By Your Side

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

I woke up to an unusual sound, sound of deep, uneven breathing. I looked to my side where my princess was asleep and was startled by what I saw. She was breathing really hard, eyes and fists clenched tight and was perspiring profusely. I then heard sniffling sounds.

"Darling~" I called while tapping her arm.

"Baby wake up~ It's alright." I said, shaking her a little more vigorously.

"Daehyunnie~" She cried as she hugged me.

"Shh.... It's just a dream. I'm here." I patted her back.

"Wait here, I'll get you some milk?" I asked after she had calmed down.

"No! Don't go!" She hugged me tighter. 

"Okay okay, I won't leave you." I held her hands.

"How bout we go down and drink something?" I asked her since she did not want to be alone, we could go down together. She nodded.

I went to the fridge and took out the fresh milk and poured two glasses while she stood beside me. We then headed to the couch.

"What happened?" I asked. She looked like she was zoned out, not answering me.

"Princess?" I called her.

"Daehyunnie, what if we can't have our own flesh and blood? Will you be angry? Will you leave me?" She asked, sounding panicky. I wanted to flick her forehead to but I knew it was not the right time. Her dream was probably about that.

"You can ask me a million times and my answer will still be the same." I told her, bringing her close to me.

"Don't worry too much. You're putting too much pressure on yourself. It's not healthy." I said.

"But I cannot control. Every time I think about kids or watch anything that has kids in them, I just can't help it... Am I going crazy? I am right?" She mumbled.

"No, you're not crazy silly. You're just overthinking. Try to control okay? I know you can. Think of happy things. Think of us together instead. Stop thinking about kids and babies. Why? After marrying to me you don't think of me anymore?" I feigned sadness.

"It's not that! It's really not!!" She hurriedly said.

"Pabo." I scolded playfully.

"It's just that I don't need to think of you, you're always beside me. Till I'm bored." She said.

"You're bored of me already?" I asked feeling upset.

"The good kind of bored I guess." She nodded and smiled.

"Yah~ What good kind of bored? Is there even such stuff as good kind and bad kind of bored?" I asked. She nodded with a smile.

"Can joke and smile already means you're okay right? How pretty you look when you smile and laugh like that." I said, caressing her face.

"Doesn't mean I joke and smile means I'm okay." She said. Wow, that was straightforward. I was a little taken aback by her statement.

"But I'll try to be. You do so much for me. I'll try to be happy for you." She said.

"I don't need you to be happy for me. I want you to be genuinely happy." I pecked her forehead.

"With you I will. Eventually." She replied.

"Thank you." She said and hugged me.

"Silly girl! What is there to thank?" I said.

"For being with me even though you're busy. It's so late already and you have to go to work later yet you have to wake up in the middle of the night just to check if I'm okay and what do I do? I flare at you without any reason and give you so much problems.." She said. 

"I rather you tell them to me than to keep it from me. And what did I say? You come first. It's doesn't matter if I have lesser sleep." I said. I wish I could just hug her and squeeze her like this forever. 

"But it matters to me. I'm fine. Let's go back to bed." She said.

"You sure?" I asked, she nodded. 

"Okay." I slipped my arms under her and carried her back to our room.

"Goodnight Princess, remember, sweet dreams only. Dream of me." I said as I pecked her lips.

"Goodnight darling." She said as she snuggled close to me.

 

"I'm home!" I exclaimed as I opened the front door.

"So early today?" She asked, coming out from the kitchen in her apron.

"Yeah. I told you I'll be back for dinner, to eat it with you." I said. I felt back that she had to eat by herself for the past few weeks.

"Oh! My soup!" She yelled as she went back to the kitchen. I laughed at her silliness. WIth the medication and my patience, she has gotten a lot better. She don't get grumpy as often and she smiles more and appears so much better. I hope its genuine and not just to please me. I would be upset if she hid her true feelings from me.

"What are you cooking?" I asked.

"Your favourites." She smiled.

I opened the lids and got a shock. It was way too much for the two of us.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked.

"Mmmhmm. Why won't I be? You came home early today." She smiled as she stirred the soup.

"But you cooked a lot today." I said.

"Really? Oops. I must have got carried away. It's fine! You'll eat right?" She asked. I wasn't sure if she was really feeling okay or not.

"Yea, of course." I said anyway.

"Go shower first, I'll be done soon!" She said as she patted my , chasing me out of the kitchen.

"Are you really okay?" I asked.

"Yes! Now go!" She said as she chased me out.

When I was done with my bath, she was already seated on the dining area with five dishes.

"Let's eat !" I said, looking at the mouth watering food on the table. We started eating. The dishes we prepared really nicely. I wondered how long she took to cook all these. At least there was something to keep her busy.

I came home early because I have a good news for her. Seeing her eat so happily, I wanted to tell her now.

"Princess, I got something good to tell you." I said.

"What good news?" She asked, looking interested.

"I found someone to manage the restaurant." I said.

"And?" She replied, looking lost.

"I can work from home now because I don't need to go back to the restaurant everyday. I can spend more time with you." I said. I thought she would be happy to hear this but her expression told me otherwise.

"Why? What's wrong? You don't want me home?" I asked.

"Of course not! I'm happy! Then I can see you more often! I worried whether that guy is trustworthy." She said. I smiled.

"Don't worry, I did my checks. He's okay. I'll still go back to the restaurant randomly just to check." I assured her.

"I can go with you too!" She exclaimed. She's so sweet. 

"Eat more!" I said as I fed her.

It's been quite long since I've seen her this happy and cheerful and I'm glad that I'm able to make her feel this way.

We were then on our bed just lazing around when she started spamming me with kisses.

"What's with the sudden overflowing of kisses?" I asked, feeling quite good about it.

"I don't know. I just feel like." She said, still kissing my cheeks, my eyes, my nose, my forehead and even my chin. She did not kiss me on my lips though.

"Because I love you." She said as she gave me a deep, long and passionate kiss on my lips.

Tonight, we did something we have not done a long time. I was afraid that she would feel sad or something but she wasn't. We had a long and beautiful night together. 

 

As usual, sorry for the long wait for this chapter. I had close to zero motivation.. :(

 

EXO won!! Whoo!!

 

And a cute Daehyun one!