Understanding

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

My little princess calmed me down. I talked to her for awhile, just caressing Jieun's bump.

"Close your eyes." She said suddenly.

"What?" I answered grumpily although I was feeling much better already after saying whatever I felt.

"Just close." She said.

"Don't you dare steal a kiss!" I frowned as I closed my eyes. 

"If you want I can give it to you." She said.

"No. I'm still mad." I replied.

"What do you see?" She asked.

"What? You ask me to close my eyes and ask me what do I see?! How do I see then?" I grumbled.

"Tsk. Don't think so much. Just say what you see now." She said.

"What game are you playing? I'm not in the mood for games." I said.

"Just tell me what you see!" She suddenly grew frustrated which scared me a little since I was closing my eyes.

"Nothing okay? I see nothing! It's just black and empty! Can I open now?! What are you doing?" I asked.

"That's how I feel when you're not around." She said snuggling up to me without my consent.

"You feel nothing when I'm not around? Wow... What are you trying to do?" I said, trying to remove her grip on me.

"Tsk! No! I feel black, dark and empty when you're not around." She said, hugging me and looking up at me. I turned away to hide my smile.

"It was supposed to be romantic but you spoilt it!" She pouted.

"Childish." I said but to be honest, I thought it was kinda cute.

"But you're smiling again. That's all that matters. Baby, see how handsome your Daddy is when he smiles? You won't find anyone as handsome and charming as him." She 'talked' to our princess.

"I thought you told me she won't reply then why are you talking to her? And I did not smile." I said.

"She'll hear me." She smiled at me. I said nothing but let her do whatever she wants to with me.

"Darling, I'm really really really really sorry. I know no amount of sorrys I say can change the fact that I was mean towards you but I'm really sorry from the bottom of my heart." She suddenly stopped hugging me and knelt down in front of me.

"Get up. I'm not dead yet." I said coldly.

"Not until you forgive me." She said. 

"Even if you don't think for yourself, think for the baby! Get up!" I said, helping her up.

"No, I'm sure she will understand. Right, my baby girl?" She said.

"Please Daehyunnie~~ What do you want? I'll promise anything as long as you forgive me." She said.

"I won't yell at you anymore." She said.

"I won't ask you to get me anymore food!" She added. I know I should not do this but it was actually quite a funny sight. 

"I won't vent my anger on you!" She added when I did not say a word.

"I'll listen to whatever you say!! Please!!!" She pleaded. Baby girl, you have a really silly Mommy.

"Get up first. Talk later. I'm sure she feels uncomfortable with you kneeling." I said as I helped her up again.

"No no no... This is not about her, it's about you... You're still not forgiving me?" She pouted.

"Do you think you deserve to be forgiven that easily? Quick get up. Stop doing this." I said.

"What do you want from me?! I already apologized! You're the one with the moodswing and being mean towards me now! It's not that I want to have mood swings. What can I do if I can't control my pregnant self not to have mood swings. Shouldn't we be forgiving towards each other?!" She suddenly cried which honestly scared me a little. Have I pushed her too far? 

"What more do you want? Food? I'll give you whatever you want! Please..." She added in a softer tone.

"You think I'm you? I don't have weird cravings." I replied even though I know I should not have gone further to agitate her.

"What? Aren't you having weird mood swings now?" She mumbled.

"What did you say?" I asked, pretending I did not catch what she said.

"Nothing...." She muttered, looking down and very upset.

The only thing I could do now is...

"Yah." I called her. She looked up at me with pouty lips. I cupped the both sides of her cheeks and sealed her lips with mine. She stared at me with shock. I then pulled away.

"Now, can you get up?" I asked.

"You forgive me?" She asked.

"Didn't I just kiss you just now? Isn't this how the saying goes? Forgive and kiss or something?" I said, unsure what I was actually saying.

"No, it's kiss and make love." She said when she finally got up from kneeling. Huh? Kiss and make love? Is there even such a phrase?"

"NO I MEAN MAKE UP! KISS AND MAKE UP!" She waved her arms at me.

"Okay okay, whatever that phrase is. Why get so worked up?" I asked as she sat back beside me, hugging my waist while my palm found it's way to Jieun's baby bump.

"All Yongguk oppa's fault!" She said.

"His fault?" I asked, clueless as to what she was talking about. She then told me the entire story. I laughed and shook my head. Was hyung dreaming of his girlfriend? Wait, I don't want to know.

"So.... Do you mean whatever you promised just now?" I asked her.

"Hmmm?" I asked when she did not reply me.

"What? You talking to me? I thought you're talking to your little princess." She replied.

"Don't pretend. You know I'm talking to my big princess." I said, 

"Erm... Yeah~ If it makes you happy." She said, not actually trusting herself to say that.

"Okay. Then you'll have to listen to me." I smiled. 

"I've always listened to you." She said. I made a face. Listen to me? Yes. But always listen to me? A big fat no.

"I don't mind you venting your anger on me or have mood swings. I should be prepared. I don't want you to keep them in you anyway. It's not healthy for both of my princesses. But please, don't say hurtful words to me. You don't know how lousy I feel." I said.

"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it. I take back my hurtful words okay? Pretend I didn't say, pretend you didn't hear them." She said.

"I'll promise to try my best to control my mood swings." She added.

"That's my girl!" I messed her hair.

"Why did you have to avoid my calls just now?" She asked me.

"Actually I forgot to bring my phone with me. I was just at Youngjae's and then you, you make me feel so worried I had to come home." I explained. She said nothing but gave me a peck on my cheek.

"Naughty baby girl, see what you did to me and your Mommy? We both had mood swings." I said, drawing my palms in circles on her baby bump.

"OW! Daehyunnie!" She slapped my thigh. What did I do?

"She kicked me again! She must be unhappy with your accusation." My Jieun said.

"Fine fine, it's daddy fault okay? My baby is a good girl." I said, caressing her tummy, secretly expecting to feel her kick again.

"No no, it's Mommy's fault." She said. I was a little surprised she would blame herself, not that she doesn't admit her mistakes or what but it was just weird.

"But we're okay now." She smiled at me and interwined our fingers, resting her head on my shoulders.

Baby girl, I can't wait for you to come to this world. I want to shower you with lots of love.