Confessions

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Why did you lie to me?!" I said when I opened the door. She was probably shocked awake by me. I only said it because the lights were on and the only one that could be awake at this time was my girl. If I knew she was sleeping, I wouldn't have talked so loudly. I didn't mean to scare her.

"Lie to you?" She asked, looking disoriented..

"Why didn't you tell me the money was from Seungho hyung?!" I asked angrily, not really meaning it though. I replied too quickly to change my tone.

"You.. You found out?" She mumbled, I was looking at her. She seemed really afraid.

"How long are you intending to keep it from me huh?" I asked. 

"I... I didn't want you to react like this... I know if you knew the money was from Oppa, you wouldn't accept it." She said, sulking.

"So rather than telling me you decided to hide it from me, hoping that I'm dumb enough not to notice?" I asked. 

"It's not like that..." She bit her lip, holding my arm.

"Then what?!" I shouted.

"I needed to do something okay? How can I see you in need and not do anything to help?! You think I want to keep it from you?! I would have told you if you weren't so stubborn!" She shouted back.

"Now you're saying I'm stubborn?!" I replied.

"Are you not?! It's just a little help! Why are you even flaring up?! Would you rather I stand aside and do nothing instead?! I cannot okay?!" She shouted and she pushed me away, heading back to our room. Damn it, I screwed up again. I really didn't mean for things to turn out like that. I didn't mean to yell at her. I wasn't even supposed to get angry.

"Baby wait!" I said as I ran after her.

"I'm sorry... I.. I was supposed to talk calmly with you and not shout. Sorry." I said as I cupped her cheeks with both of my palms. She was still looking grumpy.

"Sometimes I really wonder whether our wedding vows mean anything to you." She said, sounding disappointed.

"What do you mean?" I asked hurriedly, feeling super afraid it would lead to her saying something I would not want to hear. I don't want her to say the D word. I've said it and regreted it so much.

"We vowed we would stick by each other so why are you always trying to keep me away from your problems? I know I'm not as strong as you but I'm willing to be there for you. I want to share your joy and your problems with you but you never come to me at all when you needed help. I feel so useless you know? That my own husband doesn't even come to me when he's down." She said, tears flowing down her face. Please don't cry... Only now I realised how strong she actually is. She has always been helping me, supporting me but I'm the one who kept pushing her away. If it wasn't for her, I do not know what will happen to me and my restaurant.

"No no no, Baby, you're the strongest to me. It's not your fault. I'm sorry. It's just that I always want to show you my good side. I didn't want you to worry. I didn't know I hurt you like that. I'm sorry. Blame me and my stupid pride. You're not useless at all. Really. Please don't cry again. I don't like seeing you in tears." I said as I wiped her tears. She pouted. I kissed her lips.

"Please, don't keep such things from me anymore. I want to know how wonderful my wife is, how much I need you in my life." I said, kissing her forehead.

"Here's the money, I managed to make enough to return to your oppa." I said as I handed her the cheque.

"How did you find out?" She asked.

"I overheard the boys saying. I was supposed to meet hyung to pass him the money." I said.

"Are you still hiding anything you did secretly without me knowing that it was for my own good?" I frowned at her. She shook her head but I wasn't convinced at all. I raised my eyebrows.

"Out with it." I said as I pulled her to the bed and sat with her.

"I hid your alcohol." She said, trying to sound as convincing as possible but I knew better. I gave her a look.

"Okay okay. It's not that I want to say it but you forced me to." She said. 

"Ah-huh. Spill." I replied.

"You must promise not to blame yourself okay? Even though it's a really long time ago." She said. Just what did she do for me?

"Remember when we just got together? When Minsook was around?" She said. Why do I not like where this is going? I nodded, urging her to continue.

"I cannot do this." She said, turning away.

"Baby please. What happened?" I held her chin and turned her head towards me. She touched her lips. I think even if the both of us didn't mention it, that incident would always be in our head. It was one of our worst fight ever.

"Don't tell me it's because of me..." I said as I touched her lips. She said nothing but looked away.

"Wh-Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked feeling so damn guilty.

"I never wanted to. I'm sorry. I don't want you to blame yourself. They threatened me by holding a baseball bat to your head. You've done so much for me. I had to. I'm sorry." She said.

"Silly girl! What is there to apologize for? It's me. I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry. I can't believe we fought so hard because of that incident." I said as I embraced her in my arms.

"I feel so stupid now... You say I've done so much for you when in actual fact, you were the one that did the most. You protected me, you sacrificed for me and yet all I know how to do was to yell and scream at you. I'm so sorry Princess." I said as I hugged her. Everything she did was for me... In the past, she endured hits for me, for my restaurant.

"Are you still hiding anything from me?" I asked. I just need to know how much she did for me. She shook her head.

"Are you sure?" I eyed her.

"I'm sure! Not that I can remember any. The other times you forced it out of me when we argued." She nodded fantically.

"Silly girl." I said.

I need to treasure and treat this girl of mine well. I have to control my temper for her. I have to give her a good life.

 

Jieun's POV

I thought I was able to keep that secret with me forever. I didn't expect myself to tell him. I blame myself for not being able to lie well. That was an incident I would never forget because my lips was stained with that someone's filthy lips. I subconsciously thought about that incident when Daehyun asked about it.

Maybe it's better after telling him. I feel so much better and lighter now, like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I had no secrets to hide from him or at least I don't think I have anymore things that I'm hiding. His hug is so comforting. I'm glad he'll not keep things from me too in future. I hope.

"Please don't keep all your difficulties to yourself. I want to share the burden with you. I want you to lean on my shoulder as well. I don't need a good image of you because I've already seen the best side of you. I want to see your down side as well. I don't want you to hide it from me." I said as I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Says the one who is leaning on my shoulder." He said playfully.

"I love you. You're my heroine." He said. I broke down, touched by his words.

 

I think the plagiarism issue has been resolved. The link doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Thank you all for the comforting comments! <3