Trust

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

Why am I so angry? Why doesn't she understand the reason why I'm angry? I'm angry at those bastards for laying their hands on her, yes. But I'm more pissed and upset at the fact that she doesn't seem to trust me, she doesn't seem to believe in me to be able to protect her. Why? 

Were my words that easy to be forgotten? I don't think so. We have been together for four years. How can she keep things from me? How is it that she's able to let Seungho Hyung know and not me when I'm the one involved? Doesn't the past tell her what type of a person I am? I mean what I say. She should know by now that I will know about the truth sooner or later so why hide it from me?

Why can't she think from my shoes? How would I feel when I know about what is happening to her? What is a relationship when she can't even trust me?! Sometimes the word sorry can't make up for what you've done. You're sorry for keeping it from me but are you sorry for the fact that you should have put more trust on me when I say I would protect you? Why make me break my own promise? 

It hurts me so much that she can even tell me something this major. I decided to numb myself with work. I worked non-stop, thinking of ways to reach to a larger audience, the possibilities of expansion and stuff. Even though these were all still too early considering that the restaurant was newly opened, I just needed something to stop me from thinking about how upset I am.

"Boss, it's almost three. You should take a break and eat something." Yoori, one of our waitress said to me. She was the same waitress than attended to Jieun yesterday. Without knowing, I have been here for almost seven hours without eating. 

"Thanks. Get the kitchen to prepare something light for me." I replied.

"Are you feeling well?" She asked, probably surprised that I would ask for something light to eat for lunch but I didn't have the appetite for anything close to a feast.

"I'm fine. Let me know when it's ready." I replied. She nodded and left.

The food came and I wasn't even in the mood to eat. I ate a few mouthful and busied myself again. Before I know it, it was night time, time to close the restaurant.

I then drove home feeling really exhausted, I can't wait to lie on my bed. When I entered my home, the lights were on, the tv was on and she was asleep on the couch. Honestly, my heart unknowingly melted at the sight of her sleeping. I removed my coat and covered her with it. She stirred and then finally woke up.

"Oppa..." She called, immediately sitting up straight.

"Why are you still here?" I asked coldly, not sure if I really meant it.

"Are you still mad? I did not bother you the whole day and left you to yourself. I'm really sorry." She pouted. Now, she was standing up. She was like a kid who got scolded by her parents.

"Why are you apolgizing?" I asked.

"I shouldn't have kept it from you..." She mumbled, looking down.

"You don't know why I'm upset." I said.

"Isn't it because I did not tell you about the incident?" She asked.

"I'm upset at that too, but not as upset at another thing." I said. She looked at me, puzzled.

"Come, sit." I said as I patted the space next to me. She obediently sat though I could tell she was a little afraid, probably fearing that I would yell at her again.

Sometimes when things go rather smoothly just like it's has been for the past few years, I tend to forget about her past and the fact that she is very fragile. I was probably too harsh on her.

"Do you trust me?" I asked. She gave me a puzzled look but nodded.

"Do you know what 'trust' means?" I asked. Her expression remained the same, she looked blur.

"Trusting is to rely on someone. Why can't you rely on me to protect you? Am I not worthy for someone to be trusted?" I asked. 

"No no, don't think that way please... I trust you. I really do. But they threatened me with your life if I told you. I just don't want you to get hurt. Besides, they did not do anything else to me after that day." She said.

"What do you mean by that? Wait till they harm you again then you will let me know or I will only find out if you're in critical condition?" I asked, not meaning to curse her or anything like that. She kept quiet.

"What if you were in my shoes? How would you feel? Not knowing what happened to your loved one." I asked.

"Do you know how hurt I was whenI found out hyung knew what was going on while I have no clue at all?" I continued.

"I.... I'm sorry." This was all that came out from . 

"Can you please promise me that you will not keep something like this from me ever again?" I asked. She nodded.

I looked at her, her head was down, her skirt had droplets on it. I held her chin and made her face me.

"Don't cry already." I said as I wiped her tears with my thumb.

"I'm fine~ Are you hungry?" She asked smiling at me. Why is she so random?

"Even if you're not hungry can you please eat? I took a long time to prepare them for you." She pouted. I then realised I was actually starving.

"Only if you feed me." I replied, teasing her.

"I'll go warm the food then!" She said happily, making her way to the kitchen. 

She came back with a bowl in her hands.

"Ah~" She said, I gladly allowed her to feed me. I ended up feeding her as well. Knowing her, she must have starved herself the entire day. 

I realised I wasn't mad with her anymore. How could I possibly stay mad at her? I guess I was just upset and well, a part of me wanted to see what she would do just to please me and get me to forgive her. I just needed that attention from her I guess. It was nice seeing how much she would do to get me to forgive her. I thought she would have thrown a tantrum and I think she would have if I were to ignore her for a little longer.

"You're tired, go to bed." She said after we were done eating.

"You're staying over right?" I asked her.

"You want me to go back at this time of the night?" She asked playfully.

"Forget I even asked. You're sleeping with me tonight." I said as I scooped her in my arms.

"Wait! You go wash up while I wash the dishes." She said.

"Leave the dishes for tomorrow." I said. I just want her by my side now.

"You're tired too. Sleep first while I wash up." I said as I placed her on my bed.

"I'll wait for you. Go go." She patted my . I took my things and went to shower. When I came out, she was on the verge of sleeping but she opened her eyes when she saw me.

"Goodnight Princess." I said as I kissed her.

"Goodnight Daehyunnie~" She snuggled in and hugged my waist.

"Princess." I called out after awhile.

"Hmmm?" She responded, I wasn't sure if she was fully awake or not.

"Sorry for yelling at you." I apologised, her hair.

"Its fine.... You... owe me... a shopping... spree... I'm gonna.... torture you..." She replied. I could only laugh at how cute she was. Torture me all you want. I'll gladly buy you anything.

 

I guess Daehyun just needs assurance. hahahah!

Sorry for not updating as frequently as before, I'm really trying but I just get stuck~

Now with chapter, I'm stuck again~

Thank you to those who are still reading this! I realised I haven't thank my readers in awhile~