Darkness

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Daedae I'm gonna collect the flowers for the wedding. I'll head to the restaurant after that. You want to eat anything special or something? I get it for you before I head over?" I said as I called him.

"Aigoo my princess is so sweet. Hmmm... White chocolates? Sudden craving." He said.

"Okay! See you later!" I said, looking forward to meeting him for dinner.

"See you. Sorry you have to collect them yourself..." Daehyun said.

"It's okay, I'm free anyway. I can go shopping too!" I said.

"Okay. Buy whatever you want. I'll pay for it." He said.

"Whoo!! Thank you! Muah!" I gave him a kiss through the phone. We then ended the call.

I went shopping first before collecting the flowers. That time, I would shop, buy stuff and spend money unecessarily when Daehyun did not spend time with me. I guessed I did it only because when he scolded me, at least he was showing some form of affection. I only wanted his attention then. Now, that he shows that he cares about me, I did not need to do such things. I still shopped but I bought stuff that were reasonable, like food. Food is always a reasonable thing to buy, especially for this love of mine.

After shopping and buying that boy's food, I went to collect the flowers. When I reached the shop, I did not think that the flowers would be this bulky and heavy. I hailed for a cab. How lucky am I, within seconds, I managed to board one. I told the address of Daehyun's restaurant and the cab driver drove.

After some time, I realised the driver was not driving the route to Daedae's  restaurant.

"Um, excuse me, I don't think this is the right way to the place. Did we miss a turn?" I asked politely. The driver did not say anything but speed up. I saw his smirk. It was freaking me out.

"Where are you taking me?! Stop the car!!!" I shouted, slamming the seat.

"Shut up. Jump off if you want." He smirked again.

No Jieun, don't be reckless!

"Let me go!!" I shouted.

"I'm not holding you back." He said as he made a sharp turn, causing my head to knock against the door hard which made me a little dizzy.

He then stopped the car abruptly, causing me to jerk forward. 

I quickly opened the door and ran but he caught me.

"You're not going anywhere." He said as he grabbed me by my hair.

"HELP!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!" I shouted and the next moment, I felt a hard knock at the back of my neck and I saw pitch black.

 

When I tried opening my eyes, I realised I was blindfolded. I hated it!

"I got her for you. Don't be rash. Just teach her a lesson." I heard someone say. He sounded like the cab driver. Then I heard a door close. Did he leave?

"LET ME GO!! TAKE OFF MMPHH!!!" My mouth was taped. 

I was feeling so scared. I hate his feeling. It's so dark. I cannot see anything. Where am I? I was bounded to a chair.

"Struggle somemore and you will only hurt yourself." I heard someone say. Her voice sounded so familiar. Yoori. I could tell she was smirking even though I could not see her. I struggled somemore and tried saying words but it was no use. Everything came out muffled. I fear of the dark. I hated not knowing my surroundings and what was gonna happen to me. Before I knew it, my tears fell subconsciously because of fear.

I kept shaking my head, hoping to get the blindfold to slip down or something so that I could have a little light but it was to no avail. It was total darkness. I felt like I might go crazy there and then. Please please please, someone, take off the stupid blindfold!

"YOU!! I warned you didn't I?!" She said as she yanked my hair back. I could feel something cold and sharp on my cheek, like a knife or something close to it. I did not dare to move. I attempted to say something againt it came out as mhmm mhmm mhmmmm! Daehyun where are you?! I cannot do this!!

"EVERYTHING WAS ABOUT YOU!! WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT YOU? WHAT DOES DAEHYUN SEE IN YOU?! WHY DOESN'T HE SEE ME?! I'm prettier, ier and younger than you!! WHY?! WHY MUST YOU ENTER HIS LIFE?! WHY DID YOU STEAL DAEHYUN AWAY FROM ME?!" She shouted hysterically. I told myself to keep still because I had no clue what was she going to do to me.

"This face of yours!! Maybe I should do something to it? Do you think Daehyun will still see you if you have a scar running across your face? I don't think so. Then maybe he'll be able to love me. I wouldn't mind being your substitute." She said as she traced the sharp object against my face. I sank deeper into the chair if it was even possible.

"Aww.... Don't cry... He won't be able to hear you!" She said as I felt a stinging pain on both of my cheeks. She had swung her palm across my cheeks.

"Okay, I'm nice. I'll give you a chance. Only Daehyun can decide whether you get a scar across your face or not. If he doesn't appear in three hours then.... Too bad. Your fate is entirely in his hands." She laughed evilly. I'm starting to wonder if she had mental issues.

How is Daehyun going to find me? He have no clue at all! Nothing! Am I really gonna have that scar? Daehyun.....

"One hour is up.... No sign of your precious prince. Maybe even fate wants us to be together." She laughed loudly.

"Don't say I treat you badly. I'll let you experience a teaser of what it feels like. What my heart feels like every time I see him with a like you!" I shook my head vigourously, crying helplessly.

"Mmmphhhh!!!!!!" I yelled when I felt the sharp object cut my right thigh. Why?! Why must I always be he one suffering?! Am I supposed to just submit to fate? There's no way Daehyun is going to find me. Is it really wrong for me to be with him? All I want is just a simple wedding and to live with someone I love. Is that so difficult? Why make my life so difficult? 

Time passed, how long? I do not know but I was getting more and more afraid being in darkness for so long. Every little sound I hear made me jump. My fists clenched so tightly that my nails were digging my palms. It hurts. The cut hurts, my palms hurt, my heart hurts, everything hurts. I don't think I can last much longer. I'm scared, really scared. I'm sorry Daehyun. I'm just not strong enough. This darkness is killing me... I'm sorry...

 

Daehyun's POV

I waited for my princess to arrive but somehow, she never came. I called her phone but there was no answer. I spammed call and it was the same outcome, no response from her. She isn't that irresposible. Did something happen to her? I then remembered about the threats. Why didn't I pay more attention to it?! Please, let her be safe!

I had no idea what to do other than to call Seungho hyung.

"Hyung! Did Jieun went to see you or something?" I asked, panicking.

"No. Why? What happened? Is everything alright?" He asked, sounding really worried.

"I think something bad must have happened to her. She did not answer her phone. I'm really scared hyung. She received threats and stuff but I didn't know things would turn out this way. I'm sorry. I... I don't even know where is she. No news, nothing about her." I blabbered.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me about the threats?! Doesn't matter. Give me five minutes. I'll track her." Hyung said. Track her? He installed a tracking device on her? Does he not trust me? Maybe. After everything that happened....

"It's not what you're thinking. I installed in on her phone just in case. I have never used it before. I just cannot afford to lose her again. You know our background is complicated." He said. I nodded even though he could not see.

"Done. Found her. I'll text you the address, I'll meet you there." Hyung said. I agreed.

I went to start up my car. The moment I received the text, I sped there.

When I arrived, it was an old, abandoned flat. I was right, she's indeed in danger. Hang on princess. I'm so sorry.

"Where is she?!" I was frustrated.

"Sorry, we just have to go level by level to locate her. I do not have her exact location." Hyung said.

I ran in and started knocking and calling out for her door by door, level by level. We decided to search on the same level just in case we would need back up if we found her. No, not if, it's when we find her.

After reaching the seventh floor, I was starting to lose hope. No! Daehyun you can't!! Focus! Princess where are you? I cannot lose her. I cried.

"Princess!" 

"Please answer me!"

"Are you here?" I shouted as I banged on the doors and ran around. I then heard a crash, followed by a slap. How hard was it for me to be able to hear it?

"Stupid! What the hell?!" I heard someone shouted. I wasted no time and ran towards the direction of the sound.

"Princess?! Jieun?! Are you in there?!" I asked as I knocked the door. I then kept quiet and heard clanging sounds. I called Hyung to come over and I turned the doorknob. Surprisingly, it was not locked but what surprised and shocked me more was what I saw.

"Princess!" I shouted as I ran towards her. She was on the floor, tied up on a chair. Were those sounds made by the chair crashing against the floor? Her hands were tied to the back of the chair. Won't her hands be bruised?

"Princess, I'm here." I said as I yanked the blindfold off her. Her eyes were teary and she was perspiring.

"DAEHYUN!" Yoori yelled from the back but before anything could happen, Hyung had already attacked her, pinning her down.

"Baby I'm so sorry..." I said as my tears flowed uncontrollably. The state that she was in broke my heart into a million pieces. I tore the tape off her lips and undid the ropes around her.

"DAEHYUNNIE~ It was so dark!!!" She cried as she wrapped her arms around me.

"It's over. I'm so sorry you had to go through this again..." I smoothed her hair, hugging her.

"Are you hurt?" I asked, even though it was a stupid question.

"Oh my, your arms!" I shouted when I saw bruises. She probably got it from the abrasions of the ropes and the turning over of the chairs.

"Did she do this to you?!" I shouted when I saw a huge cut on her thigh.

"I'm so sorry!! It's my fault! I shouldn't have left you alone! I'm sorry..." Why is she always in pain because of me?

She said nothing but cupped my cheeks and kissed me lightly.

The police then came and took Yoori that sick woman away. I guessed it was hyung who called. But I could not be bothered about her. Nothing else is more important than my girl.

"I'm sorry. I promised I won't let anything happen to you but look what happened?" I said. I have never felt so damn guilty before...

"You had another cut..." I said, lifting her up in my arms.

"With this cut.... Would you still love me?" She asked. 

"You want me to knock your head is it?! How can you say such things?! I'll love you even if you..... urgh!! I just love you okay?" I raised my voice. How could she think that way? 

"Then is the wedding still on?" She asked.

"OF COURSE! You cannot run away from me!" I said.

"Then that's all that matters. Thank you." She said as she snuggled against my chest.

This guilt... It would probably eat me up for the rest of my life...

 

AGRHHH!!! I'M SO SORRY IT TURNED OUT THIS CRAPPY AND PROBABLY UNREALISTIC. I didn't mean for this to happen!! I probably shouldn't have added this part.... aww.... Sorry...

This is probably the last.... of Yoori. hahaha.

And for those who guessed it right, here's y Zelo as a prize!