Affected

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

Ever since that trip to the doctor, my mood was low. To say I was not affect was a huge lie. I'm so affected by that news. Why must it be me? It didn't matter if they brought harm to me but why to Daehyun and my future too? I have considered adopting but Daehyun still strongly believes there's hope even it it was just 15%.

I feel bad that Daehyun has to go through all my mood fluctuations. I know it's my fault and I felt sorry for him. I really tried to control myself but maybe I was not trying hard enough. He, on the other hand was being really patient and understanding. He gave in to me, allowed me to do whatever I want, tried to spend whatever time he has with me.

I was never an optimistic person after how much I had gone through. What's the point of staying in a big house when there are only the two of us? This house was supposed to be filled with laughter and liveliness.

"I'm full!" I said. I was in a rather okay mood. We were eating dinner together.

"Really? You ate quite little though." Daehyun said as he rubbed my stomach.

"Don't!" I shouted. I got sensitive and pushed his hand away. He looked at me with a shocked expression.

"Are you okay? Anywhere hurts?" He asked worriedly.

"Nowhere." I mumbled as I got up from the seat.

"Then what happened?" He asked.

"Just don't okay?!" I flared as I walked away.

"Okay okay, I won't do it anymore if you don't like. Don't need to yell." He said. I kept quiet.

"Is this about the baby again?" He asked.

"No." I lied, looking away.

"It is right?" He asked as he tilted my chin back to face him.

"Is 'yes' the word you want to hear?! If you want to hear it so much then yes, YES OKAY?!" I said, removing his grip from my chin.

"I told you how many times? It's not your fault..." He reasoned.

"It is okay?! It just is! You said you would get angry right? Then get angry for all I care!" I yelled and headed to our room. I know I am wrong but I could not help it. Daehyun said nothing.

 

Daehyun's POV

I know she's upset about the news and I'm as upset as her but what can I do? It was not like I could push the blame anyone nor throw a tantrum. I know she's unhappy and I tried to make her happier. She might be 23 years old but I know deep down she was still that broken girl. When she needed to vent, I allowed her to vent on me, when she was in a good mood, I would share with her but I am only human, how much can I take this?

I assumed she was in a good mood so we talked a little more. Who knows she would suddenly flare? I did not know she would be this sensitive or am I the insensitive one? There she goes with her moodswings. I know I should not let this continue but I could not seem to stop her. Perhaps she would feel better after letting them out. I hope so.

I said I would get angry with her but seriously, how could I? She was already so down, I shouldn't add on to her frustrations. I sighed when she slammed our door shut again. It wasn't the first time. Since she was already in a bad mood, I decided to coax her. I went up to the room and knocked on the door. She did not reply so I just let myself in. The moment I stepped in, she threw my pillow at me. Did she cry? Her face was rather red with tears.

"Get out." She sobbed.

"Princess, please, don't -" She cut me off.

"I said get out!!" She shouted as she came towards me and roughly pushed me out of the room and slammed the door shut. I then heard a the lock of the door. She locked me out of my own room.

"Goodnight..." I mumbled as I knew whatever I wanted to say would not go in. I guessed it's me and the couch tonight.

The next morning, I felt someone tracing my biceps. It was ticklish.

"Sorry... I couldn't control..." I heard that someone say, my girl.

"You're awake..." She said when I opened my eyes. I nodded.

"Morning baby." She said as she pecked my lips. She looked sad all over again. Was it the word 'baby'? 

"Come here.." I said as I patted to the space beside me. She obediently sat, resting in my arms.

"Listen to me, promise you'll not get mad." I said as I stuck my last finger out. She gave me a look before locking our pinkies together.

"Do you want to go for a checkup? I'm worried about you." I said, praying hard that she does not flare.

"I must be a handful to you..." She said.

"I don't mean anything like that. I just don't want you to get hurt further. I'll be by your side, I promise." I said. She thought for awhile and then nodded. I smiled. At least she is willing to accept help.

I accompanied her to check up and the psychiatrist dianogsed her with depression. Although it wasn't at a serious stage, it could escalate. I was told to not agitate her and try to keep her calm and happy. He had also provide medication to calm her down. I was so hurt. It was only not long into our marriage and she's suffering from depression? I guessed the news and the fact that she cooped up at home had a part to play.

I really hate how everything has to happen on her. Has she not suffered enough? She's married to me to live a blissful life. I never wanted her to exprience such torture.

"I'm sorry..." She said.

"No, no need to apologise. I'll take care of you. But you must also promise me to take care of yourself as well. I need you to think positively, do more activities." I told her. She kept quiet.

"Can you please keep this promise? I don't want to see you torture yourself and allow this incident to torment you. There's still chance." I said.

"..... promise... " She hesitated. At least she replied.

"We'll go through it together. I'm not going to leave you to fend for yourself. How bout we take a break and go for a short trip?" I asked.

"I want to stay home..." She said as she shook her head.

"No~ I won't force a short trip on you. I'll go shopping with you instead. I heard retail therapy works." I said. 

"But what if-" I cut her off.

"No what ifs I'm going to do everything to help you and get you well again." I said.

"Thank you~" She hugged my waist.

"Pabo so don't overthink okay? Talk to me at least let me know what you're thinking." I replied. She nodded.

"That's my wife!" I pinched her nose and kissed her cheek. Princess, please get well soon.

 

I'm so sorry for the delay~ I had like serious mental block and did not know what to write for this chapter. Pardon me if it's bad~