Blame

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

What. The. Hell. 

I was beyond furious when I found out that that stupid manager whom I trusted to take care of my restrauant had actually embezzled my restaurant funds after a week of investigation. So much for trusting my restaurant to him! Now, he is nowhere to be found! I couldn't control my temper. I raged in my office, throwing my stuff around. Why am I so stupid?! Why am I so careless?! I should have checked thoroughly! The details he provided were all made up! What the hell am I going to do?! Of all restaurants, why must it be mine?!

Where am I going to find the money pay my suppliers and staff? I have some funds I kept aside for emergency but that little sum won't help much and I cannot touch the money I saved for the kids' education...

My mood was ruined, totally ruined. I stayed in my office to prevent myself from flaring unnecessary at my staff or the diners. I don't want it to affect my restaurant's image.

Finally, it was the end of the day. I did something I did not do for a long time already, drink. I went to the pub alone, drowning my sorrows. Somehow, it helped a little. I was able to lie to myself everything was fine. Then, that box over there, it was calling out to me. I tried to resist the urge but I wasn't strong enough. I gave in to temptation and after years of controlling, I... I puffed my first stick after such a long time. I almost forgot the taste of it but at that time, it was something I need. The feeling was good, I needed it to forget about the pain, even if it's just temporary. Stick after stick, I lost count how many I smoked. It didn't matter though. I felt good. 

At about 3am, I decided that it was time to head home. I need some comfort. I need my princess. I speeded home.

When I reached home, the table was filled with food she cooked for me. While I was walking towards the table, I tripped over something. It blew my top off. I could not control my anger. Even my kids are making my life difficult! I stomped up to their room and woke them up. It was the perfect way to vent my anger, by punishing them... I felt like I was going crazy, I needed to let it out!

I came home hoping to find comfort but instead there the house was, in a mess! I told them how many times to clean up after they play, why aren't they listening to me? Are my words bull to them? The incident made me sick, now even my kids want to get on my nerves?!

Jieun was there siding the kids, so now what? I'm not even capable to displine my kids?! The kids are like that because she always spoil them! My head hurts from their cries. 

"Stop it! You're scaring them!" Jieun pulled me away from them when I was displining them. I did not mean to push her, she was in the way.

"You better don't help them I tell you. If not you'll get it as well." I warned her. 

"What happened?! Did something happened at work?" She questioned as she followed me up. I slammed the door not wanting her to question me.

"Nothing! Nothing happened! The kids made a mess and they're getting punished for it!" I didn't know why I kept the truth from her.

"Daedae are you okay?" She asked when I came out from the bathroom. I didn't want to reply.

"Darling?" She called again.

"I'm fine. Leave me alone." I said. 

 

I woke up the with a splitting headache. Where's Jieun? I looked around but she wasn't beside me.

I went to check on the kids. Jieun was asleep on the chair with her head on Youngie's bed. Was she in that position the whole night? I covered her with Youngie's extra blanket. Bad move, she woke up.

"Darling..." She rubbed her eyes. I left the room not wanting to answer her questions.

"Wait! What happened? I know you didn't mean what you did. Share with me?" Jieun said, grabbing onto my wrist.

"Are you mocking me?! Are you saying I have trouble controlling my emotions?!" I flared. 

"No, I don't mean it that way. I'm just concerned about you." She said.

"Ya right, concerned." I spat.

"What happened? Maybe I can help? I'm really worried Daehyun-ah." She said. She was getting on my nerves.

"You want to know what happened?! That stole my restaurant money! Where the hell am I going to find cash to pay my suppliers and staff?!" I shouted, frustrated.

"Who?" She asked.

"That manager! Who else could have known about such private stuff?!" I shouted.

"I'm sure there is a way out. Chill please, don't wake the kids up... Maybe Oppa can help?" Jieun tried calming me down but I wasn't listening.

"The kids, the kids, every damn thing to you is about the kids now!" I shouted. She said nothing.

"What way out? Asking your oppa for help is the same as saying I'm uncapable of handling my own problems! You want the world to know how weak your husband is?!" I yelled at her.

"No, I'm just-" She said but I cut her off.

"Just what?! What's the difference? It's no difference telling me straight in the face I'm weak! You know what?! This is all your fault!" I blamed her for it.

"What? How is it my fault?!" She shouted back.

"If you didn't have gone into depression, I wouldn't have been in a rush to look for someone to take care of my restaurant. Maybe then my money will still be with me!" I said. I didn't know why such words left my mouth but I couldn't take it back, can I?

"Wh-What? I can't believe you're blaming me... I... So it's my fault... I...I'm sorry then...  Blame me if you want. The kids have nothing to do with it so don't vent your anger on them. If you want vent on me instead..." She said. Tears flowing down her face.

"I..." My words got stuck.

"I'm sorry..." She apologized and ran back to the kids' room, closing the door. I should do something but my legs wouldn't move.

Everything has been so smooth recently, I just cannot accept that I'm facing such things...

 

 

Am I lucky or what? hahah! BAP comeback concepts always suits my fic during that period. hahah! Then was One Shot, now it's Badman. LOL!! But I don't even know anything about Badman other than the title. hahaha~

And this is why I don't write drunk Dae a lot because he can be quite crazy when drunk. He's drunk, the way he thinks doesn't really make sense.

I apologize for such a short chapter and how y it turned out to be...