Would You?

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

To be honest, for the past two weeks, I wasn't on a business trip. I was planning the proposal, hoping for it to be the most memorable one for her. I really hope everything will go smoothly. I'm so afraid I'll screw something up. I didn't meet her for two weeks it's because I was afraid that I would leak something out, spoiling the surprise and I wanted to have that sense of longing for her. Even though the proposal is gonna be a simple one, things that we've done a number of times, they all have significance behind it. I hope she can feel the sincerity in my actions.

There, I knelt on one knee in front of her, asking her to be the most important person in my life. I may have looked really calm but I was nervous like crazy. I felt like my heart was gonna explode from the nervousness. 

"I Love You Princess, would you marry me?" I almost stuttered. I didn't know a person like me would be this nervous when proposing. I liked how the boys were there to be our witness. However, she said nothing.

"From the very first time I saw you in school, when we had that eye contact, I knew you are someone special but I didn't know you would be this special to me. The girls in school liked me for my gangster and cold image while you love me as Jung Daehyun. I never thought I would be able to find true love after all the tragic incidents I had to go through. I didn't know if I can love you enough, when I saw you so broken, all I wanted to do was to protect you. I really enjoyed every moment with you. Seeing that smile on your face was enough to make me happy, knowing that I was the one who make you smile that beautifully. The way you tended to my wounds in the past, how you were worrying for me, your delicious meals, your kisses, your hugs, your silliness, your teasings, your everything, I remembered then all. Those petty arguments, they only proved to me how much you love me. Thank you for supporting me and being my strength." I said, from the bottom of my heart. As long I meant what I said, she would feel my heart. I didn't know if I was saying the right things or not.

"Then, I guess I started taking you for granted and I had to go through the worst three months of my life. I still hated myself for letting you go that easily. But I guess it's human nature, only when you're not with me, I realised how much I love you, how much I missed you. I guess it was only when I lost you I realised how much I should treasure you more." I continued.

"I know I said hurtful things to you before and may not be worthy enough for a beautiful princess like you but I hope you'll be able to feel my love for you. I have never treated a girl with so much respect before. I want to  spend the rest of my life with you taking care of you, loving you and I hope you will want to spend yours with me too. So Princess, would you marry me?" I said as I took out the diamond ring from the box. I got really emotional and my tears started flowing. She was crying too as I held her hand. 

As I was about to slip the ring onto her finger, she did something that shocked me. She clenched her fist, as though not wanting me to put the ring in. Is this really happening? She's not gonna accept my proposal? I feel so light-headed, like I was gonna collaspe any moment. Is she gonna do this in front of so many people?

"Jieun ah! Why?! Can't you see how much this silly boy loves you? Accept him~" If I'm not wrong, Himchan hyung was the one who said.

Then it was filled with voices asking her to accept me.

"Accept him!"

"Hug and kiss!"

"Is the ring not big enough?"

"Don't leave him kneeling there!"

"Aish Jieun!"

"Just say yes!!"

"Say yes or I'll not forgive you noona!"

This is not happening right? I feel like I was on the verge of fainting.

She then removed her palm from me.

"Chill, I didn't say I wouldn't. Pabo, you held onto the wrong hand." Was what I think she said. WAIT?! WHAT?!

"IS THAT A YES?" I asked.

"Yes yes yes yes yes!" She said. I was still stunned from her reply.

"You agree to marry me?" I asked again.

"Yes, Jung Daehyun. I agree to marry you." She said as she helped me up. My legs were jelly. I quickly slipped the ring onto her finger.

"You cannot back out! The boys witnessed everything!" I said. She then hugged me tightly.

"Thank you for the pleasant surprise." She said and we engaged in a tongue locking kiss. The boys cheered and clapped.

"How dare you tease me on a day like this?! I almost went crazy! I thought you wouldn't accept me! Naughty girl!" I scolded her playfully for playing with my heart.

"You always tease me, why can't I tease you back, besides, it was cute seeing you so tensed." She said as she pecked me again.

The crowd dispersed and the boys left us alone while we walked along the beach, hand in hand.

"Your little no, long speech you did said back there, was really sweet. I didn't know I meant this much to you. It's not you who is unworthy for me, it's me who's not." She said as she looked down and walked.

"No, no one else in the world is worthy for me except you. Don't look down on yourself. I love only this Yang Jieun. Why of all things I've said, you only noticed that one line?" I said.

"Because it's not true? You did so much for me..." She said.

"You did a lot for me too..." I poked her nose.

"But I was abused and then I became spoiled and unreasonable and mmphhh" I cut her words with my lips on hers.

"Shhhh.... Still so noisy... Mrs Jung." I said as I pulled away.

"I'm not Mrs Jung yet. Don't forget, there's a Mr Yang you have to go through first." She smiled and patted my hand. That certain Mr Yang is a scary Mr Yang. Will Seungho hyung give us his blessings?

 

I wanted to have a longer speech but... oh well... Daehyun is nervous.

Another update! See how much I love you guys? HAHAHA! AND THE COMMENTS!!! DAMN FUNNY!!! THANK YOU!! I WAS SMILING THE WHOLE TIME WHILE READING THEM!!