Stupid Reason

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I knew it! He loves me! Thank goodness everything was just an act. But I don't get why he doesn't want to go for treatment! I really cannot imagine life without him. I'm sure the kids too. 

"I love you." I said as I held the lighted cigarette above my wrist. I said I would do anything to get him to receive treatment and I mean it.

"No! You wouldn't!" He shouted. Darling, it's really for your own good. I really wouldn't mind sacrificing myself for you to be well. Afterall, he's done so much for me.

"I would do anything." I said as I brought the stick closer to my skin. I know I'm stupid for doing this but I didn't know what else to do. He said he loved me right? He wouldn't see me get hurt and do nothing about it.

"Don't be stupid!!" He shouted as he slapped my hand away. The cigarette stick flew out of my hand, almost grazed my skin if he did not pull my other arm away.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?! BURNING YOURSELF?!" He shouted in my face as he extinguished the . 

"DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL IT WOULD FEEL!? DON'T YOU EVER USE YOUR BRAINS?!" He scolded. I said nothing. I felt like a kid getting scolded by an adult.

"Don't you ever dare do that again!" He took the ashtray and threw it away. He also kept the lighter and the pack of cigarettes.

"Then go for treatment!!!" I shouted back.

"NO! End of discussion. Don't try to persuade me. It's not going to work." He said. 

I was still in the kneeling position beside the table, head down low.

"Y-Yah.." He tapped my shoulder lightly probably shocked and my sudden quietness.

"Yah don't cry!!" He said, feeling guilty? I don't know. But my tears kept flowing.

"Do you really want to leave me? I thought you loved me..." I asked sadly, still crying.

"I do. Please stop crying. You're hurting me with your cries. I don't like seeing you cry." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

"Then go. Can you think from my point of view? Aren't you hurting me as well? Please... I beg you... I really don't want to lose you... I need you to be healthy again. I will exchange anything for you to be safe and healthy again, I'm even willing to give up my life." I cried hard while hugging him.

"But it's no use. I'm not going to get well." He said.

"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED IT YET AND YOU'RE ALREADY GIVING UP?! WHAT IF THERE ARE MIRACLES?!" I pushed him away.

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL OKAY?! I WANT TO BE PERFECT IN YOUR EYES! I WANT TO BE THE HANDSOME DAEHYUN IN YOUR EYES! THE STUPID TREATMENT IS GOING TO MAKE ME WEAK. I DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE ME LIKE THAT! I WON'T BE ABLE TO ACCEPT IT!" He yelled. Seriously?! That was his worry?

"You're already perfect in my eyes... It's not your looks that attracted me. It's your inside." I said.

"What are you trying to say?! I'm not handsome?!" He yelled again. Goodness. Where is this conversation heading to? 

"You are. Even if you lose all your hair, even if your nose or ears drops, even if you drop all your teeth, you're still handsome to me. I will always love you regardless." I said as I gave him another kiss on his lips. 

"That's a really stupid reason for not going for treatment." I said.

"What?! I'm just insecure okay?!" He said. 

"Now that I've assured you, can you go?" I asked.

"Are you sleeping with me tonight?" He asked.

"What has this got to do with anything?!" I asked.

"If you are then I might consider." He said.

"You're not considering. You're going." I frowned. He gave me a look. Why do I feel like I'm talking to someone even younger than Youngie?

"Will you be going with me?" He asked when we were on the bed.

"Princess?" He called me when I didn't reply.

"Why are you crying again?" He asked, panicking. I shook my head, not wanting to tell him.

"Don't cry anymore... I already promised you right?" He my hair. You don't know how worried and afraid I was when Himchan Oppa told me the news. As much as I told myself you would be alright, I can't help it that my brain is picturing all the bad scenes in my head. I'm so glad you're finally willing to accept help.

"You will go with me right?" He asked, making me face him. He wiped my tears and brought me closer to his chest.

"I thought you asked me to leave by tomorrow?" I replied in my crying voice.

"Since when were you so obedient?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. We kept quiet for awhile.

"Don't go... Stay with me... I'm scared..." He hugged me tight. I'm glad he told me what he really thought. 

"I won't go anywhere. I'll be with you. I promise." I said, hugging him back. I wanted to reply him sarcastically but I didn't because I've never seen him so unsure and afraid before. 

"I missed you so much..." He buried his face into my hair. I missed you a lot too, Darling.

"I'm so sorry Love." He said and then kissed me like crazy. I shook my head, accepting his apology. It felt so long since I've been in his embrace. I missed this a lot.

"Sleep. I'll accompany you tomorrow." I said, cupping his cheek. His eyes sprung wide open.

"TOMORROW?! YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TOMORROW!!" He yelled. Oh Daehyun~ I covered his mouth and rested my head against his chest and fell asleep.

 

Litterally laughed at the Lay and Suho comments! hahaha! 

You guys know me too well. Maybe Jieun should have gotten hurt. ><

Sorry for the short update. Recently I don't feel satisfied with my chapters...

I'm so excited! I'm seeing SHINee later!!!! :D