Awful

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I ran into the kids' room and shut the door, careful not to wake the kids up. My back rested against the door. I bit my fist to muffle my cries. Why is he so mean? It's not like I wanted things to turn out this way. What can I do if I'm weak at controlling my mood? Does he think I wanted to be depressed? It's not like I can choose! Why must he say things so hurtful to me? I could have forgiven him if he was drunk but he was absolutely sober when he said those words... Actually, I would have forgiven him regardless. It must be difficult for him too... I feel so awful now... Can't the happy and blissful moments last longer?

I then heard shuffling noises. I quickly wiped my tears.

"Mommy? Morning Mommy!" Baekie greeted me when he saw me. 

"Morning baby~" I walked towards him. He sat up and I sat on his bed.

"Had a good sleep?" I asked, trying to sound as normal as possible. He nodded.

"Mommy, why are your eyes red?" He asked. I looked away, trying to control my tears. Jieun, don't you dare cry in front of him.

"Mommy are you crying?!" He suddenly shouted.

"Shh... No baby, I think sand went into my eyes..." I smiled.

"Sand? Mommy, we don't have sand..." He looked confused.

"I mean dust. Don't worry, Mommy is fine." I smiled and ruffled his hair. I hugged him. 

"Mommy, I want pancakes!" He suddenly said. What if Daehyun was downstairs? I'm not prepared to face him...

"Aigoo, you baby pig... Shall we wait for Youngie to be up first? We'll eat breakfast together?" I asked. He nodded happily. I played with him on the bed for awhile until Youngie woke up because of the noise we were making. Hearing my kids laugh made my mood a little better.

"Morning Mommy!" Youngie cheerfully greeted me.

"Whoa, my baby is so hyper already?" I asked as I approached her.

"Yes yes yes!" She smiled.

"Morning Princess." I gave her a peck on her forehead.

"Breakfast?" I asked. She nodded happily.

"What are we eating, Mommy?" She asked.

"Oppa wants pancakes, do you want it?" I asked.

"Yay pancakes!" She nodded excitely.

"Let's go then!" I said as I pulled her up.

"Carry!" She said.

"Lazy bum~" I patted her bum as I carried her. Baekhyun grabbed on to the end of my top. I guess he was probably afraid of Daehyun as well.

"Mommy, is Daddy still angry?" Youngie asked.

"I don't know baby." I said truthfully.

"Youngie is scared." She said as she buried her face at my neck.

"Daddy won't hurt you." I said, not really believing in my own words.

When we headed down, Daehyun was sitting on the couch. 

"Morning Daddy..." Baekie greeted him. Youngie hesitated before greeting him as well.

"What morning? Does both of you only know how to sleep? What did I say last night?!" Daehyun scolded. I could feel Youngie hugging me tighter and Baekie grabbing my shirt even tighter.

"Don't think that you keep quiet or have your mother siding you you're fine! Come here!" He added. Seriously, what has gotten into him? Picking up fights early in the morning when the kids just want to have their breakfast.

"I'll not let you do anything to them. Last night you didn't even leave your room. Are you expecting them to stand till the sun rises?!" I argued back, not even intending to put Youngie down. I brought the both of them to the kitchen with me. I don't know what Daehyun would do to them. He can vent and flare at me for all I care but he I won't allow my kids to get hurt because of his crazy temper.

"Want to help Mommy with pancakes?" I asked them, back to my motherly voice. They nodded but I could sense the fear in them.

"Mommy won't let anything happen to the both of you okay? Daddy is just cranky." I said as I squatted down to their level.

"Mommy, Daddy is scary... Why does Daddy keep scolding us? Is Youngie and Oppa naughty?" Youngie asked.

"No princess. Daddy is the naughty one." I said. 

We then made pancakes together with the two little ones helping me with simple things.

"Done! Let's eat!" I said as I carried the plate of pancakes out and they each carried their own plates, walking by my sides.

"Baby, ask Daddy if he wants some." I said in a softer tone. 

"But Mommy said Daddy is naughty..." Youngie whispered back.

"Naughty or not, Daddy will still have to eat. Just ask, remember what Mommy said? I won't let anything happen to you." I said.

"Daddy... Eat." Youngie said to Daehyun. He looked at her and came and join us. Our breakfast was awkwardly quiet except for the chewing and lifting up of our utensils.

"What are you doing?!" I slapped his palm away when I saw him trying to reach for Youngie's face. I may be upset but I will never let anyone hurt my babies.

"She got syrup on her cheek." Daehyun said. I felt bad that I misunderstood him but it wasn't a big deal. He hurt me too.

"I'll clean it." I said.

"Messy girl~" I smiled as I wiped her cheek. She grinned at me. I pinched her nose.

"Go play in your room. Mommy will play with the both of you later okay? No running. You both just ate." I said after they were done with their food. The both of them brisk walked up to their room. So cute~

"I'll do it." I said as I took the plates from Daehyun when he tried to help me.

"Can we talk?" Daehyun asked while I was washing the plates.

"I don't know. Can we? Will you yell at me or blame me for something again? Actually, you know what? You can do whatever you want. Like I said, you can vent it on me. Whatever unhappiness you can just yell it out at me, I don't mind. It doesn't matter anyway. My feelings doesn't matter to you. I can always be your punching bag." I said, heart super painful. Don't cry Jieun!

"I... I'm sorry... I wasn't myself then... I'm sorry I said mean things to you and the kids... I know I can't take back what I've said but I hope you'll forget I said it please?" he said.

"Don't apologize. When are you not yourself again? I don't know what to believe." I replied, not that I really mean to. I was just hurt.

"Sorry..." He said again. There was silence between us for awhile.

"You didn't hurt me as much as you hurt the kids." I said even though it wasn't really true. I believe the three of us were equally hurt by his words and actions.

"I know... I'll talk to them later." He replied. Then, awkward silence again.

"Do you need help with the restaurant? May be I could get Oppa or the boys to help?" I asked. He's my Daehyun afterall, I have to be there for him right?

"No! Don't even think of that! What would that make me?! That I can't even handle my own business?!" He suddenly shouted. 

"I was just trying to help!" I shouted back.

"Then don't!" He shouted and left the room. So much for apologizing...

I quickly get my stuff done and called Oppa. I cannot see him suffer everything by himself no matter how much of an he is now. He could probably not know about this.

I would just have to figure out how to pass the money to him... Without him knowing it's from Oppa.

After calling Oppa, I headed up to play with the kids and also, to be with them in case Daehyun tries anything funny or stupid. He could be apologizing one moment and be yelling at the next. But I should understand him too right? He's stressed out.

I ran up when I heard crying.

"What happened?! Stop hitting them!" I shouted as I ran towards them, blocking them from Daehyun.

"Mommy!! Youngie said sorry to Daddy already..." Youngie cried. I hushed her.

"You ask the both of them! What the hell as this room turn into?! Everything is all over the place! Don't they clean up after they're done?!" He shouted.

"They're just babies! What do you expect from them?! It's my job okay? How much can I do in a day? I know you're stressed and all but that doesn't mean you can just hit them like that! Since when did you care about the tidiness of their room?!" I argued back.

"I can't even have a say in this house? I can't even discipline my own kids?! It's because of you! You spoil them too much!" He landed a hard slap on Baekhyun's arm. 

"I said stop hitting them! Hit me if you want or you get out! Don't find things to yell at them for the sake of venting your anger! I've been treating them like this since the day Youngie was borned!" I pushed him out of the room and locked the door. He's a beast!

"Is it painful?" I asked Baekhyun, rubbing the part that Daehyun slapped. He nodded, tears flowing down his cheeks.

"It's okay... Mommy is sorry... I promised not to let Daddy hurt you both..." I said, caressing both of their cheeks. 

"Mommy, why is Daddy like that? Daddy didn't kiss Youngie today but shout and beat Youngie..." Youngie cried.

"Shh... Daddy is just stressed... Even though he's not even supposed to be hitting you even when he's stressed... Give Daddy some time okay?" I said as I wiped her tears. To think I was still saying good words for him.

"Is Youngie naughty that's why Daddy beats me? Youngie didn't fight with Oppa." She sobbed.

"No no, Youngie is Mommy's good girl. Baekie is a good boy too and Mommy loves the both of you very much. Stop crying okay? How about Mommy bring the both of you out and play?" I asked. They shook their heads. I guessed their mood has been affected too.

"Okay then. We just stay in this room okay?" I said. They took their colouring stuff out and laid on the floor to draw. Instead of the usual stuff they drew, their pieces were dark and gloomy. Daehyun, why are you turning to someone I don't know?

 

 

Unlike Daehyun (haha), you guys are so sweet! Such a short chapter yet so many comments! Thank you! <3

Updating cause of BADMAN TEASER YO! :) And I'm in a super happy mood so yeah~ Sorry for the delayed update. I had the longest mental block. agrhh...

I don't think I can double update anytime soon because 1. I only thought of the events that happen as a whole. I haven't come up with the chapters yet... 2. If I double update, the story will end too soon. haha~ I can't bare...

Btw, any babys going for their sg press con?