Worries

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

Throughout the months, many things happened. My girl's mood fluctuated as usual but she kept them to herself. I know it was super tiring for her and when she kept the unhappiness in, she became even more cranky and avoided me totally. It was to the extent that she would look for her own food rather than asking me to buy them for her. I know what she was trying to do. She was avoiding me so that she would not flare or vent it on me. Even though I told her I was really fine with her yelling at me, if she could get them out of her chest, she shook her head telling me she would be able to handle it on her own and didn't want to trouble me. It pained me to see her like that. I don't even know what made her mood low. She never told me. 

I knew she was keeping things from me. I could feel it but I didn't know it was that serious until I saw her crying in bed when I got home one day.

Flashback

I was looking forward to dinner because she said she would cook something yummy for me. Before I left house, her mood was pretty good. She was all smiles when she made breakfast for me and allowed me to consume them in bed. I had told her before that she did not need to do such things since I know it would be difficult on her but she said she's fine with it. "It's not a chore if I'm doing it for someone I love." She said.

When I got home, the dining table was filled with food but she was nowhere in sight. Usually, she would either be watching TV, reading parenting books and stuff or just waiting for me to come home.

"Darling?" I called as I walked up the stairs to our room.

"There you are! Why didn't you reply me?" I asked when I saw her sitting on our bed.

"Wait, what happened? Why are your eyes red? You cried?" I asked, rushing towards her. She shook her head and wiped her face.

"I think something got into my eyes." She said, thinking that I would believe her.

"You know I don't believe in such stuff. What really happened?" I asked as I sat beside her.

"Nothing... Let's go eat dinner." She said as she got up from bed.

"No. I don't think it's nothing. I want to know why you're crying alone." I said firmly, grabbing her palm.

"Something really got-" I cut her off.

"Don't give me that excuse. I'm not buying it. I want the real reason. Is it me? Did I do something that make you angry? If you don't tell me, I don't know what to do. " I said, feeling helpless. I did not have a clue on what was going on!

"It's not your fault." She mumbled. It did not sound convincing to me.

"It's definitely me right? Why aren't you telling me anything? I told you we're in this together right?" I said.

"It's really not you. It's me. But it's just a small matter. I'm okay now. Let's go down." She said.

"Small matter? If it was a small matter would I find you crying here by yourself? And what are those marks?!" I asked when I saw light bruises on her thighs.

"They're nothing, really." She said, attempting to cover those marks.

"How long do you intend to hide things from me? Are you really not gonna say anything?!" I raised my voice, feeling frustrated.

"It's-" She said but I did not let her continue. I knew she was going to tell me it's no big deal that kind of .

"Please, it's not that I want to shout at you. I just want to know what is bothering you. Can we go through this together? I don't want you to suffer alone." I said as I pulled her in my arms, hugging her. 

"I'm scared... Daehyunnie, I'm so scared...." She cried, tightening her arms around me. She finally spilled it out. I patted her back and let her cry freely.

"Silly girl, what is there to be afraid of? I'm with you." I assured her.

"It's because you're with me that's why I'm scared. I'm afraid I might say the wrong things. I'm afraid I'll hurt you again. Then the baby, what if I'm not a good mom to her? What if she doesn't like me? Or what if I neglect her? No kid would like that." She sobbed. So that was what she was thinking about? How silly of her to hide it from me. She kept all these from me and avoided me at times because she was afraid she would hurt me? My heart feels warm knowing that but it was still wrong. How can she keep it from me?

"I told you, I'm fine with you flaring and venting on me. I'll not take it to heart. I told you before didn't I? You will just need to hug, cuddle or kiss me after that and I'll be fine with it. And why are you even pondering over something that has not happen yet? How would you know what will happen in the future? Don't scare yourself. I'm sure you'll be the best mom to our baby. Don't worry about the baby. I'm sure she'll love you. Pabo, so silly of you." I wiped her tears from her cheeks and kissed her lips.

"And the bruises... How did those get there? I thought you stopped inflicting harm to yourself? Why hurt yourself again?" I asked. It pains me to see her covered in bruises.

"I... I needed some form of release of my crazy mood swings..." She mumbled.

"Crazy girl! Don't ever do that again!" I flicked her forehead. She deserved that flick.

"Next time, vent it on me instead. Don't ever vent it on yourself. I don't want to see you hurt! And I handle pain better than you."  I said.

"Really? You allow me to vent it on you?" She asked.

"Rather than you abuse yourself." I said. Then, I received a punch on my arm.

"What was that for?!" I asked.

"You said I could vent on you..." She said.

"Ah~ Yeah yeah, vent all you want." I replied. She then kissed the place where she punched. What do I do with her, she's so annoyingly cute.

"There all better." She smiled. Finally she smiled.

"Are you feeling better now?" I asked.

"Thank you." She hugged and kissed me. Anything for you~ We then headed down for dinner.

End of Flashback

Ever since that incident, she shared her thoughts with me and I tried to spend time with her doing happy stuff, going for small little dates and whatever that could make her happy. She smiled more and appeared happier. My heart flutters seeing her so happy. Sometimes she feels that I'm doing too much for her but to me, I wasn't. Knowing that I'm the reason behind her smiles is enough for me.

 

As she got closer to her due date, she got weaker. More than I was worried for our baby girl, I was worried for her. I was afraid she would blame herself and I was right. 

"What if the baby-" I covered . I did not want her to continue.

"No what ifs. I'll make sure the both of you are safe. Nothing is going to happen to the both of you." I said.

"Daehyun ah~ If anything happens to me, save the baby okay?" She said. My tears were threatening to flow.

"Shut up! What are you talking about?! Nothing is going to happen! You're just not feeling well, not dying! Say things like that again I'll feed you veggies you hate!" I cupped her cheeks.

"Okay okay, don't get angry..." She patted my chest.

"You're the one who said stupid things in the first place!" I frowned.

"Yes, yes, my fault my fault. I'm sorry." She said.

"Baby girl, prove to your Mommy that you'll be safe. Then bite her for saying rubbish." I caressed her eight month baby bump.

"Now what? Joining forces with her already?" She asked me.

"Yes! Jealous?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Daehyunnie~" She called me. I looked at her. 

"I love you." She pulled my palm and kissed my lips.

"Trust me, I won't let anything happen to the both of you. My both princesses are important to me. So don't say rubbish. okay? I love you too." I kissed her bump.

"Now you only kiss her." My girl said to me.

"And I thought you're not jealous?" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her.

 

 

Slightly slower updates for now because I'm sick. I'll try to update daily though. I should not be even up at this hour~ Oh well, here you go, an update!