Here For You

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Mommy, why is Oppa still sleeping?! Who's gonna play with Youngie?" Youngie pouted as she poked Baekhyun's cheek. It has been six weeks and he was still in coma.

"Baby~ Oppa's tired." That's all I said to her as I ruffled her hair. We didn't really explain what happened to Baekhyun. We only told her that he was asleep. It would be difficult to explain it to my baby girl and I don't want her to think that the same thing would happen to her.

"But Oppa is sleeping for sooooo long!! Even Youngie doesn't sleep that long!" She sulked.

"I'm going out to get clean water." Jieun said emotionlessly as she grabbed the bucket of water and headed out. She didn't even give me a chance to help her.

I know she's still upset about what happened and even though she didn't say anything, I know deep down inside, she still blames herself for everything. All I could do now is to not mention anything about that incident.

"Baby don't say that again okay." I told her. Jieun didn't like hearing such things that to remind her of anything. She can get pretty sensitive.

During the first two weeks while Baekhyun was still in coma, Jieun stayed in the hospital every night to look after him. It was so difficult to get her to rest at home. She didn't even allow me to take turns with her. I was only able to do so once only because Youngie was crying for her. She looked so tired and she lost too much weight. I had to do something. I cannot see her suffer like that, she will break down sooner or later.

I made some arrangements to have Baekie stay at home instead of the hospital and hired a personal maid. Even so, Jieun was the one taking care of Baekhyun's needs. The nurse was practically there for show but I couldn't risk not hiring her. Jieun would wipe Baekhyun, change him and just watch him sleep. Sometimes I catch her just staring blankly into space. She even move her things into his room so that she would be with him. I tried stopping her but all she said was let her be. I was afraid that she would be unhappy, I ended allowing her to do whatever she wants. I should understand that she would be sad too and I didn't want to upset her even further. I don't want to keep arguing with her, especially during this time. She ended swopping beds with Youngie. Youngie sleeps with me now.

Youngie was surprisingly understanding towards everything. I thought she would be grumpy and over-sensitive that her Mommy wasn't spending much time with her but she wasn't. She was so well-behaved that sometimes, she would even accompany Jieun to take care of Baekie. In fact, it was me who felt that Jieun has been neglecting Youngie and me.  But what could I do? I couldn't bare to make her leave Baekie because I knew she would feel so bad. Don't get me wrong, she still talks to us and play around with Youngie but it just feels so different now. It's like her soul has been out from her.

 

A few days later, I got home from work and saw a beautiful sight. Jieun was reading stories to the both of them with Youngie sitting on Jieun's lap. How happy I felt when I saw Jieun smiling slightly when she heard Youngie innocent questions.

"Daddy!" Youngie shouted as she hopped off Jieun's lap and ran towards me. I opened my arms and she crashed into my body.

"Is my baby a good girl today?" I asked as I gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Yes!!" She beamed.

"Then Youngie can have cake today." I patted her head.

"Yay!!" She yelled and I let her down. She ran down.

"Hey Princess~" I smiled at Jieun. I then felt like something was wrong when I took a second look at her. She looked so pale! Like a white sheet!

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly as I felt her forehead.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said. She wasn't burning but she felt feverish.

"You're lying!" I said as I went to search for the thermometer. I took her temperature and I was right, she was running slight fever.

"Yah! You're sick!" I chided her as I removed the book from her hands and brought her out of Baekie's room.

"I okay. I just need some water. I haven't -" She said but I did not allow her to continue.

"Stop. I have been closing one eye at the way you're treating yourself. You don't have any say now. Wait for me here. Don't you dare move." I said as I brought her to our room.

I left the room and got the nurse to take over Jieun's role of looking after Baekhyun today.

"Daddy cake!" Youngie said. She was looking for the cake. I took out the cake from the box and cut a slice for her.

"Sit down and eat okay? Don't mess the place." I said as I put the cake on the dining table for her.

"Daddy! Youngie wants to eat with Mommy and Daddy!" She said. So sweet my baby~

"Mommy is sick. Daddy has to take care of her." I said.

"Oh... No cake for Mommy?" She asked.

"Not now." I said.

"I want to be with Mommy!" she said. Cutie~

"Eat your cake first then come in okay?" I said. She nodded and ate her cake while I prepared the necessary stuff for Jieun.

"Eat this." I said as I made a sandwich for Jieun for her to take her medication. I ended up feeding her. After that, I fed her her medication.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked when she stood up.

"Baekie." She said.

"No. Not today. See what have you done to your body?! You're wearing yourself out! You're damaging your own body." I said.

"I'm alright." She said.

"Alright?! ALRIGHT?! You're falling sick Darling! How are you going to take care of Baekie if you're sick?! Can't you at least take care of yourself first?" I replied. She didn't say anything.

"I don't care what you've been doing for the past few weeks. Today you're listening to me and I won't take no for an answer." I said as I gently made her lie on our bed.

"You're sleeping with me today. So that I can look after you." I said.

"Then Baekie?" She asked.

"What about Baekie? That's what the nurse is for. Let her do her job." I said. She said nothing but just lie down.

"Mommy!" Youngie came in and climbed on the bed, lying beside Jieun.

"Yes Baby?" She asked.

"Are you sick?" Youngie sulked.

"No." Jieun replied.

"What no?! Yes! Baby, Mommy's sick. Mommy's a naughty girl. She's not resting and she's telling lies." I said.

"Mommy's a naughty girl!" She starting rambling and rolling around the bed. This crazy girl.

"Mommy get well soon!" She said as she kissed Jieun's cheek. Why is my girl so cute?!

"See? Even your daughter says so." I poked Jieun's nose.

"Come baby, go to sleep. Daddy will tuck you in." I said as I carried her to her room and placed her on her bed.

"Night sweetie." I said as I kissed her forehead and tucked her under her blankets.

"Good night Daddy!" She smiled and waved her piglet soft toy at me.

 

"Is she asleep?" Jieun asked when I went back in.

"Yeah~ Now it's your turn." I said as I lied in bed and hugged her, her back against my chest. There was this peaceful silence between us.

I was hoping that she would fall asleep soon but she was still awake. I've known her for so long, I know what's on her mind.

"Princess~" I called her.

"Hmmm?" She replied.

"I know.... Even if you don't  say anything, I know. But I want you to know too, it's really not your fault. Stop torturing yourself and your body. I don't want you to neglect your health. I don't want you to blame yourself. I know you keep everything in you because you always say you don't want me to be worried. But how can I not be worried when you're doing this to yourself? Do you really want your body to breakdown? I want to be here for you." I said.

"Daehyun~" She called and before I know it, her tears started falling.

"Shh... Don't need to say anything. It's okay to cry, to let it out. But I hope after that, you'll let it go. Don't keep holding on to this guilt. There's nothing to be guilty about." I said as I pulled her closer to me.

"I'm sorry~" She apologized.

"Silly girl~ You don't need to say anything." I said.

"You'll always have my shoulder and chest to cry and lean on. I'm always here for you." I whispered.

That night I fell asleep with her in my arms.

 

This chapter is kinda for fun because I kinda miss Daehyun princey moments. I also want to portray a less hot tempered Daehyun.