Family Outing

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Mommy..." Baekhyun came in and tugged my pajamas when I was washing the dishes.

"Yes Sweetie?" I asked.

"Why Youngie don't want me to go? Is Baekhyun a naughty boy?" He asked me. I dried my hands and got down to his level.

"No, you're not naughty. You're a good boy that's why we're going out right?" I said.

"But Youngie-" I cut him off.

"She's just a little unsure what she's feeling. That's all. Don't think so much okay? Go get ready." I patted his bum.

"Babies! Go pack your bags! Bring one set of your pajamas." Daehyun shouted for the whole house to hear.

"Mommy!!!!" Now Youngie came running for me.

"Don't run in here. It's dangerous. Yes princess?" I said, squatting down to her.

"Is Daddy throwing Youngie away? Youngie will be good! Please don't throw Youngie away!" She hugged me.

"Silly girl. Who said anything about throwing Youngie away?" I patted her back while hugging her.

"Daddy asked to pack pajamas." She replied.

"That doesn't mean anything. Mommy will be packing too." I replied.

"Is Daddy throwing Mommy away?" She sulked. Why is she so cute and innocent?

"No no. No one is throwing anyone away. We're just going for a night outing as a family. That's all." I said.

"Oh..." She said.

"Remember what we said earlier? We both love you very much. Do you understand?" I asked.

"Youngie understands! Youngie loves Mommy and Daddy too!" She gave me a kiss.

"What about Oppa?" I asked. Her smile immediately became a sad face.

"Youngie ah. Why don't you love Oppa? Oppa loves you." I said, putting her on my lap.

"Don't love!" She said. I know she's not saying something. But what? She then wriggled off my lap and ran to her room.

 

"Packed your things already?" Daehyun asked as we entered their room. They nodded. We checked their bags to make sure that they brought their necessary stuff, after all they're just babies.

"Baby, I thought Daddy said one set. Why did you bring three?" I asked.

"I cannot choose!" She frowned and pouted.

"Aigoo... Mommy choose for you?" I asked. She nodded happily. I ended choosing her favourite set.

"Baby, are you going to do art later?" Daehyun asked when he saw Baekie's bag filled with colouring materials and paper. He nodded.

"I want to colour and draw with Daddy, Mommy and Youngie! Daddy don't allow?" He asked, sounding afraid. I looked at Youngie, it seemed like she didn't hear what Baekhyun said. She was busy rolling and playing with her pajamas. I wished she heard him though. He's putting in so much effort to be open up to her when he's the more quiet one.

"Of course not! Daddy hopes you impart my drawing skills!" Daehyun ruffled his hair. Why are my kids so cute? But impart Daehyun's drawing skills???

"Bring your piglet and your panda. I don't want you two to cry at night." Daehyun said. 

"Yes Daddy!" They both replied.

"Can we go now?!" Youngie shouted.

"Yes yes, let's go!" I held the both of them on either sides.

"Yah! And I have to carry all your stuff?!" Daehyun shouted. I laughed with the kids.

 

"Babies, wake up, we're here..." Daehyun said. I fell asleep as well.

"Carry..." Youngie raised her hands. Seeing that she was so tired, I carried her while Baekhyun walked beside me and Daehyun carried the rest of the stuff.

"WOAH!!! SHIPS AND SEA!!!" Youngie shouted suddenly, giving us a shock.

"Baby, those are yachts." I said.

"Mommy let me down please!!" She said. Crazy active girl~ I let her down and she started running.

"Be careful! Don't run too far." I said.

"Baby wrong way!" I shouted when she ran past where our yacht was. She ran back and crashed onto my legs. 

"WOW!! SO NICE!! Mommy! The boat is so big!" She shouted when we were on the yacht. 

"Of course! It's Daddy's!" I said.

"Baekie, is it nice?" I asked when he did not say anything. I looked at him and his jaw was hanging slightly. I laughed at his cute side and pinched his cheeks.

"Let's go in first. Later we'll come out and watch sunset!" I said as I held the both of them and went in.

"Mommy, there's a bed!" Baekhyun tugged my arm.

"Yes but no jumping on it-" I said but it was too late. Youngie was already bouncing away.

"I want to sleep with Mommy and Daddy!" Youngie shouted as she laid on the bed like a starfish.

"Okay okay. Stop shouting Sweetie. Aren't you tired?" Daehyun asked. She shook her head.

I didn't want them to get sunburn so we did indoor activities instead. Baekhyun poured out his entire bag of colouring materials.

"Be good okay. The both of you sit here and draw." I said as I made the both of them sit on the floor, drawing on the table.

"I don't want." Youngie said.

"How about we have a mini competition? The best drawing will get ice cream?" Daehyun said. The moment  Youngie heard the word ice cream, her eyes brightened.

"Really Daddy?!" She asked. Daehyun nodded.

"No unfair play okay? No snatching of the colours. Either you ask nicely or wait till they finish using and no ruining of other's drawing. Anyone who does that will not be given ice cream okay?" Daehyun said firmly. Even though it was just an activity, we don't want them to behave like spoilt kids. They nodded.

"Mommy and Daddy play too!" My baby boy asked.

"Sure! Why not?" Daehyun said.

"Now, I'm going to win." Daehyun whispered in my ear. I smiled recalling of our game back then. That bracelet...

We started drawing and having fun. Daehyun being Daehyun, he hid some of the colour pencils from the kids. I played along with him. This was the first time I see Youngie so focused in colouring. 

"Mommy, can I have the pink pleaseeeee?" She asked flooding with aegyo. I passed it to her.

"Daddy can I have the blue?" Youngie asked.

"Say 'Please Daddy, please Daddy, please please please.'" Daehyun disturbed her. She happily sang it in a tone.

"It's not with me. It's with Baekie." Daehyun said. Youngie frowned. I thought she was unhappy that Daehyun tricked her but when I think of it, it wasn't the case. She didn't even ask Baekhyun for the colour pencil.

"You're not taking the blue from Baekie?" I asked. She shook her head then rested her head on her hand as she continued to colour. I gave Baekie a small kiss on the cheek, hopefully he wouldn't feel sad.

"Done?" Daehyun asked them. 

"Yes Daddy!" Youngie lifted her paper up proudly while Baekhyun just nodded.

I was impressed with Youngie's work but towards the end, she sort of gave up and started scribbling at the sides. Baekhyun's piece was shocking. The words he wrote was incredibly neat for a four year old!

"Baby, where did you learn to write like that? It's very pretty." I said.

"Umma would punish me if I have ugly words." Baekhyun muttered softly but loud enough for us to hear. What?! That devil again?! He's only four! That woman is sick!

"Both is very pretty! Daddy can tell you both put a lot of effort in it so the both of you will get ice cream!" Daehyun said.

"YAY! ICE CREAM!" My little girl shouted again as she followed Daehyun to the fridge.

"Pass this to Oppa." Daehyun told her. She reluctantly took the ice cream to him.

"Thank you Youngie." Baekhyun smiled. I ruffled his hair. At least she didn't kick up a fuss.

"It's almost time! Let's go see the sunset while eating!" I said, feeling excited at the fact that I'm able to do this with my family.

I brought them out and laid some food on the floor as we sat and eat.

"Daddy, can I walk around?" Youngie asked.

"Can, but only areas where we can see you. No running and pushing. It's very dangerous. Baekie, go walk with her too." Daehyun said. She looked grumpy but did nothing.

"Okay Daddy!" Baekhyun beamed.

Daehyun wrapped his arms around me as we watched them and the sunset. 

"Are you happy with this outing?" Daehyun asked.

"Yeah! Thank you for bringing us here." I kissed him.

"I hope Youngie will open up to Baekie soon. I think he feels hurt when she treats him like that. But she doesn't say anything..." I said as I watched the both of them. Baekhyun was trying to talk to Youngie and wanted to hold her hand but she kept brushing his hand away.

"Baby girl, hold Oppa's hand." I interfered, feeling heartbroken to see her behaving that way towards Baekhyun. I cannot stand it seeing him getting hurt over and over again.

"I don't want." She walked away. Baekhyun was persistant though. He just kept walking beside her.

"Baby girl." I frowned.

"I said I don't want! Go away!!' She shouted, pushing him.

"EUNYOUNG!" Daehyun shouted.

"BAEKHYUN!!!" I shouted when I saw him falling off!

 

Hahaha cliffhanger~

Oh, the story will revolve them in their 3-5years of age. So I'm not fast forwarding the time to when they're teens. And, don't hate on Youngie~ She has her reasons. Even though I'm not sure if they're reasonable or not. hee~

I started another one-shot featuring Daehyun! CLICK!! Comment, subscribe and upvote :) It'll mean a lot to me! Thank you!