IS IT NOT ME?! EVERYTHING IS BECAUSE OF ME! IT'S BECAUSE OF ME YOU GUYS GOT HURT. I'M BAD LUCK!" She shouted. I couldn't explain how I was feeling. My heart... How could she say that?

"No no. You're not. Really.. Believe me, he's going to be alright." I said as I cupped her cheeks wiping her tears.

"Mommy..."  Youngie was shocked as well. I shook my head and put a finger on my lips. I didn't want her to interfere. She's too young. She pouted.

"This is not the first time Daehyun! Ever since we got together, nothing has been going right for you. Do you remember what happened to you?! You almost lost your life because of me! Now it's Baekie! How many more people are going to get hurt because of me?! I cannot stand seeing all of you get hurt! I'M A JINX!!" She yelled at my face and pushed me away. I stumbled a little, not prepared for her push.

"I'm sorry." She apologized as she ran out. 

"JIEUN!!" I shouted wanting to chase her but Youngie will be left alone. Aish!

I contemplated with myself on whether I should go after her or allow her to take a breather first. After all, it had been a rough ride for her but I don't know if at this point of time, leaving her alone would help. Judging from the past, I didn't really think it was wise that I let her be.

However, before I could do anything, I realised Youngie was already tugging my arm, urging me to run after Jieun. What was I thinking? Even Youngie knew what to do.

"Sorry Baekie. Come on Baby." I said as I carried Youngie in my arms as it would be faster chasing after Jieun with Youngie in my arms rather than having her to run. 

"Daddy, where's Mommy?" She asked me. 

"I don't know sweetie..." I told her the truth as I continued to run. To be honest, I didn't know where I was running to. I just kept running.

I sighed in relief when I saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench under a tree in the hospital park.

"Darling~" I called out to her as I sat beside her, Youngie on my lap.

"Leave me alone. Don't come near me. I don't want anything to happen to you or Youngie." She said as she stood up and walked away.

"Stop it please, nothing will happen to us." I said as carried Youngie and grabbed Jieun's arm and pulled her into my embrace. I'm guessing she needed the comfort.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry....." She kept repeating these two words over and over again. I muffled her words by burying her face into my chest.

Youngie placed her little palm on JIeun's cheek. I guess it was her way of comforting her Mommy.

"Daehyun..." She called after awhile.

"Hmmm?" I caressed her hair.

"Let's get a divorce." She said emotionlessly. It was like she had been thinking about this for some time.

"WHAT?! What are you saying?!" I lost my cool.

"I'm sorry. It's the only way. I don't want to keep hurting you guys. I don't want the bad luck to be passed to all of you. You can take the kids. Take good care of them." She said as she broke free from my arms, trying to hide her tears.

"Mommy don't go!" Youngie cried.

"Stop there!" I shouted. She didn't stop.

"Do you want the kids to be in a broken family?! Do you really want me to live my life without my wife?!" I shouted as I walked towards her. She covered her ears instead.

"Do you really want the kids to get bullied? What about me? Are you just gonna leave me like that?" I said. I guessed she could still hear.

"Everything will be alright. You're never a jinx in my life. How many wonderful memories have you given me? Our baby girl as well... Why must you think like that? How about Baekie?! You were the one who found him. What is he going to think? That his Mommy didn't want him? Are you willing to let him go through all that again?" She actually stopped walking. I let Youngie down and she ran towards Jieun.

"Mommy don't go!! Youngie, Daddy and oppa will be sad!!" She cried as she hugged Jieun's legs. I guessed that was her breaking point. I know my princess too well, she would never want us to be unhappy.

"Baby, let go please. Mommy is sorry. Mommy don't want you to end up getting hurt as well." She said as she pried her tiny hands off. What?! Youngie cried even harder.

"How can you do that to Youngie! You know what? I don't know why do you keep insisting you're bad luck. If you're bad luck then I'm good luck! You will need me to counter your bad luck or whatever." I said as I approached her, slightly stopping her from prying Youngie's arms.

"But-" She thinks too much. I cut her words with my lips, kissing her.

"Don't say such things again. No one is allowed to mention that word from now on you hear? Before anyone could hurt us, you're already hurting us by saying those words... Do you want us to be unhappy and grumpy all the time without you around? Who knows? Maybe I was supposed to be dead that time but you're my lucky charm and nothing happened to me." I said. She shook her head and was about to talk again.

"Shut up." I said as I smacked my lips onto hers again, pulling her into my embrace.

"You're not going to leave me. I will tie our hands together if I need to prevent you from leaving." I said as I wiped her tears with my palms.

"I'm sorry...." She said as she hugged me back.

"Pabo~" I the back of her head. I knew it, she was just being crazy. How could she even leave us?

"Sorry sweetie~" Jieun squat down to Youngie's level and hugged her.

"Mommy!!!" She exclaimed.

"Did I hurt you?" Jieun asked as she worriedly inspected her arms. Youngie shook her head.

"See?! You can't even bare to see her in pain. Stupid thinking." I flicked her forehead and then planted a kiss on where I flicked.

"Let's go accompany Baekie. You're carrying her. Your punishment for making me carry her and chasing after you." I said.

"Sorry." She replied as she carried Youngie.

"Stop apologizing already!" I said as I slung my arms around her waist.

"Stupid girl." I said as I smacked her bum and then kissed her cheek.

"Stupid Mommy." Youngie smiled.

"Youngie-" I wanted to tell her that she shouldn't say that but she made me stop talking as she kissed Jieun on the other side.

I cannot have my family fall apart just because of some s. I'm gonna make sure Baekie is fine although I have absolutely no clue on how to do it...