Hidden Agenda

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

Ever since we broke up, things have not been going well for me. I mixed up figures, schedules and even scolded my staff who did not do anything wrong. I guessed they sort of guessed what was going on without having me me to say anything since she doesn't appear here anymore.Why am I letting her affect me at work?!

The first few days I waited for someone to deliver lunch to me and then I realised, she would not be coming to feed me anymore... Changing everyday habits is not as easy as it seems. I need to stop thinking that she would come because she would not. The place have become so much quieter without her cheerfulness around. I'm just not use to this 'single' status. I guess I would be able to get over it soon. She is not the same Jieun anymore. I don't understand why she changed so much! Do people suddenly become rich change like that too? I don't know what she wants anymore. She wants me to spend time with her but she was also the one who encouraged me to set up the restaurant.

I was shocked when one of my staff told me that she only wanted me to serve her. What was she planning to do? I wanted to go back into my office but how long could I avoid her?No,  I didn't do anything wrong so why should I avoid her? Who knows what she would do if I did not attend to her? Throw a huge tantrum maybe? I don't know and I'm not interested to find out. I will just have to treat her as one of the diners. She came with Mir hyung. Hyung is a nice and funny guy but I did not like her hanging out alone with only him.

She ordered a couple set. What couple set?! I'm so sure she did that on purpose. Do whatever you want. I will not and do not care.

"Please don't take too long." She said after I had repeated her orders. There she goes again, behaving like a spoilt brat. I really dislike this side of her. It does not mean she has the money now she can control people. I walked away.

"Boss, are you okay? I can take over if you want." Yoori said. She must have seen my pissed off expression.

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't need to worry about me. Just do your job." I said nicely.

When the food was ready, I walked towards them with the plate on my arms. I took a glance at them and realised that they have gotten a lot closer. Its like all that's left for them to stick together is glue. It's not like the restaurant or table was that small that they had to squeeze and sit so close to each other.

I then did my own things around the restaurant. I know I said not to care and that I did not care, I can't help but take glances at her. FEEDING SOMEONE ELSE IN PUBLIC?! WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING?! Smiling so sweetly and all. Tsk. So disgusting! No, I'm not jealous at all. It's just that friends don't behave like that! Ah now what is she doing?! He's not a baby! Why can't he wipe his lips by himself?! Why don't he make use of his hands? Wait, I don't mean helping her to wipe the sauce off her lips too! What the hell am I even looking at?

I walked back to my office before I get goosebumps all over my skin. I'm disgusted, not jealous. 

After witnessing what they were doing, I burried myself into work, I wasn't sure what I was doing too, I just needed to get those images out of my head.

When we knocked off, I got out of my office and see Yoori seated at one of the tables again.

"Boyfriend again?" I asked. I did not mean to sound insensitive if I came across like that. All she did was nod her head, looking ultra sad. I totally understood her feelings. I'm going through the same phase as her, only that mine was my girlfriend or rather, ex-girlfriend.

"Don't worry too much, come I'll drop you off." I comforted her even though it was rather useless since I was not able to even comfort myself.

As usual, I locked the restaurant first before driving my car to the front to fetch her. The moment she got in the car, she gave me a shock.

"He broke up with me...." She cried. Wow, who would have thought that the both of us would be going through the same phase? I did not know what else to say except to let her cry and calm down by herself. I wasn't in the mood and didn't think that I would be able to console her further since I couldn't even console myself.

"Sorry..." She apologized after calming down. I shook my head, telling her not to worry about it.

"I'll drop you off?" I asked.

"Erm... I feel like going for a drink, you know, just numb myself a little." She said.

"Sure. I guess I need to numb myself too." I said as I drove to a nearby pub. I needed it too.

We ordered drinks like there was no tomorrow. She was gulpping them down like mineral water. When she was less conscious of her surroundings, she then spilled her love life to me. Sometimes, people just needed a listening ear. Her stories sounded like they were a happy couple. She made him sound like a sweet man. So why did he do that to her? Yes, Jieun, why did you do this to me? How could someone as sweet as you were become someone you are now?

I spent so much time and effort to 'heal' her and this is how she treats me after she's well and all?! Why isn't the alcohol numbing me? 

I knew I shouldn't drink too much so I tried to control myself to limit my drinking. After all, she's a woman and I'm a man. 

"Enough. We still have to work tomorrow." I said as I pulled the cup of alcohol away from . She was so drunk that she couldn't even walk straight, I had to support her to get her in my car.

I drove her back home. She seemed to have difficulties going up alone more or less come out from the car. I helped her up.

I brought her back to her home and set her on her couch.

"Rest well and take care." I said as I could totally understand how she feels.

Just as I was about to leave her house, she hugged me from the back, giving me a shock of my life. No other girl has hugged me like that before except my first love. 

"Yoori, let go, you're drunk." I said as I pried her hands off me.

"Oppa, don't go." She slurred.

"Yoori let go, I'm not him." I replied, still prying her hands.

"Daehyun oppa, why can't you see me? I LOVE YOU! I'm so much better than Jieun! She's a brat, I'm not! I treat you so good, unlike her! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE ME?" Her voice got louder and louder. What? I stood still for a moment, stunned. She loves me? I don't think I'm that drunk to be hearing things. In fact, I'm pretty much still sober.

"You don't mean it. You're drunk. I'm not your boyfriend!" I said, finally manage to get her hands off me.

"I'm not! I don't have a boyfriend! I lied to be able to work in your restaurant! I know how controlling is that . Don't you remember me Daehyun oppa?" She asked. 

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Yoori, your junior in school. You never once noticed me and it's all that brat's fault!" She yelled like as though she went crazy.

"You're mad." I commented.

"I'm not! I liked you since then but you never saw me! It was always her! Why?! I'm nicer than her, I'm prettier than her, I'm younger than her and even ier than her!" She cried. I was too stunned to say anything. She haboured feelings for me for years already?

"Then when I know you were gonna open a restaurant, I thought I would be able to get closer to you. I didn't need you to like me back but seeing you with that brat, how come you could fall for someone like her and not me instead?!" She screamed into my face. She came to the restaurant with a hidden motive all along?

"Because she is not you. Stop calling her a brat. You're fired. Don't need to appear for work tomorrow or ever." I said, heading out. 

"I'm gonna have you and no one can stop me. I'm not letting my efforts go to waste." She hissed. Before I could do anything, she spun me around and forcefully kissed me ON MY LIPS! I pushed her at her shoulders resisting her to continue with that kiss.

"WHY!! I CAN EVEN GIVE YOU MY FIRST!" She yelled as she started ing her shirt. I'm a guy too and under the influence of alcohol, if I do not get out of there soon, I'm afraid I would not be able to control myself. I slapped her back to reality.

"Look at you! This is the reason why I never saw you and will never see you. You're a . She's not. Stop harassing me." I said and headed for the door again.

"STOP! DON'T EVEN THINK OF LEAVING!" She shouted as she grabbed me back and almost forcing to rip my shirt apart. She's crazy.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!" I pushed her hard and she landed on the floor. I quickly made my way out of her house and ran back to my car.

I sat in my car thinking. What the hell just happened?! A woman just kissed me and almost forced herself onto me?! Are girls even supposed to behave like that? I got a shock. WHAT THE HELL?! 

I burried my face into my palms. I did it, I betrayed her... She had all the right to break up with me. I did not listen to her warnings that Yoori was bad news. Maybe it's even better that you left me so that you I won't hurt you further. Find someone who won't hurt you like I did. I'm sorry....

 

Sorry! Was supposed to update earlier but I was too sleepy. 

Daehyun was obviously jealous. He just didn't want to admit it. haha~

Yupp, some of you guessed it, Yoori is bad news. Tsk tsk. 

Oh and Daehyun and Jieun are still s because Jieun would only do it after marriage and Daehyun respected her. I mentioned this here and here in My Gangster Prince.