Family

Happily Ever After?

Baekhyun's POV

"I don't belong with your family. I'm not even your oppa." I said and walked away. 

".... You found out?" Youngie let out a whisper.

I have never felt so cheated in my life. Why is it the entire family including Youngie knows about it while I'm kept in the dark?!

I walked up to her and confronted her. I was mad.

"What the hell?! It concerns me and yet even you know but I don't?!" I was dangerously close to her. She flinched a little but didn't move away.

"Will it make a difference whether you know or not? You are still my oppa." Youngie said as she held my hands. I removed her grip from my hands.

"I'm not! I'm just an unwanted child!" I shouted. Youngie looked shocked but I didn't bother much.

"Hyung that's enough! You don't know how lucky you are to have them supporting you! You ran away once and the whole family goes looking for you EVEN though they know that you found out the truth, even though you are not their biological son but does it matter whether you guys are blood related?! They care so much about you how can you keep saying you're unwanted?! Do you know what's unwanted?! It's when you have parents but they don't even give a damn about you, it's when you run away so many times hoping for a slight chance that someone will be looking for you but NO! No one looks for you! THAT'S UNWANTED! From what I see, you are anything but unwanted. Did you know how worried Young was when she heard you were missing? I'm sure your parents are worried too. You're 18, more than capable of taking care of yourself yet they're still worried about you leaving home without your phone or wallet being out for less than an hour. DOESN'T ALL THIS SHOW HOW MUCH THEY CARE AND LOVE YOU?! If they didn't like you would they have fed you, clothe you and showered you with love?!" Taehyung pushed me away from Youngie started shooting his words towards me. I was shocked that that cold guy could talk so much. I was honestly afraid of him.

I kept quiet and thought of what he said. I was only upset about the fact that I was lied to for so long and the fact that my real parents abandoned me,venting my anger on Youngie which she totally did not deserve it. I know they treat me well but why must they keep the fact from me? Youngie was also looking at Taehyung, probably also shocked that he talked so much.

"Oppa can we go home please? Mommy is really worried. Can we at least listen to Mommy and Daddy's explanation before you decide on anything?" Youngie said after that few moments of silence. To be honest, I was a little guilty that I had made them so worried and whatever Taehyung said was true. They did provide me with whatever I needed to grow and honestly, I wouldn't have asked for greater parents.

"Where are you going? Please go home with me." Youngie said when I walked off.

"This is the way home stupid." I said, teasing her a little.

"Oh right." She laughed.

"Oppa, do you want to head home first? It's late and I have stupid with me." Youngie said as she pointed to me. Right, who was the one who didn't know where her home was? Calling me stupid, aish this crazy girl.

"You sure?" Taehyung asked, giving me a weird look.

"Yes, I won't hurt her. Go home." I said to him.

"Okay. I'll call you later. Bye babe." He replied.

"Call tomorrow! It's late!" I frowned. He ignored me and walked away.

"Taehyung!" I called him.

"Thank you." I said. He gave a small smirk before walking off.

The both of us wallked in awkward silence towards home. This is the first time in my memory that we have been so awkward with each other. I grab her palms and took a look at her bruises.

"Really stupid. Why didn't you move when I told you to?" I asked her, looking at those cuts.

"How would I know you would push me?!" She shouted and pulled her hands away.

"Sorry...." I said loud enough for her to hear.

"What? What was that? Was that a mosquito?" She cupped her ears.

"I'm sorry!" I said again, this time louder.

"I know, heard you the first time." She stuck out her tongue and linked her arms with mine. I could never stay mad at her.

"So... What's my past?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Mommy and Daddy never told me." She shrugged.

"Oh. I thought you knew. Then how did you find out I was not your brother?" I asked.

"I guess I just sort of remembered when I was young. I don't know too. A few years ago, I asked Mommy about it. She told me not to mention it ever again. Does it really matter that you're not my real brother?" She said.

"Not really. Real sister or not, you're annoying." I said. She kept quiet.

"Yah, I'm kidding." I said when I could feel the tension and I could tell she was upset. I thought she had gotten used to the teasings? She said nothing but walked ahead.

"You know I don't mean it..." I said, chasing after her. I swear this sister of mine is bipolar.

"Yah!!! I was joking!! Why are you crying?! " I panicked when I realised she walked ahead because she was crying.

"Don't cry! Your mom will scold me!" I said, trying to get her to stop. Instead, she cried even more and started whacking my arm. Is she not embarrassed?

"Shh shh!! Ow! Stop stop! ICE CREAM!! I'll give you ice cream!" I tried pacifying her.

"ISN'T MY MOM YOUR MOM TOO?!" She yelled and spammed me with whackings. I taught her well but she shouldn't be using what I've taught her to attack me!

"Okay okay!! Our mom! Stop stop stop!!!" I held her wrists firmly. She made a face and walked off.

Unknowingly, we were already at our doorstep. I stood at the door, hesitating what to do when I saw them. What should I say? What should I do?

"Aish! Move your big !" Youngie pushed me aside as she inserted the key into the keyhole.

"Wait!" I held her hand. She gave me an irritated look.

"What should I do? I'm not ready yet." I said.

"Ready for what? Just go in and apologize for running away and ending my date early and promise to treat us to a whole day family outing to Lotte World, dinner at-" I covered to stop her from talking rubbish.

"Why did I even bother asking you. I was being serious." I said as I released my grip from her hands.

"I'm serious too. Just apologize and don't make Mommy cry!" Youngie frowned and unlocked the door.

"We're home!" Youngie called out when she opened the door. Mommy and Daddy were sitting on the couch. Dad's arm was around Mommy's shoulders.

"Come in and close the door. I don't want the both of you to catch a cold." Mommy said with a smile. Is Mommy okay? I stood by the door, not knowing what should I do. Wasn't Mommy supposed to be upset? Angry that I just ran out like that without considering my safety? Did she not love me enough to get mad at me?

"I'm heading to bed." I said as I ran up. I didn't know how to face them. I need my time alone and to digest the truth. 

"Baekhyun!" I heard Dad call me but I shut my door instead.

"Baekhyun, can we come in?" Dad said as he knocked the door. I did not reply.

"Oppa!!" Youngie's voice boomed as she opened my door. Aish this girl, forever busting into my room like it was hers.

"See I told you this would work." Youngie smirked. I saw Dad roll his eyes. Dad said 'we' but why Mommy wasn't here?

"Mommy's in her room. If you want I can call her here." He said as he saw me looking around for her. Is Mommy still mad at me? I should be mad at her instead. Somehow I felt hurt that Mommy didn't come in with the both of them.

"Do you know how worried we were when you ran out like that?" Daddy asked the moment the both of them plopped onto my bed. Worried? Mommy is not even here.

"Especially your mom! Do you know how hurt she was when you used the word 'hate'?" He lectured me like I was still a kid. I bit my lip and looked at my fingers. I didn't mean to say that...

"She didn't even want to come in because she was afraid you didn't want to see her or talk to her. She will not be able to take it. Why do you have to hurt her like that?" I kept quiet throughout, feeling slightly guilty. It's all my fault that she didn't enter my room, who am I to blame her?

"I'm not trying to push the blame to you or anyone. Of all people, Mommy is the last person you can think of hurting. If it wasn't for her, you wouldn't even here, having the luxury of even sitting on this bed. She watched and helped you grow. Yes, we hid the fact from you but that doesn't mean you could say mean things to her. You know how sensitive your mom is. We didn't tell you because we didn't find the need to bring up the past, we don't want you to feel that you're unwanted, unloved. We had your interest at heart. We needed to protect you." Daddy said. Now when Daddy puts it this way... harsh but he's not wrong.

"Have you ever thought of telling me the truth?" I asked.

"Honestly, no but Mommy feels guilty that she hid the truth from you. I didn't want her to tell you. I see no point. Will it change anything?" He replied.

"What are you doing here?" I asked when I realised Youngie was sitting beside me. I didn't think this would be of her concern.

"Peacemaker! And why can't I be here? I'm part of the family too!" She made a peace sign.

"Have you ever think that maybe I would want to know the truth? I don't even know anything, I feel like a piece of me is missing." I said seriously.

"Are you sure you want to know the truth? It's not something happy..." Dad warned. Youngie suddenly moved closer towards us.

"So nosy." I rolled my eyes, not really meaning it. Do I really want to know the truth? It's my past and something in me is urging Dad to tell me my past. I nodded once.

"When Youngie was still a little girl, we rewarded her with a trip to the playground after getting her questions right-" Dad said but got cut off by Youngie.

"Who knew I was smart since I was little!" Youngie beamed. I rolled my eyes again.

"Yes, thank your Mom for that. Anyway, as I was saying, the three of us headed to the playground. While I was entertaining Youngie, your mom found you tied to a part of the playground, crying. You said that that bit- I mean, your Umma is gone. Mommy the untied the rope and attended to you. We then found out that your umma... already had thoughts on leaving you there. We took you in because we really wanted kids back then and we couldn't bare to just leave you there to fend for yourself." Dad recalled.

"Did you try to search for my Umma?" I asked, not even sure why I asked that question. She had already decided to abandon me so why should I care?

"No. We then found out you were.... abused... Physically and mentally. We didn't bother finding her. We just hope she wouldn't come back for you. We took care of you, healed your wounds but the credit is mostly given to Mommy. She was really patient. She took real good care of the both of you. That's why I don't like it when you both say or do things that will make her upset." Dad continued. I believed the both of us felt guilty.

"Why can't I remember anything then? Nothing at all." I asked. Dad's expression changed. He suddenly looked pissed.

"That idiot decided to appear and kidnap you when you were not feeling well. She used you to get money from us. We had to save you knowing how evil she was. Of course we managed to save you but during the fight, your head received a severe blow and you were having fever then. These were probably the cause for your memory loss. We then decided to keep the truth from you both." He said. While he was talking, I noticed his eyes had other emotions. I couldn't really tell what he was feeling but somehow I felt that he left out some parts. I don't think losing my memories could make him this emotional. 

"Anyway, we treated you well enough given by the fact that we could hide the truth from you for so long that you didn't even suspect anything. But now you know the truth, I won't blame you if you want to make any decisions about your future." Dad added. 

Everything made sense now. I tried to absorb whatever he told me. Why am I so unlucky to have this kind of biological mother? Or I could be the luckiest orphan in the world, I was taken care by the most caring parents in the world. I should understand why they hid the facts from me. It wasn't anything glam, nothing near good at all. Even though I was just someone the picked up, they never fail to shower me with all the love.

"Oppa, don't go. Stay with us." Youngie said. 

"Pabo, I'm not going anywhere crybaby. This is my home." I teased when I realised she teared after hearing whatever Dad said. No wonder she was so quiet.

"So I'm assuming you know what to do?" Daddy said as he shifted his gaze towards the door. I stood up and went to Mommy. Youngie and Daddy followed but didn't enter Mommy's room with me. I could tell Youngie wanted to but Dad pulled her back and the both of them stood against the door.

"Sorry Mommy. I really didn't mean to say that. I was sprouting nonsense because I was ..." I didn't know why I said those words in the first place. I guess it was the sudden anger I felt then.

"It's okay Baekie, at least I know you didn't mean those words." Mommy said and handed me the bouquet of roses I made for the girl I was having a crush on. I could feel my cheeks heating up. Mommy made the bouquet looked even prettier than what I did. She wrapped the plain roses into a beautiful bouquet.

"Thank you Mommy!" I blushed slightly. 

"Good luck~ It's late already, I'm sure all of you are tired. Stop peeking, the both of you, get to bed!" Mommy 'ordered'. 

We saluted her playfully and said our good nights.

I laid in bed thinking about all that had happened. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without them. I could probably be living on the streets, doing all sorts of uhealthy things but here I am in the comfort of a place I call home. I guess I truly am blessed with such an amazing family.

 

Sorry I took so long! I hope this chapter is okay though I personally feel that its just meh~. Cherish your loved ones! This is the end of the special 3 parts (unless I come up with something else)! Till then, I'm gonna work on my current ongoing fics and one shots! Thank you all once again!! :)