Cheering Up

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Stop it!!" I screamed. Then, everything was pitched black. I sat up and took deep breaths. It was only a bad dream. I was having the same dream over and over again, till I was afraid to fall asleep. I always dreamt of Daehyun with another girl, different girls and none of them was me. He smiled and treated them with affection in his eyes and he was doing it all in front of me. I cannot take it. I felt like I was going crazy. I could only fall back asleep at five in the morning and woke up to send the kids to school. It's fine if you didn't love me but must you even appear in my dreams to flaunt to me how happy you are with different girls around you? 

I tears flowed uncontrollably. I had to leave my room to prevent from waking the kids up. I'm feeling really miserable. I know I said I wouldn't mind if you have other girls but the fact is that I mind and I mind a lot. It hurts so badly. 

I ought to hate you for doing whatever you've done to me. I really tried but I can't!! The more I tell myself to hate you, to forget about you, the more you appear in my head. Why? Why do you keep appearing in my head?! Do you know how often I feel like ending my life? All the time! I'm only alive to take care of the kids. I'm already dead inside.

I resorted to drinking as well. I drank till I was able to fall asleep.

"Oppa stop!!" I heard giggling and I slowly opened my eyes. The both of them was sitting on the floor, playing puzzles.

"Shhh!!! I told you not to laugh so loud!" Baekie said as he covered Youngie's mouth.

"Mmmm!!!" Youngie said whatever she said but was muffled. I smiled at the sight of them both of them.

"Sorry Mommy..." She pouted when Baekhyun's hand were no longer covering .

"Why the sorry?" I asked.

"Youngie woke Mommy up..." She said.

"Silly girl~" I smiled.

"MOMMY SMILED!!!" She shouted. Yes baby, only for the both of you.

"You mean Mommy don't smile?" I asked. They shook their heads.

"Nope! Mommy always has this face." They started making sad and grumpy faces which was really cute.

"Mommy will smile more then." I said.

"Mommy can we go out today? We're bored!!!" Youngie said as she messed up the puzzle they fixed together.

"Yah!!!" Baekhyun poked her cheek. She giggled again.

"Can we? Can we? Can we? Please Mommy!!!" The both of them did super cute aegyo, hugging me. I can't say no right?

"Okay, what do the both of you want to do?" I asked.

"EAT!!" They yelled together. Again, reminding me of Daehyun. Why am I even thinking of him? I'm sure his new girl would feed him well. Now, my babies come first.

"Okay, go get changed then." I said as patted their bums.

"Change us!!" They said excitedly as they pulled me up to the room to change them. 

After changing, I drove them to a nearby shopping centre for yogurt. The both of them ate messily.

"Yah baby, don't your palm!" I said as I took the tissue to wipe Baekhyun's palm.

"It's nice!" He smiled at me with is frozen yogurt mustache.

"Do you want more?" I asked. He shook his head. After they ate, I held the both of them on either sides an we went shopping. The both of them were skipping and talking to no end. I then realised how long it has been since I brought them out. 

I brought them to a costume shop because they were interested in it.

"Mommy that's scary!" Youngie pointed to a monster mask.

"Really? How scary is that?" I asked.

"Daddy scary!" She said and ran off. 

"Mommy look!" Baekhyun shouted for my attention. I turned and he was wearing those funny spectacles that were too huge for his face and a colourful girly wig. He started dancing around. This boy. I laughed.

"Mommy Mommy!" It was Youngie's turn. She was wearing a hat that covered her eyes and a fake mostashe and beard. 

"What are the both of you doing?!" I laughed. They then started speaking gibberish which none of us knew what they were saying and did all sorts of crazy actions. Even the shop owner laughed at them but they didn't care. Kids, they didn't care how people looked at them, they're so carefree.

"Mommy wear this!" Baekhyun said as he handed me a crown.

"Mommy so pretty!" He said, feeling proud that I was wearing the piece he chose.

"But baby, this is for boys." I said.

"Oops!! Sorry Mommy!" He stuck out his tongue and ran to find something girly.

"This this Mommy!!" Youngie came back with a tiara. I took off her hat but only to have her shout.

"For you!!" She said as she pulled me down to her level to place the tiara on my head. It wasn't neatly place but it'll do. She clapped.

We played a little longer then I bought some stuff back as souveniors for the kids since I felt bad that we were in the shop for a rather long time. After window shopping for a while longer, I drove them back.

"Are my babies happy?" I asked when we reached home.

"YES!! Mommy are you happy?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yes, Mommy is happy." I replied, not sure if it was from the bottom of my heart. The both of them gave each other a hi five.

"Are you kids really that happy?" I asked.

"Yes!! Because we made Mommy happy! When Mommy is sad, Youngie and Baekie are sad too." They said. I then understood what they were doing. They were doing everything to cheer me up. My kids are so lovely.

"Mommy don't cry!!!" Youngie said, suddenly sounding panicky. I should really stop being so emotional.

"Mommy is just touched." I said as I wiped my tears.

"Touched? We didn't touch you." Baekhyun said, confused. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Mommy love the two of you very much." I said.

"I Love Mommy!" They said as they hugged and kissed me. So sweet, my angels.

Just then, the door bell rang.

"Jieunnie!" I heard someone calling my name when Auntie opened the door. The voice distrupted my time with my kids, then again, it sounded oddly familiar though I didn't know if I wanted to see him.

 

Short one because I wanted to give you guys something to read but I didn't have much time to type a lengthy chapter. Enjoy a little sweetness first. :) and yes, I'm gonna leave you guys hanging in suspense. Muhahaha~