Is This Love?

Happily Ever After?

Author's POV

"Yah!" That scary voice shouted. Her voice brings fear to that little boy even though she often tells him she loves him.

"Yes Umma." The little boy replied as soon as he ran towards her.

"What are your legs for?! What took you so long?! Are you trying to be a naughty boy?!" She flared as she pulled his little ears. He shook his head furiously. Was he taking a long time? When he heard his mom calling for him, even though it wasn't by his name, he dropped whatever he was doing and ran to her.

"Clean this up!" She said as she threw a box of tissue against his tiny frame. It was painful but the little one cannot cry, he didn't dare to. The devil would get even angrier. She pointed to a puddle of spilled soda on the kitchen floor.

"While you're at it, wipe the entire floor as well." She said. The entire floor? The cute little boy stared at her with blank eyes.

"What's with that face?! You're already considered lucky! The other four year olds does more than just wiping the floors! Get to work! I want them clean by the time I'm done with my nails! If not you'll get it from me!" She shouted as she pinched and stretched his cheek harshly. Little four year old Baekhyun had no choice but to listen to his Umma words.

"Yes Umma." He replied and did what he was ordered to do.

His Umma always told Baekhyun this was how other families treat their first child. They had to help their parents. She brainwashed him that he would be a good boy if he listened to her well, which he always did. She would scold and beat the child and tell him it was okay. That's just the way parents show love. Being loved by his single mom is a good thing right? But why was it painful? He never told umma that though. Who knows what would happen to that poor boy? He always questioned himself, what is love? Is love supposed to be painful?

Baekhyun never got out of the house to see the outside world. His mother didn't feel the need to. It would destroy the beliefs she had instilled in him. Baekhyun understood that to be loved, its to show by hands and words. Not by hugging or calling him pet names. It was by the beatings and scoldings. He endured the treatment because to be loved is a good thing, as according to his Umma.

It was funny though, Baekhyun loved his mom as well but he didn't portray by hitting his mom because he wanted to be a good boy.

"Done?!" His Umma kicked his crawling figure just enough to make him slip. 

"Sorr-Sorry Umma...." He appologized immediately seeing her pissed off face. SLAP! A harsh blow went across his cheek. He cupped his cheek and cried. 

"Shut up! Did I say you can cry?! Why are you always so naughty!! What did you promise me? You said you would be a good boy so WHY ARE YOU MISBEHAVING?!" She pulled him up harshly by his arm to stand. If he could have controlled his tears, he would but how was a four year old able to control his tears from flowing?

"Kneel down now!" She shouted. He got to his knees instantly.

"Stretch your arms out!" She yelled again. He obediently stuck them out. She disappeared for a moment and came back with something Baekhyun didn't like, the cane.

"Sorry Umma!!" He cried as he was caned on his arms. He tried to avoid the canes but she grabbed his palm and stretched them out and then inflicted harsher on him.

"Ahhh!!" He cried, tears flowing down his face.

"I'm not abusing you! I'm disiplining you! Naughty kids like you definitely needs to be disiplined." She said after she was done caning him. Poor boy~

"Yah. Have you learnt your lesson? Are you going to be a good boy now?" She asked. He nodded.

"Are you mute?! You want me to feed you chilli?!" He shook his chin roughly.

" No no Umma, please don't! Yes Umma, I will be good." He sobbed.

"Good. You stay in this position and reflect on your mistakes until I allow you to get up. Is that clear? You move and I will cane you again." His mom told him.

"Yes Umma. I'm sorry Umma. Baekhyun will be good." He replied like he was taught to.

"I don't even want to hear your name." She said and walked out of the kitchen, leaving him kneeling with his arms stretched out in front of him.

Baekhyun, you made Umma mad again. Why can't you just be a good boy and make umma happy? He had this conversation with himself in his head.

Soon, his mom told him to carry on cleaning the floor which he did obediently not wanting to make his umma mad again. He wanted his dinner too. If he does what his mom told him and does it well, he would be given a small bowl of rice which was even too little for a growing boy.

Before his bedtime, his umma would always dress his wounds. Of course, she would dress them without effort, it was just a show for the boy to think that his mom actually cares for him when in fact, whatever his mother was thinking was how stupid this boy was.

He was finally able to sleep. He bed made up of a cushion barely able to fit his entire body and it's placed in the living room. Even animals had better bed than this poor little boy. He had difficulty sleeping because he felt cold and the cane marks on his arms hurt.

 

On the other side, in the Jung family's house, screamings and yellings flooded the house.

"AHHHH!!! DADDYYYY!!!" Their three year old baby princess were yelling when Daehyun was running around with her on his back. She was enjoying her little family time with her dad. 

"Baby girl would you go to bed now? Daddy's tired... Can we play tomorrow?" Daehyun let her down.

"No! I want ice cream. Please Daddy..." She pouted.

"Again? You just ate it yesterday. Too much ice cream is not good for you, princess ah~" Daehyun said.

"Why is my family so crazy for food? One is mad over cheesecake, another is crazy over ice cream." Jieun grumbled.

"Please please please Daddy please!!" She pleaded adding her killer puppy eyes which her daddy could not say no to.

"I don't want to get into trouble with Mommy! You ask Mommy." Daehyun told his baby girl, pushing Jieun towards her.

"Please Mommy!! Pretty please!!" She tugged onto Jieun's pajamas.

"I'll give you ice cream tomorrow if you go to bed now. It's past your bedtime Sweetheart. Go to bed?" Jieun tried talking to her.

"You promise?" She stuck out her pinkie finger.

"Promise. Can you go to bed now?" Jieun asked her little princess.

"I want to sleep with Mommy and Daddy!" She shouted, scaring her both parents.

"Go grab your piggie, bolster and blankie then." Jieun patted her bum.

She ran to her room and ran back out moments later with her stuff.

"Let's go to bed!" Daehyun scooped her in her arms and carried her to their room.

"Goodnight Darling, goodnight sweetheart." Jieun kissed her little girl on her cheek and her Daehyun on his lips.

"Goodnight Mommy, Goodnight Daddy." Eunyoung sounded sleepy as she gave her parents a kiss each.

"Goodnight my princesses." Daehyun said as he kissed the both of them as well.

Just when they thought their little princess has finally fallen asleep, she spoke.

"Daddy, why do you call me and Mommy princess? Youngie is confused!" She said. 

"Aigoo.. Why are you so adorable?!" Daehyun squealed.

"Just go to sleep." Daehyun patted his little girl. She fell asleep eventually, feeling comfortable, warm and loved in between her parents.

Two kids, two different families, two different lives.

 

FINALLY~ BAEKIE APPEARED. Did his role disappoint you? I hope not. He just looks like a kid to me so.... hahaha~ 

First time writing in Author's POV was it okay?

Daehyun and Jieun is about 27 years old now if my math did not fail me. haha~ Eunyoung is three and Baekhyun is four.

And oh! My request shop is now open! Do feel free to request! Go go go! :)