Listen to Me

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I was left alone in his office. It's not like he didn't shout at me before, sure we had fights and quarrels and stuff but why did he seem extremely harsh today? It's my fault right? I'm sure it is. Every time when something like that happens, it seemed to be always my fault, even if I was doing it for him. 

He always warned me about keeping things from him and I just had to keep it from him even knowing he would hate me for doing it. But why can't he think from my shoes? Telling him would mean putting him and the restaurant in danger. If that's the case then I would of course keep it from him, at least he would be safe.

Stupid girl. It's all your fault. See how mad Daehyun is now?

After I've calmed down, I left the room hoping to make up with him. I don't know what will happen because he seemed really pissed. No matter how many times we've quarrelled, an angry Daehyun is scary, really, no joke. I guess when he's mad, his gangster side just comes out. I took a deep breath and braced myself. I sound like I'm going for war when in reality, I feel so much worst.

"Oppa, I'm sorry... Will you please hear me out?" I said as I approached him.

"Not now, I'm busy." He said as he walked away from me. He wasn't even busy. It was an excuse, probably to avoid talking to me. The restaurant is pretty quiet now since it's not peak hours.

"Please? You're not doing anything now~" I said, almost pleading.

"I said later! I'm busy dammit!" He replied, almost shouting. I bet he would have shouted if we were in the room. Knowing that he was stil mad, I decided that it was wise if I let him be and not pester him. I went to the corner table and took a seat.

"Miss Yang, would you like anything?" One of the waitresses approached me with a menu.

"Just a sandwich will do. Thanks." I replied, totally not in the mood. She smiled at me and then went to proceed with my order. I sat there watching Daehyun interracting with the diners. If I did not create this mess, he would be talking to me instead of them.

"Here you go Miss Yang, enjoy your meal." The same waitress placed my food on the table. I smiled and she went to do her own stuff. She approached Daehyun and said things that  I couldn't hear. Oh well~

I stared at my food, not eating it. just poking around... I don't know why am I so affected today. It's not like it's the first time. I guess it was probably because it felt like the past again. I have not been abused ever since they went to prison and then suddenly new members turn up and things happen.

I started eating my food really slowly. I didn't have much appetite to start with.

"Miss Yang, do you want to go back first? You seem really tired." The waitress said. I must have fallen asleep while watching Daehyun. I took a glance at Daehyun, he did not seem to be bothered about my presence, he wasn't even looking at my direction.

"Oh don't worry about me. Go and do your stuff." I smiled at her.

"Would you like a cup of drink then? While waiting for him?" She asked. I looked at her.

"Sorry, I said too much." She apologized.

"Just a cup of tea will do. Thanks." I said as I got up from my seat. I looked at my watch, it was almost six in the evening.

"Oppa please? Can we talk now? I won't take long." I asked.

"I'm busy. You go back first." He said, not looking at me. 

"What are you busy with? You're obviously finding excuses!" I said, not feeling very happy about it.

"Say whatever you want." He walked away.

"Please!" I grabbed his arm, preventing him from walking further.

"Look, people are piling in, don't create a scene here. You want to talk? Fine wait for me till the restaurant closes. If you can't then just go back. I'm not forcing you." He said as he pushed my hand away. What is up with his attitude?! 

"I'll wait." I said, not trying to flare. I'm the one at fault.

"Suit yourself." He said. I sighed and went back to where I was sitting. 

Daehyun, you don't know how much it hurts when you talk to me in that tone of yours. I waited and waited. While waiting, I watched the happy faces of couples and families who dine in here hoping that they would rub some of their happiness on me. No such luck. I was not happy at all.

"Good bye, rest well all! Thank you for your hardwork today!" Daehyun said as the workers left. Finally.

"Now can we talk?" I asked.

"I'm tired. Leave it to tomorrow." He said.

"JUNG DAEHYUN! Stop ignoring me!" I shouted when we were the only ones left in the restaurant.

"What?! I'm really tired!" He glared at me. 

"Fine. Say. Say what you want to say now." He said, pulling a chair out and sit.

"I'm sorry. I know how much you-" He cut me off.

"I'm not angry." He said.

"But your expression tells me otherwise!" I said.

"I'm not. I'll send you home." He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the restaurant. He then locked it and we headed to his car.

"I thought I'm staying with you tonight?" I said. We agreed yesterday. He was driving towards my house. He did not say anything.

"Would you please stop ignoring me?!" I said, feeling helpless. Again, no reply as he just drove.

"You're home. Goodnight." He said as the car stopped in front of my house.

"I told you I'll be staying with you." I said. He said nothing but got out of his car. I wondered what he was doing when he came to my side.

"Goodnight." He said when he open my door.

"Please... Stop treating me like that!" I said, on the verge of tears. I think I caught him rolling his eyes but it was dark so I wasn't sure. He leant forward and unbuckled my seat belt and pulled me out by grabbing me elbow. His grip was painful.

He then slammed the door shut without a word.

"Daehyun!" I shouted but I was too late. He had already got in the car and drove off.

Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll ask for your forgiveness.

When I entered, Oppa wasn't home yet. Somehow, I felt relieved. I didn't want him to question me. I'm not in the mood to talk.

I laid in bed and thoughts ran through my mind. Daehyun seemed really really pissed. As much as I want to ignore, I couldn't. I needed to do something. I guess I was too tired from all the crying and shouting, I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up early enough and made my way to his house. 

I opened the door and headed for the kitchen. I started making breakfast for him knowing very well food was his weak spot. Just after I was done, he came down.

"What are you doing here?" He asked when he saw me.

"To make up to you." I said.

"There's no need to. I'm not mad and I'm in a rush." He said, adjusting his tie.

"Just eat and listen to me!" I raised my voice. I was glad when he took a seat on the couch.

"I know you're mad even if you say you're not. I'm sorry from keeping it from you. I just want you to be safe. That's all. I don't know why you're so mad at me. It's not like I want it to happen." I said as I sat beside him.

"Are you done?" He asked.

"Were you even listening?" I asked.

"Yes. Now I need to go. You can choose to stay here or go home. It's up to you." He said as he wore his shoes and left.

"Daehyun!" I shouted, opening the door but he had already got into his car and drove off.

Why is he still mad at me when I've made myself clear? It was for him! He did not even eat the breakfast I prepared... Agrhh! I don't know what to do anymore!

 

This couple is weird.... haha~ Or maybe I'm the weird one. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM HIMCHAN~