Out Of Spite

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I was tired but I couldn't sleep well. That scene kept replaying in my head, how they were so close to each other. Yes, I want to know too! How is that even possible?! Daehyun didn't even say anything to defend himself apart from saying that he did not do it. Why didn't he explain himself? I would have listened. Not only did he kiss her, he shouted at me! Things that I've never heard him say before was all thrown at me like bricks hitting right in my face. If it wasn't for his words, I wouldn't have known how much unhappiness is in him and how much he dislikes me. How pathetic, my first love relationship ended like that.

Maybe everything was a huge mistake. I loved him like he was my world but I don't think I'm his world.

"Oppa~" I greeted when I saw him in the living room, sitting on the couch reading a gadget magazine. I felt like my waterworks was gonna start again. I leaned onto his chest, sitting close to him. He patted my head not saying anything. Actually, without even saying anything, I already felt so much better. Seungho Oppa is the best, he would never hurt me. I felt so comforted in his arms. I guess that's the privileges of having an older brother you can rely on. I don't think he will ever disappoint me. It was because of his caring nature, I couldn't help but let my tears flow.

"What happened? Why did things turn out like this?" He asked after I calmed down from the crying.

"I broke up with him...." I muttered.

"Uh-huh... What did he do? Or what did you do?" He asked.

"I saw him kissing another girl in the car. He said mean stuff to me too. Ugrh! I hate him!" I vented, punching the couch.

"What mean things?" He asked.

"Why would I bother remembering? All I remembered was he said mean stuff!" I lied.

"And I thought I could trust him to take care of you. I told him before, I would not let him off if he hurts you again. That man is definitely asking for trouble." Oppa said, suddenly sounding dangerous. I then remembered Daehyun talking about oppa behaving like that.

"No! Don't!" I stopped him.

"I thought you hate him?" He asked, not sure whether if it was on purpose for me to think whether I hated him or not. 

"I-I do!" I said, not sure if I meant it.

"But it's between the both of us, oppa, please don't do anything. I'll settle it myself. I just need a listening ear." I added.

"You sure?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Okay then, if you say so." He replied. I do not know what will become of me if I do not have Seungho oppa.

"Don't worry, it's not the end of the world and he's not the only guy in the world. Go out, make new friends and stuff. I don't want you to be cooped up at home or sulk your day away. Maybe you can find someone you like?" He said. I laughed at his efforts to cheer me up.

"Oppa! I don't think I'm ready for another relationship so soon! I don't want to get hurt and get upset again." I said.

"Chill chill, I'm just saying maybe, I'm not asking you to find one immediately!" He pushed my head playfully.

"How bout you oppa? Are you gonna have a girlfriend?" I wriggled my eyebrows.

"Aye~ Who would want to date me? I'm so old already and I'm in a gang. Who would want to settle down with someone with a complicated background? Girls wants sense of security and blah blah blah~" He said.

"Aww... Then we'll both grow old together! We can take care of each other!" I said.

"Silly girl! You're still young! I'm sure you'll have many suitors!" Oppa said. I kept quiet.

"Sorry..." Oppa apologised, I shook my head, telling him I'm fine.

Oppa comforted me and accompanied me throughout the day. If someone as busy as him could make time for me the moment he knows I'm not happy, why can't Daehyun do the same?

Despite his jokes and me joking around with him, I was still pretty much upset and angry.

Daehyun wants to play this game? Well, both can play it.

A couple of days later, I went out with the Mblaq guys again. They seem to know what was going on and tried to cheer me up even more which I felt bad for them. They looked like they had to think a lot before saying something that could affect my feelings. How thoughtful of them but it's not like I could get better. I just didn't want them to feel bad so I pretended I was okay.

After hanging out for the whole of the afternoon, the other oppas except Mir Oppa left to have their own personal time. Mir oppa would accompany me from dinner today.

I knew it was going to be childish of me but I decided to do it. I was gonna spite him.

I went to eat with oppa at his restaurant. I ordered the couple set on purpose. I requested that only he could serve me. The other waiters and waitresses could do nothing about me. Oppa and I chatted and laughed happily, or at least I appeared happy. That's all that mattered, that I look happy without him.

When I saw him looking towards us, I took a piece of tissue and wiped oppa's mouth. I sat rather close to him and occassionally fed him a few mouthfuls. I couldn't help it. He should have a taste of his own medicine. But now, since we've already broken up, I doubt it would mean anything to him. After awhile, I did not see him around.

"You're doing this because of him?" Oppa asked. I nodded.

"I'm sorry for using you to spite him..." I apologised. Oppa just smiled at me and said nothing.

"I'm not feeling well, I wanna go home." I said. 

"Sure, I'll drop you off." He said as he called for the bill.

"I'm sorry I ruined the mood for dinner." I apologised.

"No worries. I ate well. Go back and rest. Goodnight Jieunnie!" Mir Oppa smiled. I bidded him goodbye and entered my house. 

Tonight, like every other night, I drank till I was drunk before I fell asleep. I could only fall asleep with the help of alcohol. Don't cry you stupid girl!

 

 

Jieun is not in the right mind, therefore, all she thinks of is unhappiness.

I'm sorry if this chapter is trashy~ All these emo chapters is making me sad too. HAHA! If only I could potray what I really feel right now. Oh well~