Broken Promise

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

As weeks gone by, Daehyun became even busier than before. That dinner that he said he would make it up to me, well he did in a way. We only had instant noodles before he had to rush off and settle his restaurant stuff. I was pretty upset but didnt push further. He tends to give his all whenever he does something and its been some time since I've seen him this driven but can't he see? As much as his restaurant needs him, I need him too.

I bet other girlfriends see their boyfriends almost a few times a week. Me? I barely got to see him once a week. But I should be understanding right? To the guys, career is always first. Since he has been putting in so much effort, I should do something for him instead of always complaining and ranting that I was always alone right?

I've already asked Seungho oppa for permission to stayover Daehyun's house today. I was surprised that oppa would even allow. I showed a shocked face and he pinched my nose.

"Am I that unreasonable of a brother in your eyes?" He asked. I shook my head and smiled.

 

Daehyun's POV

This few weeks I've been really busy. Most of my time were spent either in the restaurant or spent thinking on ways and ideas to further improve my restaurant. I'm actually excited for the opening of my restaurant. This is the first time I've actually put this much time and effort into something. I'm gonna make sure I do a fantastic job.

I was doing some calculations when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Daehyunnie!" My princess exclaimed.

"Hey baby." I replied while keying the calculator.

"Are you free tonight?" She asked. I stopped whatever I was doing and thought about it.

"Erm.. Actually-" She cut me off.

"Please? Can't you just don't do anything tonight and just accompany me? I haven't seen you in a week..." She sounded really sad over the phone. It kinda broke my heart. She made me realised how long I've acutally not seen her. She's been really understanding and it's a fact that I've been neglecting her.

"Hmmm..." I teased.

"Please please please!" She pleaded.

"Okay, I'll cancel everything I have tonight just for you." I replied. 

"Really?" She asked, I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Really." I replied.

"Promise?" She added.

"Yea. Promise. Where do we meet?" I said.

"Just go home! I'll be waiting! I'll prepare dinner!" She said excitedly. So cute.

"Okay. I can't wait to eat my Princess's homecooked food!" I replied.

"Hahaha~ See you later Daedae!" She said.

"Bye baby." I replied. My source of motivation for today. I placed my phone on the table and get to work hoping to get things done fast.

"Boss boss! Bad news! The fabric for the tables caught fire at the warehouse!" A worker ran in the kitchen where I was and told me. I got a shock.

"Continue your work, I'll be back soon." I said to the other workers.

I immediately drove to the warehouse. Please, don't let it be a big deal. I spent a huge sum of money and time for the fabrics!

When I got there, I spoke to the person in-charge. The police were there as well. Why did it turn out this way?! 

"It seemed like this fire was a planned one. Someone wanted to set the goods on fire on purpose. We got here too late, the culprits had left." They told me.

"What about my fabric?! I spent a large sum on it and I cannot have this incident delay the opening of my restaurant!" I was pissed off.

"They're all burnt but not to worry. We will keep our word and take full responsibility of it since it happened in my warehouse. We will produce a new batch of fabric for you and I will assure you no delay to your opening and no extra cost. I'm really sorry." The in-charge said to me. Since this was the best solution, I agreed.

"Thank you." I replied. Luckily there was a solution. I drove back to the restaurant.

"It's late. Thank you for your hard work. Go back and have a good rest, I'll tidy up the ends here." I said to the workers. They left and I took a seat.

I was relieved that the situation was solved quite quickly. I calculated some numbers and locked up the restaurant and drove back home.

I opened my door and saw lights. Damn it!! Jieun! I totally forgot about the dinner! It's already 12 midnight! Crap!

I saw her sitting on the couch lazily with a bottle of red wine in her hands. 

"Finally coming home? You broke your promise!" She smiled bitterly. She was drunk.

"I'm so sorry princess. Something cropped up and-" She cut me off again.

"Your restaurant again right? I know I know. I'm nothing compared to your precious restaurant. My effort is worthless compared to yours. This dinner is nothing compared to your restaurant. Everything is about your restaurant now. You could have called. But no, you left me waiting for five hours for you to come home. Nevermind, I called and you didn't pick up. I'm fine if you don't want to eat. At least let me know you're safe. Whatever. I'm going back. Enjoy the stupid dinner." She said, picking up her bag, stumbling around, heading for the main door.

I felt so bad. This was indeed my fault. I could have let her know. I shouldn't have forgotten about the dinner. I took a glance at the dining table, it was like a feast but yet, nothing was touched. She was probably waiting for me to get home to eat with me.

"I'm sorry." I did not know what else to say. And I might make matters even worst if I mentioned anything about the restaurant.  I grabbed her arm.

"Don't say your sorry when you know it's gonna happen again the next time something like this happens. You're not sorry, I'm sorry for disturbing you. Let go." She pushed me away. I know it's my fault but did she really need to say those words?

"Look, I said i'm sorry. I'm very tired already. Can we not argue about something so small? Can we just have our dinner?" I said, feeling a little frustrated.

"Something so small?! I knew it our dinner is just a small matter, it's not even important enough to be remembered. I'm forever something small in your eyes!" She shouted. Aish.

"No, no that's not what I mean. I- If you don't want to eat its fine, at least let me take you home." I calmed down and said.

"Princess!" I shouted when she collapsed. I guessed the wine knocked her out. I caught her before she fell and hit the ground.

I carried her in my arms and brought her to my car and drove her home.

I carried her out and pressed the doorbell, Seungho hyung opened the door and he did not look happy at all seeing Jieun in my arms.

 

BAP'S COMING ON THE 12 OF JUNE!! HEE!! I should be going if nothing crops up with the ticket system. 

Oh~ I bought their one shot album and have Zelo's photocard. anyone has Daehyun's? I wanna trade. haha~ SG only~