With Our Baby Girl

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Baby.... Baby?!" I heard Daehyun mumbling. I woke up groggily. True enough, I heard Eunyoung cries. 

"Shh... I'll check on her. Go to sleep." I patted his chest, hushing him back to sleep.

"No no. We check on her together." Daehyun said, getting up.

"It's fine. Sleep. You have work later on. I'll settle her." I said, pushing his shoulders down, preventing him from coming up.

"Sleep." I pointed at him as I wore my bedroom slippers and rushed to her room. 

"What happened Princess? Why is Mommy's girl crying?" I asked as I craddled her in my arms. It was 2.30am. It wasn't her milk time and her diapers doesn't need to be changed.

"Shhh.... Was it a bad dream? Mommy's here." I patted her lightly as I paced around her room. Were babies her age able to experience bad dreams as well? I'm not sure.

"Baby~ Sleep... You'll wake Daddy. He needs to work later... Be a good girl." I said when she did not stop crying.

"Aren't you tired? Don't your throat hurt? Shh...." I continued to pat her hoping she would fall asleep but no, she just kept crying and her wails got louder.

"Youngie ah~ It's late already... You don't want to wake Daddy right? Daddy needs his sleep." I did not know what to do. She just kept crying and crying. I was afraid she would wake Daehyun up. He had not had proper sleep the entire week. Just when I though he could sleep peacefully, This little monster decided it was okay to cry at this ungodly timing. Usually she would cry for milk or if she had to change her diapers. But now, I don't even know her reason for crying. I don't know what to do and I don't want to disturb Daehyun.

I brought her down to the living room hoping her cries won't travel to the room. 

"Princess, why is she crying?" Daehyun asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"She disturbed your sleep? Sorry. She's been crying for a very long time and I don't know why." I said, still patting her.

"Eunyoungie~ Why is my little princess crying? Hmmm?" Daehyun gestured to carry her. The moment Daehyun carried her, she stopped crying.

"Does my baby wants her Daddy to carry?" Daehyun asked her as he made faces at her. She started smiling and making baby chuckles. It was cute but why do I feel hurt by her actions? 

"You're tired. Go to bed first. I'll take care of her." Daehyun said. I know I should not be thinking this way but does Eunyoung prefer Daehyun to me? Why did she immediately stop crying the moment Daehyun carries her? Seeing that Daehyun got everything under control, I kissed the both of them before going back up to my room. On the way up, Daehyun was playing with her, causing her to giggle. Perhaps Daehyun was a better parent than I am. 

I laid in bed, not able to fall asleep. Did I do or not do something that caused her to behave like this? I know I shouldn't be jealous of Daehyun but my heart hurts. Minutes past and it was still quiet. Did Daehyun hushed her back to sleep just within minutes?

I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep when suddenly, I heard her cries again. I waited to see if Daehyun was able to hush her. Apparently, she just kept crying. I went down to take a look. 

"Baby is crying again... I thought I was able to hush her. I wonder why is she crying so badly." Daehyun pouted, resting on the couch.

"Baby~~" I sat beside him and patted Eunyoung's chest. To my surprise, she stopped crying, leaving Daehyun and I confused.

"Baby ah~ what do you want?" I asked. 

"I think she just wants to be pampered, having the both of us taking care of her since when either of us is not with her, she starts crying." Daehyun said.

"Really? Cheeky girl~" I pinched her little nose. She giggled. 

"What are you thinking of?" Daehyun asked as we both played with her till I zoned out.

"How silly I am. I still thought she didn't like me and loved you more." I told him the truth.

"Silly girl! Our princess love us both. Probably she knew you were thinking of that that's why she cried. Don't let your mind think of such stuff!" Daehyun scolded me. Oops. 

Daehyun carried her while she gripped onto my finger. He hummed her to sleep while I snuggled up to Daehyun listening to his hums as well. How soothing. Eunyoung's eyelids were slowly closing.

"Time for her Daddy to sleep too." I whispered when she fell asleep. He nodded and brought her up to her room. Daehyun wanted to place her down but she would not loosen her grip around my finger. Fearing that we would wake her up again, we decided to have her sleep with us. We placed her in between the both of us and she was sound asleep. 

"Goodnight model Daddy." I bit his arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" He whispered.

"I don't know. For fun?" I smiled.

"Goodnight silly princess." He made a face. That night, the three of us slept soundly together.

 

"I'm homeeee!!" Daehyun annouced as he open the front door. Usually I would run out and greet him but when the baby was borned, I gave up doing that. He only wants his precious little girl now. I placed her in her playpen at the corner of our kitchen so that I would be able to watch her while cooking. She has started crawling, sitting and picking up stuff such as her toys and books. 

"There's my little princess! Did you miss Daddy? I bought you something!" Daehyun picked her up from her playpen and showered her with kisses. 

"Like it?" He showed her a new teddy bear. She grabbed it and started shaking the bear.

"Now it's just your little princess..." I mumbled as I scooped out the rice.

"Eunyoungie, Mommy's jealous. Give her a kiss!' Daehyun said as he carried Eunyoung towards me. They both gave me kisses. How blessed am I~

"Don't be jealous. I bought you something too." Daehyun said.

"I don't need a bear." I replied.

"I know. You have me as your bear." He winked. I slapped his shoulder lightly.

"Here. I'll help you wear it." He put Eunyoung down showed me a pair of heart shaped earrings. I grinned widely, unable to contain my happiness.

"Hungry?" I asked Daehyun. 

"Very! Let's eat!" Daehyun carried her out and placed her on the baby chair so she would eat with us. We fed her baby food. How happy she looked, slamming the table and grinning. So cute~

After dinner, Daehyun washed the dishes and I played with Eunyoung. I laid on the couch while I watched her crawl and climb over me. When Daehyun was done, Daehyun entertained her by moving with her, singing and dancing with her. It was a lovely sight seeing the both of them play with each other.

Daehyun as usual, did not give up in teaching her how to call us or say simple words. He pointed to the different things around the how and told her what that was. He's a wonderful dad. No matter how busy or tired he was, he would always spend time with her.

"Daddy. Say 'Daddy'." Daehyun has been repeating it for quite some time and all she does was stare at him with wide eyes. It seemed like she got bored and started playing with her fingers, putting them into . I pinched her cheeks.

"Come on Youngie~ Call Daddy." Daehyun tried again. This time, she took his hand and put it in his mouth. I was laughing like crazy at her action while Daehyun just frowned.

"Baby!!" He laid her down and softly tickled her. She was a giggling mess.

"Why do you always pressure her?" I asked, leaning close to him.

"I didn't! I'm teaching her! I'm gonna make her first words to call me!" He said proudly. He can try but I'm not giving up. I've been teaching her to call me Mommy too. 

We played awhile more before she was feeling sleepy. 

"Go shower, I'll put her to bed." I said to Daehyun.

"No! Let her sleep first." Daehyun said as he carried her to her room. We patted her to sleep. It didn't take long because she was tired after all that playing.

"Now, to settle this princess." He said as he hugged me and we walked out.

"Were you jealous of your own girl?" Daehyun asked.

"No. Why would I be?" I said.

"Because I spend more time with her?" He replied.

"I'm not. I understand. We both love her very much." I said. We spoil her too much. Spoil is a wrong word to use. We shower her with loads of love. I want her to have a happy childhood and she's at the age when we would just want to spoil her. 

"Glad you understand. Love you! You're as important to me. Don't think otherwise okay? The both of you mean the world to me." He said. I nodded.

"I know you, you're still jealous." Daehyun wriggled his eyebrows.

"I'm not!" I lied. Fine, I'm just a tiny bit jealous but I really understood. Before I could say anything else, he sealed my lips with his. 

"Off to shower!" He exclaimed and pinched my nose playfully.

"Yah~" I called him.

"What? You want to shower with me?" He asked, smiling cheekily. I facepalmed myself. Daehyun would always be Daehyun. But I love him.

 

Okay, a little family time! I always wanted to read family (with kids) stories but there isn't many so I decided to write my own. hee~ Hope you like it!

Oh! THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE UPVOTED MY STORY! It reached above 100! To thank you guys for my support, I owe you guys a double update when I'm feeling better. Thank you!

And Damn, I just found out there's gonna be an overnight queue for BAP's concert tix. I'M SO PISSED!! RAHHH!! Wish me luck! hahah~

Stop guessing baekie's role! You're making me want to give away my plot! (Which I'm not going to). I've actually planned the story already. I just hope you guys won't hate me for it. hahaha~ Oops.