Good And Bad News

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Daddy!!!" I heard a voice shout, my baby princess. I spread my arms and she ran into my embrace.

"Hey Hyung. How's the both of them? How about the others?" Zelo asked.

"Hey, I'm still waiting for them to be done with the check up. The boys are helping the police. Thanks for taking care of my baby girl." I ruffled Youngie's hair who was now sitting on my lap, face burried into my chest. Zelo gave me a small smile.

"Aigoo... Why is my baby princess so upset?" I took a closer look at her face. She was pouting and her face was tear-stained.

"Youngie don't feel good." She said. Was it like her gut feeling or something? Like she could feel something was wrong.

"And so you bullied Zelo?" I asked.

"Youngie didn't..." She mumbled, looking away.

"Okay, Youngie is a good girl." I patted her head knowing that now wasn't the time to .

"Daddy, where's Mommy?" She asked.

"Mommy is having a checkup to make sure she's okay." I explained.

"Is Daddy okay?" She asked as she put her palm on my forehead like what Jieun would do to her if she was unwell. So sweet my girl.

"Daddy's okay sweetie." I kissed her nose and she gave me a small grin.

"Hyung, Youngie hasn't eaten anything since she woke up." Zelo told me.

"Baby girl..." I frowned. She looked at me guiltily.

"How many times have we told you not to skip your meals?" I nagged at her. She knew how to go about the naggings, all she had to do was make a cute face and I would not be able to do anything. This girl~

"Let's go grab a sandwich?" I said to her. She nodded.

"Hyung, I'll get them for you. You must be really tired." Zelo said. I thanked him and he went off.

While waiting, Youngie asked many questions that she wasn't sure about. Some questions that I don't even have answers to. She and her curious mind. I'm glad she's here though, accompanying me and keeping me away from thinking about those negative thoughts.

"Baby, are you feeling better now?" I ruffled her hair. She looked at me with a gloomy face and shook her head.

"Why not?" I asked her. She just shrugged her shoulders. I held her close to me, allowing her to rest her head on my chest.

Just then the door that my Jieun was in opened.

"Baby, Mommy's out." I said as I carried her towards the room.

"Doctor how is my wife?" I asked worriedly.

"Mommy!!" Youngie spreaded her arms wanting Jieun to carry her in which she did.

"I must say whatever happened to her was a blessing, a miracle. Not once have I heard about someone reviving even after minutes of being strangled. But she has to stay for the night for further observations. She's caught a cold and slight fever too. Small issue though. Don't need to worry too much. She fine." The doctor smiled. I thanked the doctor and we headed out, towards her ward.

"Thank goodness you're alright. I don't know what I would do..." I said hugging her, Youngie was in between the both of us. It was really a close shave. I really hope this is the last time my family have to go through all this . They're with me for a reason and that reason has nothing got to do with getting hurt. I really cannot keep seeing them get hurt one after another.

"Pabo..." Jieun messed my hair.

"What pabo?! I bet you were as worried as hell then! Don't ever do such things again! I'm never let you go for such stuff again!" I frowned and gave her a light slap on her palm.

"Then make sure nothing bad will happen." Jieun smiled.

"I'll make sure." I promised, kissing her. Youngie smiled a little.

"Mommy~" Youngie called and started sobbing.

"Baby why are you crying hmm?" JIeun asked as she wiped her tears. She said nothing but buried her face in the crook of Jieun's neck.

"Shh.. Silly girl... Everything is alright now." Jieun comforted Youngie. I guessed she knew Youngie was afraid as well.

"How's Baekie?" She asked.

"I don't know. He has not come out yet." I said.

"I'm worried Darling... Nothing can happen to him. We haven't even played with him enough or even celebrate his birthday with him." Jieun said.

"I'm sure he'll be alright..." I said, not really sure as well but I had to assure her.

"Come baby, Mommy is not feeling well. I don't want you to fall sick too." I said as I carried her.

"Mommy you sick?" Youngie asked her as she did the same thing to her, slapping her palm against Jieun's forehead.

"Not so hard baby!" I held her back by her wrist.

"Mommy's alright." Jieun said.

"Don't lie. Go lie down." I frowned as I helped her back to her ward.

"No~ I want to wait for Baekie to come out." She replied. Knowing her, I could only let her be.

"But if you're not feeling good or anything you must let me know okay?" I said as I helped her to a seat.

"Hyung! Noona!" Zelo called.

"Hey~ Thanks for looking after my naughty girl." Jieun said to him. Youngie made a face.

"Here." Zelo handed us sandwiches. My love fed Youngie while I ate my share.

"Baby, go back with ahjusshi." I said after we were done with our food. I didn't want her to stay here. It's a hospital after all. There are germs around and stuff.

"I don't want!" She folded her arms and pouted.

"Baby, be good. Listen to Daddy." Jieun pinched her cheek lightly.

" I don't want! I want to stay with Mommy and Daddy! Youngie is alone at home! I don't want! Mommy Youngie promise Youngie will be good, Youngie won't run around, Youngie will listen to Mommy and Daddy! Please Mommy! Youngie wants to stay with Mommy and Daddy! Youngie don't want to go home..." She cried as she hugged JIeun.

"Okay okay, don't cry. Youngie's not going home. Youngie will stay with Mommy and Daddy okay? Silly girl, don't cry." Jieun wiped her tears and gave her a kiss on her cheek while I ruffled her hair. Why does my baby princess have so much tears? Was she that afraid?

"Zelo-yah, you're tired too. Thanks for taking care of her for us. You can go back and rest first." I said.

"Hyung, stop thanking me~" He said. I smiled slightly.

"Go go~" I urged.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah~ I'll call you if there's anything." I said.

"Alright. Bye hyung, bye noona, bye bye Youngie." He said, poking Youngie's cheek. She waved back and we said our goodbyes.

We sat there wordlessly waiting for Baekie to come out from the emegency room.

 

After a few hours later, The emergency lights finally went off, signalling that Baekie would be out soon.

"Doctor! How's my boy?!" Jieun rushed towards the doctor when he came out. Honestly, he did not look too good and I have a bad feeling about this.

"I'm sorry. I've done my best. He had a serious head injury. He's currently in a coma. I suggest you to prepare for the worst." The doctor looked apologetic as we walked away.

Why is this happening to me? Returning one to me and taking away another?!

"Daehyunnie~" My princess looked at me with teary eyes.

"He''ll be fine..." Right? I'm not so sure myself...