Awkward

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

Just as I thought, she was really alone in the garden, sitting on a bench. Why wasn't she inside with the kids? Was it because I'm there? Don't think too much Daehyun.

I walked towards her wanting to hand her a plate of spagetti with cream sauce and bacon bits, one of her favourite food. I don't want us to forever be at this not talking stage. I guess to get us talking again, I would have to make the first move. I didn't mind though since I was also at fault.

Wordlessly, I handed her the plate. She looked at me and shook her head. Why? Is she not gonna accept anything from me anymore or she was just not hungry? I did not care whatever her answer was. I do not like to see her not eating. Has she gotten slimmer? Whatever, I took her hand and placed the plate in her palm.

"Can.. Can I sit?" Gosh, why am I stuttering and feeling nervous? It's not like I have not talked to her before but it seemed like a really long time since we had a proper conversation. How long? Maybe three months? I'm not sure. Those months were actually quite painful to count so I did not bother. She moved a little to make space for me. There was awkward silence between us. She was poking her food while I was just staring at my fingers.

"Sorry..." I was shocked that we both said it at the same time. Coincidence? I think not. We could probably have wanted to say this for a long time. Maybe not we but me. I've been wanting to say this but I was just afraid to look for her. What if she already found someone else to replace me? I do not want to face that truth. We both ended smiling at the coincidence. 

Then, it was awkward silence again. I should make my move now.

"I.. It's...What you had witnessed that night wasn't what really happened. There was something in her eye and she asked me to check. I really did not kiss her then." I explained.

"It doesn't matter anymore. It's so long ago." She said. Somehow, I can't help but feel hurt. It's like she's given up on me. It's not right? Agrh! Since when have I lacked confidence? Why do I keep thinking so much negative stuff? It's not like I can help it. I hurt her and she means a lot to me.

"It matters to me. I don't want to have that misunderstanding between us." I said.

"Then why only tell me now?" She asked, curious.

"I was mad back then and afterwards, I guessed I was afraid to look for you after all that happened." I replied.

"Okay. I believe you." She said, starting to eat her spagetti.

"Really? You do?" I asked.

"Yeah. Yongguk oppa sort of hinted to me the truth." She said. Thank you hyung.

"I'm sorry I hurt you with my words. I didn't know why I sounded so harsh whenever I tried talking to you." I said. She smiled and shook her head.

"But you were right. I was indeed behaving whatever you were saying. Your words woke me up." She said. 

"Sorry for acting like a spoilt brat. I... I just wanted to spend time with you, I really had no intention of behaving that way. I should have known and should have been prepared to having to share you with the restaurant..." Why is she crying? 

"It's not like that..." I mumbled. But at least she is back to her old self, the Jieun I fell for.

"It's fine, it doesn't matter now." She said. Why do I feel like she does not care? Is there really no chance of patching and saving us?

"You know when I told you to not regret your decision? Well, heck it. I'm the one that's regretting..." I said. She wiped her tears and gave me a small smile but I do not know the meaning behind it.

There was an awkward silence between us again.

"I should have listened to you. You were right. She isn't that simple." I started again.

"I... kissed her.. No no! I mean she kissed me forcefully. I wasn't willing! It was quite scary." I said. I know I could have kept it from her but why? I don't want this to be pricking my conscious so I figured it would be better if I had just told her the truth. She is understanding right? I hope.

 

Jieun's POV

I was kinda surprised that Daehyun approached me. I came out to take a breather while the kids were eating and partly because Daehyun was inside. I didn't know how to face him no matter how much I wanted to apologize. 

He then handed me food. I wasn't hungry but he made me take them.

The silence and the talks were so awkward. It's like we just met today. I wasn't used to seeing this side of Daehyun. He was usually full of confidence or he would have that cold aura or even his teasing self would emerge. Never once have I seen him so awkwardly quiet before.

Whatever he said, it didn't mattered anymore because I was no longer angry with him.

When he said he regretted, I smiled. You don't know how much I was regretting it too, Daehyun.

I felt my world crashed when I heard that they kissed... Even though he was not willing. I didn't know what to say or react.

"Can we still be us again?" He asked. I don't know. I honestly don't know. I would have said yes but I don't know if I can accept another woman's lips on his. After this whole incident, will we become awkward with each other? I.... 

"Sorry." Daehyun said and got up from the bench when I did not say anything. I managed to grab his wrist.

"Friends." I said. I saw the sad look on Daehyun's face but I just cannot bring myself to.... Urgh...

"Okay. Friends. I'll just have to make you my girlfriend all over again." He said with a sudden bit of arrogance in his voice. Now this is the Daehyun I know.

 

Daehyun's POV

Even though I was very much hurt by that 'friend' word, I knew how she felt... I guessed I didn't mind courting and chasing her all over again and making her mine since I have never done that before. I didn't even need to court her before and she was already mine. I'm sure this was gonna be an easy task since she was once mine. Maybe this would be better? I had to work hard if I wanted to get her to be mine again then maybe I would treasure her more. She could also enjoy the process of The Jung Daehyun courting her. I have never courted any other girl before.

"Does your back still hurts?" She asked. I had totally forgotten about the pain.

"It's been awhile but aww, you care about me." I teased. She was really back. My soon-to-be Jieun. She blushed but did not say anything. I know I am gonna get her before I know it, because I can tell she still loves me. She was probably putting that friend status to protect herself.

"Your cheek?" She asked.

"It hurts... Then." I teased. I was actually surprised she still remembered where she slapped me. But I was at fault then and I deserved it.

"Sorry for calling you cheap... I just cannot see you do that to yourself... And next time, can you not slap me so hard?" I said.

"Okay. I'll just use my weaker hand." She said. She still has the intention of slapping me?

"Kidding. I won't slap you anymore... unless you deserve it." She had that evil smile. Oh well. If I deserved it....

"I'll make sure you will never have to slap me again." I promised. After this incident, I made a promise to not say stupid things again.

"Appa!!! Umma!!!" The kids yelled.

"Why didn't you eat with us?" A boy asked as he held onto Jieun's hand. 

"Because we had to spend time together." I told the boy while looking at Jieun.

"Umma let's play!" The boy said.

"Sure! What do you little kids wanna play? Nothing too vigorous, you all just had dinner. How about hide and seek? You all go hide while me and Appa find you all? No running okay. I'll count slower." She said.

She then started counting while the kids brisked walk to their hiding spots. It was really a cute sight seeing her play with the kids and them being so obedient, listening to her well.

"APPA! DON'T PEEK!" A girl shouted.

"I can't wait for you to play with our kids." I distracted her from counting.

"We're friends! Who's gonna have kids with you?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders. Just you wait, I'm gonna win you back my princess.

 

Happy? hahaha~ 

Yeah, just be like some of the readers here. enjoy the Daehyun and Jieun couple and not think of baekhyun's role!

Oh, as you guys can see, I'm just not good with spellings so I might make mistakes here and there. You can either let me know or just read and forget about it. You know, I know, then its good already. hahaha!

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing!!!