Changed Baekie

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

The next day, BAP and Mblaq visited us knowing that Baekie had woken up from his coma. I'm so glad the the boys are okay. After that incident, they all decided that it was time to quit being gangsters. They all did their own things and Seungho Oppa invested a large sum into Daehyun's restaurant as he saw potential in Daehyun.

I heard from Daehyun that Minsook was sentenced to life prisonment for all the things he'd done. He was beyond hope. I thought he was only dealing with gang stuff but ends up, he landed his hands on almost any dirty deed you can think of, drugs, money laundering, opening up of dens and so much more. Baekie's biological mom ended committing suicide in jail. I didn't know how she did it though but it doesn't matter. I'm not interested in their business. As long as my family is safe and healthy, I don't really care what happens outside.

The boys introduced themselves to Baekie again and they all brought little gifts for him, of couse, they didn't leave Youngie's out. It was really nice of them. Baekie was still starting to open up to people. He was still rather shy and all but who wouldn't be? There were so many people! They played with my two kids till Baekie was feeling tired, which wasn't a long time since his body was still rather weak. They wanted to try playing soccer again with Baekhyun to see if he would recall anything but I didn't allow. I don't want him to tire himself out. 

I was actually quite surprised that Baekie acknowledged us so readily. Perhaps he was still a kid and he didn't have a complicated mind. Or perhaps he could feel the bond we have with each other. I hope it's the latter. 

Baekie really doesn't remember anything from his past. It was like all his memories were erased from him. We tried testing him out but he really couldn't recall anything. I'm glad that he doesn't remember those incidents though. He wouldn't have those nightmares then.

 

Weeks passed and Baekie got better and eventually recovered. There was a little scar on his head but that's it, he's fine now. He even started going back to school. Youngie and Baekie are so cute and lovely kids. I love them so much. I guess Youngie sort of knew what happened and she didn't really disturbed Baekie or whatsoever. She shared her stuff with him and their bond grew closer than ever. 

Youngie is such an angel~ I actually really really love how sticky she is towards me. Sometimes she would stand at a corner and watch me cook though I'm not really sure if she's looking and waiting for the food or she's genuinely accompanying me. Even at home, she would hold my hands or randomly run towards me, surprising me with little hugs and kisses, a few times even scaring me from the back. This cheeky girl~ But when Daehyun comes home, she would always run towards Daehyun and would torture him endlessly unless it was her bedtime. Of course, her Daddy doesn't mind.

Baekie, on the other hand, shocked me with his behaviour. He was no longer the quiet Baekie we know. In fact, he's even more talkative and hyperactive than Youngie. He is so playful! But somehow, I preferred him to be more active. It's like the 'old' Baekie has disappeared. I actually like hearing the both of them communicate with one another. The things they say are so cute and innocent.

However, there were the not-so-good sides of Baekhyun's hyperactiveness. In a span of a few weeks, he managed to scare Youngie and eventually making her cry three times and he broke the glass table because he was playing ball in the living room. He also ran around the house without clothes on having me to chase him around to get him to wear his clothes. I often had to resort to a slightly fiercer tone when he behaves like that to get him to listen to me. This boy~  

There was once he created the biggest mess and eventually got Youngie involved as well. 

Flashback

I heard screamings and giggling coming from upstairs when I was tidying up a little. I thought it wasn't a big deal since I had expected Daehyun to be playing with them. I decided to let them be and I carried on with whatever I was doing when suddenly, it went quiet. I thought something had happened and I ran up to check on them. I actually got mad when I saw that mess the both of them created.

"Yah!" I shouted when I saw my walls covered with crayons and markers. They doodled on my walls?! I thought Daehyun was with them?!

"Put down the markers and hands behind your head!" I scolded. I saw the mess and blew my top off. It was about three metres worth of doodling! It was actually quite funny to see their shocked and scared faces when I scolded them. They really dropped the markers and placed their hands behind their head.

"What happened?!" Daehyun asked as he came out from the bathroom only wrapped in a towel. 

"Look at what your kids did! It's a mess!" I pointed to the walls.

"It's a beautiful mess." Daehyun said. I frowned at him, it wasn't the time to be joking.

"Okay okay..." He said as he walked towards them.

"Why did you both do that?" Daehyun asked as he got to their level.

"Ya! Why did you have to draw on the walls?! Don't you two have paper to draw on?! Do you know how hard is it to remove the drawings?" I scolded.

"Oppa~" Youngie pointed and then quickly placed her hands at the back of her head fearing that I would scold her.

"Was this your idea?" I asked Baekhyun. He said nothing but look down. I knew he was guilty.

"The both of you are gonna clean this mess up. No sleeping until it's clean is that clear?" I asked.

"Come on, don't be so harsh on them. They're just kids!" Daehyun sided them. I looked at him.

"Fine, then you clean it up!" I said as I walked away preventing myself from laughing. These two, so naughty but so cute~ How could they be both at the same time?

I went to fetch some water for them to clean up the mess. When I went back up, the both of them still had their hands behind their heads pouting annoyingly cute. I'm starting to wonder if it's Daehyun's technique.

"Get to work." I said as I handed them a piece of rag each. I sat on my bed and watched them.

"Go wear some clothes!" I said to Daehyun when I realised he was still wrapped in a towel.

"Get them for me?" He suggested. I rolled my eyes but got his pants for him.

"Thanks Princess." Daehyun said, sneaking a kiss on my nose.

"I'm still angry. Don't expect me to let you off." I replied. This time I won't be swayed!

"Yah! What are the both of you doing?! I said to clean up! Not start splashing water at each other!!" I shouted. Instead of wiping the walls, they were playing with the water in the bucket.

"Babies, don't you think Mommy is dirty? Should we wash her up as well?" Daehyun smirked.

"No! Jung Daehyun! Don't you dare!" I shouted and backed away as he approached me with the other two rascals.

The both of them ended lying on my stomach and Daehyun beside me on the bed.

"What is this?!" I said, I could already feel myself going soft.

"Sorry Mommy..... I promise I won't do it again...." Baekie and Youngie said with pouty faces. I couldn't win them.

"Is it fun?!" I asked. The both of them nodded. I gave them a look and Daehyun signalled them to shake their heads instead so they ended nodding then shaking.

"The three of you are still going to clean that mess up." I said. The both of them made a face at me.

"Yah. What's with that expression?! Don't be rude!" I said, trying to sound as fierce as possible. This two~

"Go go go!" I patted their bums.

"Youngie don't want!" She said.

"I dare you to repeat that." I said, not liking how she just talked back like that.

"Mommy's comfy..." She said as she hugged me. Gosh! The both of them know my weakness too well.

"Nice try, now go." I said as I gave her a kiss on her head. Then I notice my baby boy pouting. I gave him a kiss too.

"I want too." Daehyun's face was just inches away from mine. I gave him two super small pecks on his cheeks.

"That's not what I want." He said.

"Then wh-" He cut me off by smacking his lips on mine, giving me a full blown kiss.

The three of them finally got up and wiped the mess with ocassional splashing of water at each other. I ended helping them out because I was afraid they would really not get any sleep. After that, I still needed to shower them and prepare them for bed.

End of flashback

Even though it was quite tiring at times, I prefer this baby over the 'old' Baekie any other day. At least I know he's happy.

There were times that Baekie was also a sweetheart. He would help me clean up after playing and being a 'man' like what Daehyun told him, he helped me by carrying stuff when I had too many in my hands. It was kinda cute seeing him manage those bags a little too big for his size. Whenever I asked him if he was okay, he would always reply "Baekie's a man!" with a smile. Awww~ Sometimes he was just like a hyperactive puppy, running around the house and even running in circles around me, making me dizzy.

 

Once you've exprienced the worst, even hearing their voices and laughter can brighten my day. Is this how parents feel seeing their kids so adorable? No words can express how I feel right now. My family being safe, sound and happy is the greatest blessing ever.