Praises And Punishments

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Yah baby!! Stop running! You'll catch a cold!" I shouted at my little rascal. She always gives me problems when I'm changing her. Only Jieun can control her. She was only wearing her diapers and she started running out of her room, to her playground room. Work was a headache. I hope spending time with them makes me feel better.

"Daddy! Catch me!" She screamed and started running in circles around the playground. I already had a long day at work and I did not want her to get all sweaty after her bath. What's more she was running around only in her diapers. What is wrong with my baby? Crazy girl.

"Daddy will play with you after you be a good girl and let me change you." I said to her, standing at the door while she stood at the end of the room.

"I don't want!" She folded her arms, pouting. Does Jieun go through this as well? Why is my baby so playful?

"Ice cream! I'll give you ice cream. Just let me help you put on your clothes first." I tried persuading her.

"Mommy said there's no more! Daddy is naughty! Bluff Youngie!" She said as she went under the playground. The moment I tried approaching her, she ran away again.

"I can always buy it for you later." I said.

"What's going on?" My girl came in and asked.

"Daddy lied!" She peeked her head out from behind one of the legs of the playground and complained before I could say anything. Jieun gave me a look when she heard what she said and saw our baby girl not wearing clothes.

"I only did that to get her to wear her clothes!" I defended myself.

"Daddy doesn't wear too!" She stuck out her tongue. Cheeky girl.

"Like father like daughter. You also don't wear tops! See? She's learning your bad habits!" Jieun sided her. Gosh, these two girls will be the death of me.

"You shall go handle her. It's not gonna be my problem. Baby girl, don't bully your Daddy too much okay?" Jieun smiled at me and gave me a kiss. "Yes Mommy!" Eunyoung cheerfully replied giving me that I'm-gonna-torture-Daddy face.

"Yah princess!" I turned but she wasn't around, leaving me with my little monster. Oh man.

"Youngie, let Daddy off please? I'm tired... I don't want you to catch a cold too." I squatted down near her but she backed away, smiling.

"Catch!" She said and started running. I had no choice but to play with her. I caught her easily but it was because she almost trip. Luckily, I caught her in time, if not, she would kiss the mat.

"Caught. Now can you wear your clothes?" I asked tiredly.

"No!!! Not fair!!" She threw a tantrum, struggling out of my grip. I do not know if her struggling and throwing a tantrum was one of those ways of bonding with me but I was really tired.

"Stop baby. Change first." I said firmly as I placed her down and held onto her shoulders firmly.

"No." She made a face.

"I don't care. I say you're changing means you're changing. I shouldn't even have agreed to playing with you in the first place." I said as I lifted her off and back to her room. 

"Mommy!!!!!" She yelled as she sunk her teeth in, biting my shoulders.

"Stop it!" I scolded, growing annoyed.

"Mommy!!! Daddy don't love me!!!" She started crying. WHAT?! I DON'T LOVE HER?!

"What happened?!" Jieun came, asking worriedly after hearing her cries. 

"I thought you guys were playing?" She asked, confused that Eunyoung was crying.

"Mommy...." She said arms stretched out asking Jieun to carry her. She took her from my arms. I walked away feeling tired and hurt. I could still hear their conversation.

"I thought you were playing with Daddy, why did you ended up crying instead?" I heard Jieun asked.

"Daddy don't want to play with me anymore!" My baby said. Why do I feel so hurt?

"Baby, you cannot twist Daddy's words. I'm very sure Daddy would never say such things. Daddy loves his princess very much. Were you a good girl? Did you listen to Daddy?" She asked.

"Yes!" She said.

"Really?" Jieun asked. Eunyoung said nothing.

"Baby you have to play fair. What did Daddy say? He wants to change you right?" Jieun asked. I didn't hear Eunyoung say anything.

"Can you wear your clothes before playing with Daddy?" Jieun asked.

"Let's go change you before you play with Daddy okay." She said. Am I the cranky one?

"Sorry Daddy..." She mumbled when she came to my room hugging me with Jieun following behind. I looked at Jieun and she smiled. She must have said something to her. I guessed she just missed me like I missed her and just wanted to play with me.

"Ah~ See my princess, so pretty now." I said, having her sit on my lap. She was probably just being cheeky with me earlier on. She finally wore her pajamas. Jieun sat beside me and straightened our Youngie's hair.

"Daddy... I love you..." She said snuggling up my chest. How cute, she was shy. Baby ah~ This love and confessing to a guy is different. Why are you so cute?

"Daddy loves you too so don't ever say that Daddy don't. Daddy will get sad." I said, pinching her cheeks.

"Daddy cannot be sad! Youngie and Mommy will be sad too!" Youngie replied. I love listening to her replies, so cute and innocent.

"Baby, now Mommy's sad. I don't get a 'I love you'? Jieun asked her.

"Mommy I love you!!" My little girl said immediately, probably not wanting Jieun to be sad. Our princess slept with us that night.

 

Seeing how much time I did not spend it with both of my loves, I decided to take a break from work today.

After lunch, we spent time teaching her simple things like the alphabet, numbers and shapes. 

"Clever girl!" We praised when she got her stuff right. Why is my baby so adorable and squishy? I'm glad that I'm part of her childhood.

"Mommy can I go playground?" She asked. 

"If my baby can get five questions right, we'll go to the playground. She tried her best to answer our simple questions because she was motivated by the trip to the playground.

"Yes~ My baby did a good job today! Go change!" I patted her bum. She supported herself up the stairs while my girl walked behind her, ensuring that she doesn't fall. 

 

Author's POV

"Copy this. I'll check later." That devil threw a magazine at Baekhyun who was sitting on the floor with paper and pencil, not even allowed to use the table. This was how he learnt how to write, by copying magazines and books. He never knew the meanings of the words though. He didn't dare ask too. Those words were too many for a 4 year old. Nonetheless, he copied the page diligently. He wrote very slowly so that he would have neat handwriting knowing how fussy that devil was.

After one hour of intense copying, she demanded him for his work. He walked to her very carefully, eyeing the torturous stick in her palm, tapping the couch.

"Are you trying to pressurize me?! Kneel!" She shouted as she slapped him across his face and landed the cane at the back of his calves. He went down to his knees immediately.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you blind or are you trying to be funny with me?! You missed out the entire line!" She shouted, caning the sides of his stomach which made him flinch in fear and pain.

"Sorry Umma!!" He said, almost screaming because of the pain.

"And now you raise your voice at me?!" She took the magazine and threw it at his face, not caring about the paper cut that it made on his cheek. Poor child.

That woman then stood up and headed to the kitchen. She came back with a glass of hot water and placed it on the floor. 

"Hands over the glass!" She pulled his hands and covered the opening of the glass with his tiny palms. He was now in a crawling position, back arched in a very uncomfortable position.

"Don't move!" She caned his . Little Baekhyun was already in tears. She made him cover the glass was to trap the heat which would heat up his palms and had that stinging effect. ( I tried it before when I was bored and cold in office and it hurts. hahaha~ Please don't try it, I'm not going to be resposible. hahaha.)

"Umma.... It's hot...." He mumbled, afraid of his mom. She ignored him. He did not know what to do to ease the pain. He made sure his mom did not pay attention to him before lifting up his palms a little, keeping an eye on his mom. The moment she turned and looked at him, he placed his palms back on the glass. He mentally sighed in relief. How lucky. He ended doing that. Smart boy! That sense of accomplishment when he succeeded.

His luck did not last long though, this time, when he covered the glass, he accidentally knocked over the glass and the contents spilled. That monster was beyond furious.

"THAT'S IT!" She got up, grabbed his upperarm and dragged him to a place in the house he did not go before; the storeroom. She locked him in there without food, water and lights. 

"Umma!!!! Please!!!! I'm sorry!!! It's scary here!! I want to go out!!!" Baekhyun banged the door with his tiny fists. His mom heard nothing and did nothing.

He pleaded and cried and pounded on the door till he was tired and his fists were aching and turning red, probably even blood was visible. He soon grew tired and fell asleep. He didn't know why he had to be treated like that. Was that one line really that important that it was unforgivable? 

The truth was, everything was perfect. His handwriting was very neat considering that he was only four. That just wanted to come up with something to punish and torture this boy.

"Umma! I'm sorry!!" He ran and hugged his mom after she opened the doors the next day. Yes, she kept him in the entire night.

"Don't touch me you filthy piece of trash!" She removed his grip around her legs.

"We're going out today. Listen to me and listen good. One tiny mistake and you can say hello to your new rubbish home. Is that clear?!" She pulled his ears. He nodded.

"Yes Umma." He mumbled.

"No noise from you. Just walk beside me." She said as she tied a rope around his wrist and held on to the other end. It wasn't a long rope. It was just to prevent him from running away and she did not want his palms to be touching hers. If the rope was too long, people will look. She didn't want that as well.

"This rope is to make sure you won't misbehave and to make sure I don't lose you." She said.

She didn't want to lose me! She loves me. Baekhyun thought. Now naive.

But love hurts. The rope is tight. His thoughts wandered off.

"Stop daydreaming!" She slapped him on his head.

Poor Baekhyun, he had no idea what he was in for...

 

Oops, perhaps I wasn't clear in the previous chapter, not happening at the same time meaning literally, they are still in the same period its just that it would be weird if they both dropped glasses at the same time. Probably a few days apart?

Sorry for the delayed update! I was tired and stressed the past few days but now it's settled and I have my BAP CONCERT TICKET! Can't wait to see them!! 

Finally, 808 subbies! Thank you all so much! And the upvotes and comments as well! Keep them coming! It makes me happy. :)

And just in case anyone finds me violent, it was my readers who want abuse scenes. hahaha~ You guys are the violent ones. Don't really have much feel for abuse scenes for now so pardon the lack of creativity. hahaha~ and sorry it had to be on Baekhyun! ><