Liar

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"The babies are having an mini play in school and they are inviting us. Youngie is really looking forward to it. You will go right?" I asked Daehyun, who was busy on the computer even when it was time to sleep. He works the whole day and even at night he's working?

"Darling?" I called when he did not reply me.

"Hmmm?" He replied, still looking at his computer.

"You will go right? Will you spare some time for your girl?" I asked.

"Yeah~ Sure." He replied, typing away.

"Are you even listening?" I asked as I removed his hands from the keyboard.

"Yeah. Go to her play. I will be there. She's my girl." He said, making me sit on his lap.

"You're not listening! I said they're having a play, not just Youngie." I repled.

"Are you done? Take a break!!" I squeezed his cheeks with my palms.

"Okay okay." He said, typing the last few sentences before turning off the computer.

"Are you really that busy?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Do you need my help?" I asked.

"Nah~ I can handle on my own. Goodnight Princess." He said as he gave me a peck on my cheek. Wow. That was fast...

 

"Mommy is Daddy coming?" Youngie asked, tugging on my arm in her pretty fairy costume.

"Yes. I'm sure Daddy is coming. He never breaks his promises right? Maybe he's tied up at work." I adjusted her fairy wings.

"Tied up? We need to save Daddy!" Baekie said to me in his prince outfit. So handsome my boy, little prince charming.

"Not tied up as in tied up baby, Daddy is probably busy with work. " I said as I adjusted his bowtie.

"Ohhh." He replied cutely.

"Go get ready. Your teachers are calling you. Good luck babies!" I said as I gave them each a peck and patted their butts and they ran off cutely.

"Dae, pick up." I mumbled to myself when I called his phone a few times. There was still no answer.

Where are you? You promised me you would be here. I texted him. There was no reply. Soon, the kids' play started and there was still no sign of Daehyun. What is he doing?! It's his precious baby girl and boy. How could he just not come like that? I told him weeks in advance! 

I clapped when my babies came out. They seemed to be really distracted. Their eyes seemed like they were scanning the crowd for their Daddy. He better have a good reason for not turning up today.

"Mommy where's Daddy!? You bluffed me! You said Daddy would be here!!" Youngie ran to me and hit her little fists against my thighs. Baekie looked really sad and disappointed.

"I'm sorry Baby, I'm sure Daddy didn't mean to." I said. She cried, turning her body away from me. How much it hurts to have your child turning away from you. Daehyun, how can you do this to us? 

I was supposed to bring them out for a treat for doing a good job but I guessed none of us were in the mood...

"Babies, let's go home okay?" I said as I held their hands.

"No! Mommy is a liar!" Youngie shouted at me. My heart shattered in to a billion pieces. Youngie, do you know how much your words hurt Mommy? Having your kid to call you a liar is really no joke, the pain is undescribable. Even though it hurts and I wanted to scold her, I couldn't because I really did lie to her. Daehyun, I'm doing this for you.

"Come." I said as I grabbed Baekhyun's hand while he held on to Eunyoung since she didn't want to hold onto mine. I drove them back home. 

"Kids are you-" My words got cut by the slamming of their door. I ought to scold them for being rude to me but they were already so upset. I didn't have the heart to. 

"Kids, come out and eat." I said after cooking some noodles for them. The room was quiet. I opened the door and see the both of them playing with their own toys under their blanket. 

"Babies come." I said as I held Baekhyun's hand. He was always the easier one to coax. He followed me. 

"Youngie~" I patted her shoulder. She pouted and shook her head.

"Come on, eat something. Mommy is sorry." I said, trying to prevent my tears from slipping.

"Youngie come~" Baekie tugged her blanket. She shook her head. Daehyun's absence must have really affected her a lot. It was her first show. She had a pretty role but Daehyun wasn't there to see her. She hesitated for awhile before following Baekhyun. She must still be mad at me.

"Baby girl, Mommy is sorry for lying... I'm sure Daddy is sorry too." I fed her. She chewed and ate quietly.

"Baby, I know you're sad but you cannot raise your voice at Mommy. It's wrong and disrespectful and Mommy will feel hurt." I talked to her. She looked guilty.

"Sorry Mommy..." She pouted. I smiled and shook my head, ruffling her hair. 

After eating, they watched tv moodlessly and eventually fell asleep on the couch. I carried them up to their room.

I spammed Daehyun with calls and voice messages while doing the housechores but he did not reply nor pick up my calls or messages. I really hope he has a good reason for his absence... Though I'm not sure what could be more important than our babies.

 

Just a really short one! I suddenly had the motivation to update so here goes! :) Awww don't guess my story! Hahaha!