Kick

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Ahhh!!!" I woke up from the sudden cramp in my leg. It hurts...

"Daehyun..nie~" I groaned as I patted the side of my bed where he usually sleeps on. That's weird. I felt no one. I turned and look, there wasn't anyone beside me. Where did he go?

"Agrhh!!!" I felt the pain in my calf. Usually, Daehyun would be the one attending to me so where is he?

I tried to sit up on my own and did whatever Daehyun usually does for me. After awhile, the pain subsided. I then got off my bed. The sun was already rising.

"Daehyunnie? Darling?" I called as I exited my room.

I stepped on something hard. Luckily, I did not slip and fall. I cannot imagine what will happen if I really fell. I picked up the thing. It was our air con remote. How did it get there? I then recalled whatever happened a few hours ago.

"I want pork noodles and spicy rice cakes! Thank you!"

"What took you so long?! I told you I'm hungry!!"

"Don't touch me!"

"How am I supposed to eat it? You taste and tell me!"

"Here I am carrying your girl and I asked you to do a simple task and you screwed up."

"What's the point of having a husband then?"

"You're the one that pissed me off! What's the point of doing something for me but in the end you're just going to screw up?"

"How am I supposed to appreciate whatever you've done when you they're not even what I want?!"

"I hate you!"

"Get out!!

I buried my face into my palms. I did it again. I did not control my temper and hurt him with my words and actions. How in the world did I even say such things? You're an idiot, Jieun. A big dumb moron. 

I remembered throwing something at him but at that time, I just took whatever that was within my reach on my side table. I didn't know it turned out to be my air con remote. Did that thing landed on him?

Where could he have gone at such a weird timing? Jieun, even you know it's weird so why do you have to bully him and make him hunt for your food cravings  at such a timing?! 

Did he leave because of what I said? I'm sure he did. I was downright mean towards him. He had every reason to leave. After all, he was just fulfilling what I told him to, to get out. I wished I actually thought before speaking. I'm worried about him now. Daehyun-ah, where are you?

Even though I was pretty ashamed to call him, I had to. I called him on his phone but he did not answer. I didn't know if he was avoiding my calls on purpose or did not hear his phone. Or worst still, was in some sort of trouble? 

"Baby girl, I'm a bad Mommy right? Because of my moodswings, I chased Daddy away..." I caressed my baby bump, tears slipping down my face. I was so mad with myself.

Even though he was only out for a few hours, I'm still worried. I called him many times but no one was answering the phone. 

"What's the point of having a phone if you're not picking up calls?!" I grumbled.

As usual, whenever such things happens, I would always call up Yongguk oppa, hoping to know Daehyun's whereabouts. I feel so useless, forever bothering his hyungs.

"Oppa..." I spoke when he answered.

"Jieun? What's wrong? Why are you calling so early?" He muttered.

"Oppa, did Daehyun look for you?" I asked.

"Daehyun? No... Did something happen?" He asked, sounding slightly more awake.

"I kinda had an argument with him and he left home... It's okay Oppa, I'll find him. Oh! He's home. I'll call you back later!" I said.

"Okay... Just kiss.... and make love... no no, I mean make up. Gosh, I'm so sleepy...Good night." He slurred and hung up my call. Silly Oppa~

"You're back! Where did you go? I was looking for you!" I said, not in a shouting tone but rather, a worried tone as I cupped his face the moment he entered. He said nothing but stare at me. I do not know if it was the emotionless stare or the angry stare or worst, the 'I'm not caring' stare.

"Really? You were? What do you need now? More food to satisfy your insane cravings? Massage? Or you just want to find me to vent more of your anger? Or maybe to Insult me somemore?" He asked mockingly, voice full of sarcasm, still having the same expression. I shook my head.

"None of those. I was just worried. I woke up and did not see you by my side." I hugged him.

"I thought you told me not to touch you?" He said as he pried my hands away. I resisted but he just ended using more force.

"What happened to your forehead?! Does any other parts of your body hurt?" I asked when I saw a plaster on his forehead. 

"You still dare ask?!" He glared at me.

"Was it me? I'm so sorry." I apologized. He rolled his eyes and walked towards the couch, leaving me standing there.

"I'll help you put a new plaster. This was not done properly." I said as I hurried to get the first aid kit.

"It doesn't matter anyway." He said but I went ahead to get the plaster from the first aid kit.

"I thought you didn't want me to touch you but it's okay to touch me? I thought you said I pissed you off? I thought you said you hated me? I thought you said what's the point of having a husband? So why are you showing concern now?" He asked when I attempted to peel off the plaster.

"I... But you still came back." I retracted my hands.

"Fine. I'll leave." He said.

"No no!! I don't mean that. I'm sorry!" I hugged him to prevent him from leaving.

"Princess-ah... can you make up your mind?! I'm so confused. One moment you want me to leave and the next you want me to stay. One moment you're all sweet to me but the next moment you insult me like I don't mean a thing to you. I don't know what you want. I'm tired. I'm freaking tired. I don't know when you're in a good mood and when you're going to explode. I know you're pregnant and all and have whatever moodswings and random cravings. I know. I tried my best to understand you, give in to you, give you whatever you wanted but you just kept flaring at me no matter how hard I try to please you. As much as you are human, I'm human too. I have feelings as well. I take care of yours but who's gonna take care of mine? Or am I just not important?" He said as he allowed his tears to flow. I'm such a disappointment...

"I'm sorry... Of course you're important! You're the most important to me.You know I didn't mean whatever I say when I'm moody. I don't think before I speak when I'm cranky. I thought you knew...." I mumbled the last part.

"Stop apologizing. I had enough of it. What do I know? Do you know how hard it is for me to think what you're thinking because you change so fast? How would I know which words comes from your heart and which doesn't? If I'm important to you, you would not treat me like that." He said. 

I do not know what else to say other than apologizing...

"I know you suffered a lot and had to deal with all my nonsense... Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough to control my mood. I want to promise you but I don't want to end up breaking my promise to you. I'll try my best, my very best to control my temper okay? I'll put in a whole lot of effort. I know actions speak louder than words and I will try my best. Please, don't be mad at me anymore." I held his hand.

"I'm not mad at you. Who am I to be mad at you? I'm just mad with myself okay?" He said sarcastically. Now I know how much of a I am towards him. 

"Owww..." I clutched my stomach. I must be such an that even my own baby is punishing me.

"What happened?" He asked, suddenly feeling worried. 

"Your baby..." I said.

"What?! Don't scare me!!" He raised my voice, panicking.

"I think he just kicked me." I smiled, caressing my belly.

"Really?!" He asked like an excited Daddy. I nodded and took his palm and placed it on my belly. Moments later, the baby kicked again. Daehyun was smiling to himself. When he realised I was looking at him, his went back to his poker face.

"I'm supposed to still stay mad at you." He said looking away. I know he was not really angry anymore.

"You can still stay mad at me, I won't complain." I said.

"Baby~~ Your first kick! Which leg did you use?" He asked as he caressed my belly.

"I thought you said you're mad at me?" I asked.

"I am. But my baby is innocent. I'm talking to her, not you." He replied.

"She wouldn't reply you." I said. He glared at me. I shut up. 

Baby girl, help me convince your Daddy and tell him I'm sorry too. Or maybe you're siding him?

 

The teaser was definitely a tease!! Now I can't wait for the full version of the song and mv!! 

Awww, thank you to my regulars for reading and commenting frequently. I appreciate it. I was just throwing a tantrum haha~ a less drama version of Jieun's. ^^