Not Themselves

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"MOMMYYYY!!" Youngie yelled, running down the stairs. I thought it was one of her crazy hyper mornings again. I was watching tv.

"Morning Sweetie. Yes?" I said, patting her head.

"Morning? MOMMY COME!!" She shouted, her little palm grabbing mine and pulling me up. I followed her.

"Calm down baby. So excited?" I said not knowing the reasons behind her behaviour.

"Oppa is crying!" She said while pulling me along with her towards the room.

"What?!" I speeded up. When I entered the room, Baekhyun was sobbing, tears were flowing but not much sound could be heard.

I sat on his bed and wiped his tears and then patted him. Youngie was sitting beside me looking all worried and concerned about her Oppa. So cute.

"Baekie, shh... It's alright... Everything's alright." I hushed him. Youngie patted his arm softly.

He then opened his eyes.

"Mommy!!" He cried as he hugged me. 

"Don't worry baby. You're safe." I patted his back. Youngie knelt down on the bed and imitated me, patting Baekie's back.. Why is she so cute?

"Mommy it's scary!" He sobbed.

"Scary? What's scary? Mommy is scary?" I asked, still hugging him. He shook his head.

"Aliens wanted to take Baekie away from Mommy and bring me back to Umma. I don't want, Mommy!" He cried. Poor baby. He was having a nightmare. Did we watch any alien shows recently? 

"You don't want Mommy?" I asked.

"I want!! I don't want Umma..." He said softly.

"Baby, it's just a nightmare... No aliens are going to take Baekie away from Mommy and Daddy okay?" I said.

"Really?" He asked sounding so cute and innocent.

"Yes baby. Has Mommy ever lied to you?" I said. He gave me a small smile and shook his head.

"Rawr!! Youngie wants hug too!" She said. I laughed.

"Come here baby lion." I opened my arms and she gladly jumped into my embrace.

"So do the both of you want to continue to sleep or we have breakfast?" I asked after drying his tears.

"Mommy, Youngie is a lion! Rawr!!" Youngie made claw actions with her palms.

"I'm a lion too!" Baekie said.

"Okay my baby lions. Sleep or eat?" I asked, ruffling their hair.

"Eat Mommy!" Youngie shouted and sunk her teeth into my arm. Baekie didn't though. He just smiled. 

"Yah! Naughty lion!" I said as I patted her bum. She just gave me a silly grin. 

"Let's go!" I said. They hopped off my lap and started crawling on the floor. These babies~

"Stand up and go down the stairs!" I laughed. I don't want them to injure themselves.

"But we're lions!" Youngie said.

"You're special lions. You can walk on two feet!" I said as I walked down with them. 

"Do some writing while I make breakfast." I said as I settled them on the table with their stuff. The two of them sat beside each other and started doing their own thing.

I took out the milk from the fridge and wondered if Daehyun had breakfast.

Daehyun was at work again. He seemed to be really busy these few days. Whenever I asked, he would just tell me he's alright but I always felt like there was something bothering him. He comes home after the kids head to bed. 

 

"Cannot!" I heard Youngie shouting. I didn't think much of it as it was quite usual for them to be bickering. I was preparing dinner.

"I want to see!" Baekie said.

"I SAY CANNOT!!" Youngie shouted and then I heard a cry. I ran out immediately.

"What happened?!" I frowned. Baekhyun was crying.

"She punched me." He pointed at Youngie, crying.

"I didn't!" She protested.

"Youngie, did you or did you not punch Oppa?" I asked, sounding serious. I rubbed his stomach.

"He wanted to look at my drawing! I said cannot! It's a surprise. Oppa snatched it from me and my paper tear!" She yelled back.

"Don't raise your voice at me. The both of you are wrong. Baekie, you shouldn't snatch things from people when they say cannot and Youngie, you cannot punch people as and when you like." I said.

"But he tore my drawing!" Youngie said.

"She punched me!" Baekie argued.

"Enough! Apologize to each other!" I scolded. Youngie pouted and looked away. Baekie did the same.

"Fine. You want to do things this way? The both of you take your things and sit at two corners until dinner is ready." I said as I took their materials and placed them at two separate corners.

"No moving away and no noise." I said sternly. The both of them had a grumpy face on and did their own drawing. Is it me or they are having their own moodswings? 

I went back to the kitchen and continued with dinner. After I was done, I went back out, the both of them were still not talking to each other. Sometimes when I said no noise, they would be giggling because they had already made up. Seems like today was different.

"Come and eat." I asked laying out the utensils. 

The both of them ran and held onto the same chair.

"I want to sit here!" Youngie said. 

"I want to sit here!" Baekie said which was weird. He usually gave in to Youngie. They continued to argue.

"Stop it! No one sits there. Youngie sit here, Baekie sit here." I pointed to their respective seats. They seemed to be ignoring me.

"I'm not going to say it again. Sit and eat!" I scolded. Why are they suddenly giving me problems? 

I was afraid that they would end up fighting for food so I decided to scoop their dishes for them. Dinner was exceptionally quiet. After they were done with their food, I took the bowls from them.

"Don't fight anymore. Go sit and watch tv." I said as I carried the bowls to the kitchen.

"No! I want to watch!" I ran out after hearing Youngie shout. They were fighting for the remote.

"Stop it! Give me the remote. Why can't the both of you be nice to each other?!" I said as I took the remote from them.

"I'm being nice here. You two either sit and watch or go to sleep now." I said firmly, switching to a kids channel. Where is Daehyun when I need him? Is today 'annoy my siblings' or 'make Mommy mad' day? agrhh!

The both of them sat at the furthest end of the couch and watched the cartoon while I went to do the dishes. I watched tv with them once I was done.

I sat in between the both of them and they snuggled up to me. 

"Sorry Mommy..." Youngie said.

"Sorry Mommy..." Baekie said.

"I said it first!" Youngie quarrelled again. 

"Baby it's okay. Mommy forgives the both of you but shouldn't you two apologize to each other?" I asked.

"No!" The both of them said at the same time.

"How long are the both of you going to do this?" I asked.

"Forever!" Youngie said.

"Forever? You sure? Do you want me to call and tell Daddy about this? I'm sure none of you would want it right?" I threatened. I know I should be doing something about this but I can't bring myself to. They kept quiet.

"Okay. I'm telling Daddy." I said.

"Sorry...." Youngie said, almost inaudiable.

"Sorry." Baekie said. I knew they were only saying it to please me.

"That's better. No more fighting. Youngie don't ever use your fist on Oppa is that clear? Milk then sleep?" I asked. They nodded.

"No fighting I'm warning you." I said as I left to make milk. They drank and headed to bed and I tucked them in. 

"Goodnight babies. Sleep. I don't want to hear any screaming, yelling or crying understand?" I said.

"Yes Mommy..." They replied.

I decided to wait for Daehyun in my room but before I know it, I fell asleep.

 

"Eunyoung! Baekhyun! Wake up!" I heard a voice shout. I was still disorientated.

"Yah! I said wake up!! Stop sleeping!" I then realised it was Daehyun. He's home? But why was he yelling? I quickly headed to the kids' room.

"What happened? Why are you yelling at them?" I asked when I saw Daehyun's pissed off face. He ignored me.

"I said get up!" He yelled again and made Baekhyun sit up by pulling his arm.

"Did you drink? What happened? What did they do?" I asked impatiently as I tried to stop him from being so rough with the kids.

"Get up Jung Eunyoung!" Daehyun said and pulled her up the same way he did with Baekhyun.

"Stop it! What happened?!" I pried his arm away from Eunyoung.

"The two of you! Come and see what you've done!" Daehyun grabbed the both of them and led them down. The poor kids were still sleepy, they seem like they didn't know what was going on.

"Daddy! Pain!" Eunyoung said, prying his arms off her wrist.

"What are you doing?! You're hurting them!" I said as I pried his arms away from the kids. They were slightly red now.

"Can you answer me!?" I shouted.

"See what did they do!" Daehyun said, pointing to the colouring materials on the floor. Seriously, just because of that?

"So it's messy a little. I'll clean it up later. Don't need to get so worked up and wake the kids up in the middle of the night right?" I said picking up the colour pencils on the floor.

"Don't touch!" He shouted at me.

"Don't flare your anger on us because you're drunk!" I shouted, not happy with his behaviour.

"I told the kids how many times to clean up after playing. Did you know I almost tripped?! Doesn't anyone care about my feelings?!" He shouted.

"The both of you! You want Daddy to fall is it?!" He shouted. The kids looked scared. They shook their heads.

"Stop scaring them. How would they know that you'll trip?! It's my fault okay? I forgot to clean up." I said

"Clean it up now!" He shouted, pointing to the mess. The both of them ran and cleared up the mess, afraid of their dad.

"Can't they just do it tomorrow morning?!" I said, helping them.

"Go and sleep! Don't interfere with me handling the kids!" He shouted and pulled me away from them.

"How can I not interfere?! You're freaking drunk and yelling at my kids!" I shouted back.

"They're my kids too." He said coldly. He made sure the place was clean.

"The both of you! Stand and face that wall!" He shouted, pointing to a random wall. 

"What's your problem?! Did something happen?" I asked.

"I said don't interfere dammit!" He shouted and slammed his fist against the wall.

"Your punishment! Stay there and reflect. Any movement any the both of you will get it! Hear me?!" He shouted. They both of them said nothing.

"Now even the two of you are not listening?! I asked if you heard me." He shouted. The kids nodded, feeling scared.

"No crying!" He shouted and smacked their butts.

"Stop it! You're scaring them!" I pulled him away. He pushed me away and I lost my balance, my back hitting agaist the wall.

"You better don't help them I tell you. If not you'll get it as well." Daehyun dangerously warned me and went up. I needed to get to the bottom of things. 

"Don't cry. It's alright, Mommy will handle it." I said as I followed Daehyun up.

"What happened?! Did something happened at work?" I asked. Daehyun would not behave like that.

"Nothing! Nothing happened! The kids made a mess and they're getting punished for it!" He yelled at me and slammed the door in my face. I then heard the lock. I sighed and went back down.

"Mommy is Daddy angry at Youngie? Youngie is sorry... Daddy is scary." She sobbed.

"Shh... Don't cry..." I said, wiping her tears.

"Come, go back to bed." I said. 

"Daddy say we cannot move." Baekie replied.

"Mommy will handle it. Listen to Mommy okay? Go to sleep." I said.

"Mommy will you get into trouble? Will Daddy punish Mommy too?" Baekie asked.

"No no. Mommy won't get into trouble. Come, let's go up." I said.

"Poor babies. Does your wrists hurt?" I asked the both of them, looking at their slightly red wrists. What the hell was Daehyun thinking?! They shook their heads.

"Go back to sleep okay?" I said as I tucked them in again.

"Will Daddy scold?" The both of them asked.

"Don't worry about that. Sleep." I said as I gave the both of them a kiss on their foreheads.

I headed out of their room and tried opening our room door. He really locked it...

"Daedae are you okay?" I knocked the door.

"Darling?" I knocked again when he didn't reply. The lights were still on.

"I'm fine. Leave me alone." He said.

"You're not letting me in?" I asked. He said nothing and the door did not open. I went back to the kids' room and sat beside Youngie, patting her. I fell asleep with my head on her bed, heartbroken.

 

900 subs! Thank you!!! :) And thank you all who commented and upvoted! ^^