New Home

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

We reached home soon enough and when I exited the car, I got a shock of my life. Are gangsters really loaded? Oppa's house was almost twice as big as Daehyun's just by looking from the outside. 

"Wa-wow~" I was awed by the exterior of the house. Why did he need to stay in such a big house when he's living alone? Oppa laughed when he saw my reaction.

"Are you gonna just stand there and leave your jaw hanging?" Oppa said as he helped me to carry my luggage out from the boot.

"Oppa, your house is huge!" I almost shouted when I entered the house.

"It's your house too, don't you remember?" Oppa asked. My house too? Where did all my memories go? Why couldn't I remember anything about our past? I shook my head.

"Good evening Sir, ah~ You must be Miss Yang. You've grown so beautifully." A woman whom I assumed that she was about her mid forties greeted us. 

"You are? You've met me before?" I asked.

"Jieun ah~ This is our family housekeeper. Just call her Auntie would do." Oppa said.

"Oh. Hello Auntie! Call me Jieun will do!" I said as I bowed slightly.

"Miss Jieun, if there is nothing, I will continue doing my stuff. I'll help you bring your luggage up to your room." 

"It's alright, I'll bring them up myself!" I said, not very used to the feeling of having people fussing over me.

"Jieun ah don't make things difficult for Auntie. Just let her do her job." Oppa said.

"Er... okay. Thank you." I said. Auntie bowed and carried my luggage up.

"Oppa can I explore? This house is huge!" I asked.

"Yea. Come on, I'll bring you around." Oppa said. I followed him.

Oppa showed me where the different rooms were. There were so many of them! He also told me that we stayed here when we were younger too but doubt I would remember. I really couldn't remember anything. Nothing was familiar at all.

I was surprised that Oppa kept Appa's and Umma's room just they way it was, which reminded me of Daehyun keeping his sister's room just the way it was. He brought me to more places around the house. There was an entertainment room which looked really cosy, with cushions, beanbags couches around with a big tv. There was also a mini library and a mini gym.

"This is where you used to sleep in." Oppa said as we approached my room. It was really pretty and classy. There was a family portrait hanging on the wall. 

"I've changed your bed for you. Try it, we can get a new one if you don't like it." I threw myself onto the queen-sized bed. It was so bouncy and comfy.

"I like it! Thank you!" I said as I spreaded limbs, trying to cover the whole bed.

"Silly girl!" He said as he sat on my bed.

"This is your wardrobe. You can start going shopping and filling it up with clothes. Here." He pulled me to the wardrobe. What wardrobe?! It was practically another room! He then handed me a credit card.

"I can't accept something so expensive." I said, rejecting the card.

"Just take it. It's your share. Buy whatever you want. If you need more just let me know." He pushed it to me.

"Thank you! I'll spend it wisely!" I hugged Oppa.

"Listen, I'm sorry that I didn't find you sooner, maybe I wasn't trying hard enough but trust me, the moment I knew your whereabouts, I flew here to find you. I'm so sorry that you did not have a happy past. I'll make it up to you. Forget about your stepbrother, I will give you all the love that I can give." Oppa said. I was touched. Finally, real bortherly love, from the heart.

"It's not your fault. I'm sure you didn't want it to happen too." I added. I sort of accepted fate. Oh well, nothing mattered anymore now.

We then headed over to the living room. We talked while having hot chocolate. 

"You really cannot remember anything about us?" Oppa asked, looking concerned.

"Nope. But I've had images when I was younger. They were blurry though. I couldn't make up the faces. I always thought they were beautiful dreams since I was living in a nightmare." I replied.

"Could it be because of the fever? Judging from how they treated you, I'm not surprised that they did not even treat you properly for your fever. Those monsters!" he said looking really pissed.

"I guess that probably explains why I had no memory of anything before eight." I said. Come to think of it, the fever could be the main cause of my memory loss.

"Did you fall or had your head knocked onto something before when you were with them?" he asked.

"I don't think so. They don't usually abuse me by hitting my head, only my body." I replied.

"How were we like in the past?" I asked, wanting to know more.

"You're a little devil in a princess disguise. Always out torturing me, tiring me out. Early in the morning asking me to bring you to places. You jumped on my bed, pulled me, yelled at me till I would wake up and play with you. Aye~ No wonder I have these eyebags." Oppa told me.

"Don't blame me for your panda looking features! You eat like one too!" I laughed.

"Yah!" He pointed a finger at me. I covered my mouth.

"You were literally the princess in the family. Everyone loved you very much. You get pampered so much, they bought whatever you want, new clothes, new toys, anything. You said you wanted to learn how to draw, Umma brought you to classes. Then you said you wanted to learn ballet, Umma stopped your drawing classes and signed you up for ballet." He said. Really pampered? I guessed I was really a lucky kid.

"When I saw you again, I was actually quite surprised that you even do chores around. I didn't know how that little girl I knew then could grow up into someone like you." I blushed.

"How did you end up in a gang?" I asked. He seemed taken aback by my question but answered nonetheless.

"I found out those people who killed Appa and Umma were gangsters. They planned for a robbery but somehow things escalated and it became murder. We were very, very well to do. I became a gangster to protect my identity and the wealth we have. I worked up the ladder to become more powerful so that no one can take what's mine." He said, voice coming so strongly.

"Now that you're staying with me, there's some 'rules' you need to follow." Oppa said. I tensed up. Rules? 

"Relax. I promise I won't treat you like that bloody . First rule, do not do the chores here. I have the housekeepers here for a reason. Don't make me waste my money. You're here as my sister so just be my sister. If you need anything, you can always come and look for me okay?" Oppa said. Wow... This is really princess treatment. His rule didn't sound so scary afterall. I guessed I overthink a little too much.

"Second, please let me know your whereabouts. It's not that I'm controlling you. I just don't want to lose you again. Just a text or call will do. Just to let me know you're safe." Oppa added. I guess he really does care about me. I nodded. Just informing, I can do that.

"Yah! Am I that boring? You're even yawning!" Oppa said as he playfully slapped my thigh while I was yawning.

"No no! I'm just sleepy!" I replied.

"Fine fine, go to bed, its late." He said. I smiled and headed up with him. 

Just as I was about to go into my room, oppa pulled my arm.

"I know you can't remember me but I hope you'll open up to me and that we'll be closer, just like the past. Goodnight Jieunnie." Oppa said.

"I'll try and be a good sister. Goodnight oppa!" I said.

"Don't need to be a good sister, just be my sister." He said.

"Okay, if you say so. Goodnight oppa!" I squeezed his cheeks and then ran into my room closing the door.

"Yah!" I heard him shout. I giggled.

I laid on my bed, thinking. I come from a well to do family, with an amazing brother pampering and showering me with love. And my silly boy... I really am blessed. 

I checked my phone and I saw five messages from Daehyun.

Are you home?

Yah~ why aren't you replying? You don't miss me?

Awww I miss you.....

Yah pabo!

Have you already forgotten about me?! Daehyunnie is sad~

I laughed at the messages. Why is he so cute?

Sorry! My phone wasn't with me. Aww I miss you too! Go to sleep. Good night Pabo Daedae! Muah! <3 

I texted him back and drifted off to sleep.

 

Why do you guys think something bad will happen? hahaha! If there's nothing bad that will happen, I can't really continue this story right? HAHAHA!!
Aww you still remembered about the drunk nights? I'll TRY to have one.
Who said they can't have fluffy mornings?
I'm confused. There are some who wants Seungho to turn abusive while some don't want. LOL. oh well. I already have Seungho's character up in my mind!

Oh! And I started another story, it's just gonna be a short one shot, featuring LJOE! CLICK!