Happily Ever After? No such thing.

Happily Ever After?

Whoops~ I kinda write my stories on different days and totally neglected the fact that I didn't mention about Daehyun changing in the previous chapter. Yes, he did change out of his towel since his kids were around. He changed when they were cleaning up the wall and splashing water at each other. When he was on the bed, he was already in his pants. haha~ I didn't know Daehyun in a towel would get that much attention. HAHAHAHA! Oh well, enjoy the last (long) chapter! 

Jieun's POV

I frowned in my sleep when I heard noise and my bed moving. After watching a movie with Daehyun, which he forced me to, I ended sleeping later than him. 

"Shhh!! Mommy's sleeping! Princess stop bouncing on the bed!" I heard my Daehyun speaking softly. Ah, guessed as much. My little rascal. I tried going back to sleep because I'm still tired.

"Daddy! Can we go out please? It's boring at home and we didn't go out together for a very very very very very long time!!" I heard Youngie's voice. 

"Shh!! Not so loud!" Daehyun said.

"Mmphh Mmphh!!" I heard sounds. I'm guessing Daehyun covered that noisy princess mouth.

"Sleep. So noisy." Daehyun said.

"I don't want!!" She whined and started kicking, I assumed. I guess with this noise, I will never go back to sleep again. I opened my eyes tiredly.

"Mommy!" Baekie greeted a little hesitant the moment I opened my eyes. How can he be this quiet? I didn't even notice he was between Daehyun and I. Or was it that Youngie was too noisy?

"Morning baby~" I smiled.

"Who's the noisy one who woke Mommy up?" I frowned and scolded playfully, not meaning it at all. Youngie was in Daehyun's arms while Baekie was sitting obediently in between Daehyun and I.

"Not me!" Youngie shouted.

"Yah~ Not you?!" Daehyun poked her nose lightly.

"But Mommy was sure I heard a little girl's voice." I said, eyeing her. She made a face at me and snuggled up to Daehyun. This crazy girl.

"I heard something about going out. Who wants to go out?" I asked.

"ME ME ME!!!" Youngie shouted as she crawled towards me and laid on my stomach. I gave her a peck on her forehead.

"Baekie? Why so quiet? You okay?" I asked as I cupped his cheek. He looked down. Oh. I get it. I scolded him yesterday because he was making too much noise and he hit Youngie on her head causing her to bawl her eyes out.

"Baby, it's okay, it's over already. Don't take it to heart. Youngie is fine now right?" I said. I didn't want him to keep thinking about those type of incidents, it'll be unhealthy.

"What happened?" Daehyun asked, lost.

"Nothing. Everything's good now right baby?" I said as I tickled Baekie's chin lightly. He nodded with a small smile. I didn't want to bring it up again because I want him to know that he's forgiven. Daehyun got my point and didn't probe further.

"So where do you both want to go?" I asked.

"OUT!!!" The two of them shouted at the same time.

"But I have to work." Daehyun said. His words were like pouring cold water onto the kids and myself.

"Daddy's always like that! Work work work." Youngie threw a tantrum. She was right, he was always busy. Ever since Baekie recovered, we have yet to have a decent outing as a family.

"Sweetie, don't be like that. Daddy's really busy..." I said, hoping Youngie wouldn't create too much of a fuss out of it because it kinda reminded of the time I was like her. But I understood where she was coming from. She just wanted Daehyun to be able to go out on family trips with us rather than just the three of us go shopping without him. I know how much she misses spending time with Daehyun.

"Sweetie!" I shouted when Youngie pouted and ran back to her room.

"Go wash up. I'll humour her." I said to Daehyun as I got up.

Daehyun then made a phonecall.

"Cancel all my appointments today. I've a meeting with very important people." Daehyun said.

"No buts, I've decided, just help me settle it. Thank you." Daehyun said and within seconds, he ended the call.

"I'll get her~ I don't want a grumpy princess during our outing right?" Daehyun smiled as he gave me a kiss, leaving me with Baekie in our room a little stunned. 

"Mommy, we're going out?" Baekie asked excitedly.

"I think so. That's what I heard Daddy say." I told him. So sweet, I was touched how he cancelled all his appointments just to spend the entire day with us, very important people. It's little things like this he does that makes me so attracted to him. The fact that he puts us first before everything else just warms my heart.

I held Baekie's hand and we walked towards where Youngie was, in the kids room. Youngie was lying on her bed, poking the teddy bear that Daehyun bought for her. Daehyun sat on her bed and held on to her shoulder.

"Sweetheart, where do you want to go? Daddy will bring you." Daehyun said, trying to get her attention but Youngie was obviously ignoring him.

"Baby, we can go out now! Daddy doesn't have to work today! Are you happy?" Daehyun asked energetically but Youngie was still poking the teddy. Daehyun looked at me, asking me for help with pleading eyes.

"Baby~ Daddy has already said we'll go out today, isn't Youngie supposed to be happy? Daddy had to cancel his appointments to make his little princess happy. Shouldn't Youngie stop ignoring Daddy? My princess was really excited and looking forward to it right?" I said as I slowly made her face me, taking the teddy from her.

"All three of you are the most important people to Daddy okay? Daddy don't want to see Youngie upset. Where does my little princess want to go?" Daehyun carried her and placed her on his lap, shaking his legs lightly.

"Sorry Daddy..." My little girl hugged Daehyun. So cute.

"Aww it's alright. Daddy is not mad. On a second thought, Daddy is hurt. Maybe Youngie's kiss will make Daddy feel better?" Daehyun said. Without even hesitating, Youngie kissed Daehyun on his lips. This Daehyun, alway resorting to such tricks.

"How about we go to the beach?" Daehyun suggested, obviously happy with the kiss.

"Yay beach!!!" Youngie and Baekie shouted, startling the both of us. 

"The beach it is then! Let's get the both of you ready!" Daehyun said as he carried her to the bathroom. 

Daehyun changed the kids into comfortable wear and packed some extra set of clothing for them while I prepared some light snacks for them, the forever hungry family.

"Off we go!" I said as I helped them put on matching shades that I got for them awhile back but never got to use it. They weren't those high fashion or branded ones, they were the ones that would protect your eyes but had crazy designs and patterns on it. The kids started laughing as we headed towards the car.

During the ride to the beach, the kids were so hyper. The were singing to random songs, sometimes at the top of their voices and made us sing along with them. Daehyun winded down the windows and they screamed and cheered at the strong winds, enjoying it very much. 

"Is this what they always do when you bring them out?" Daehyun asked.

"Yea~ but they're much more cheerful today since it's a family outing." I replied.

"I'm glad I cancelled all my appointments. I was missing out so much of the fun!" Daehyun replied.

"Now you know. But please don't neglect your work because of this. You can pamper them once in awhile. Do it too much and they will start to take it for granted." I told him. He nodded.

"Wait, then you'll have more time with them! Don't think I don't know what you're planning." Daehyun said. 

"What? No. I really don't have that kind of intentions!" I quickly replied. I don't want him to think that I want the kids to spend more time with me than him because it's not true.

"I know~ I'm just joking silly." Daehyun smiled, teasing me. Does he really like seeing me panick like that?!

"But still, no outings without me unless it's to visit me. I'll get jealous. I promise to make time for you and them and of course, us." Daehyun admitted. This boy~ I nodded.

"Daddy are we reaching?! I'm hungry!!" Baekie shouted.

"Maybe about 20 minutes time. Sit still baby~" Daehyun replied. He was bouncing on the seat.

"So longgggg!!!" Youngie replied.

"Daddy is going very fast already. Like a speed racer!" I told her. She looked out of the windows. Now, it was just the aircon as Daehyun had winded up the windows. We didn't want them to catch a cold.

"Babies we're here!" I said once Daehyun parked the car. So cute, no wonder it was so quiet. The both of them were already fast asleep with Youngie's head resting on Baekie's shoulder and his head resting on hers.

"Wakey~" I said as I tapped them lightly, waking them up. The both of them got up and rubbed their eyes. 

"We've reached!" I said. The both of them looked around for awhile before letting out a loud cheer.

"Let's go. Hold Mommy's hand. We'll find a shady spot." I said as I held the both of them on each side.

"Yah!! The three of you are not helping Daddy again!!!" Daehyun yelled. The both of them started laughing. I actually forgot that there were things to be carried. I was as excited as them.

"Do you need help?" I asked, pulling the kids back.

"Nah it's fine. You just hold onto the kids." Daehyun smiled. I guess he was just grumbling for fun, he didn't mind carrying the food and the other beach stuff. Baekie ended helping Daehyun to take the beach ball.

Once we found a shaded area and settled down, we started eating because they were hungry.

"Don't gobble your food. There's enough for everyone." I told the three of them. It was of no use. They ate slowly for a few mouthfuls before gobbling down their food again.

After eating, we took off our clothes as we wore swimsuits underneath them. I was pleasantly surprised. We even had matching swimsuits! Daehyun didn't tell me when I changed into my swimsuit.

"You look so y and beautiful~" Daehyun whispered in my ear. Before I could even react, he walked away. This husband of mine, what a sweet talker.

"Aww look at the both of you! So handsome and pretty!" I said, adjusting their swimsuits and applied sunscreen for them. The two little naughty kids ended helping me apply my sunscreen when I was hoping Daehyun would be the one applying it for me.

"Who wants to play in the waters?" Daehyun asked. Baekie replied enthusiastically. We headed towards the waters when Youngie suddenly pulled me by my hand, dragging me away from the water.

"What's wrong Sweetie? I thought you were looking forward to it?" I asked as I got down to her level.

"Don't want! Scared!" She said as she hugged me.

"Why are you afraid?" I asked.

"Oppa..." She said. Then I remembered that incident. I looked at Baekie, he was already having fun with Daehyun.

"But no one is blaming you for it." I said, caressing her back.

"Nooo... I don't want..." She said, almost crying.

"Princess, it's a long time ago. Mommy assure you nothing is going to happen okay? Youngie won't fall, Baekie won't fall. None of us will fall okay?" I said slowly walking towards the water, with her in my arms.

"No no no!!" She kicked about in my arms.

"Baby~ It's not scary. How about Mommy bring you to the edge where the waves crashes? It'll only be below your knees. If you're still scared then Mommy will sit out with you? Is that okay?" I said. 

"Don't let go of Youngie okay?" She looked at me so pitifully, which was quite adorable.

"Mommy will never let you go." I said as I slowly let her down, near the waves. The waves crashed onto her legs and she started giggling. 

"See? It's fun right? Mommy didn't let go of Youngie." I said, still holding her hands. She nodded, smiling at me.

"Babes! What are the both of you doing outside of the water? Get in! It's fun!" Daehyun shouted with ocassional splashes from Baekie who was really enjoying himself. I said nothing but pointed at Youngie. I guess Daehyun got the message and brought Baekie towards us.

"That incident must have scarred her." I said to Daehyun softly. 

"Leave her to me~" Daehyun assured as he started talking to Youngie.

"Does Youngie want to go deeper?" Daehyun asked. Youngie looked so troubled, like we gave her some difficult question like deciding which flavour of ice cream we should get. But I could tell she wanted to go deeper and enjoy what Baekie was enjoying. It was just that she was still afraid.

"How about Daddy carry Youngie in? Or do you want to ride on Daddy's back?" Daehyun asked.

"Back." She mumbled.

"Back it is! Hop on!" He said, crouching down for her.

"Don't let go okay baby girl? Trust Daddy, he's a good swimmer." I said as I helped her onto his back.

"Baby! Not too tight around Daddy's neck! He can't breathe!" I laughed a little seeing her worried face.

"Daddy won't let anything happen to you. I'll just go a little deeper and then we'll come back." Daehyun said as he walked deeper into the waters. Of course, he didn't go too deep, somewhere where the waters were around his waist area. Youngie was really putting her 100% trust on Daehyun. I could hear her giggles. While waiting for him to come back, Baekie and I started splashing water at each other. He was having so much fun. After splashing, I grew a little tired. I sat and let the waves crash onto my legs. 

"Don't go too far okay? When I call for you please come back okay? Mommy's really serious about this." I said to Baekie who was still very hyper. He nodded.

I didn't know what he was doing but he was crawling along the shore. 

"Isn't it painful?" I asked him. 

"No Mommy!" He replied still engrossed with whatever he was doing. After awhile, he seemed like he found what he was looking for and ran back towards me, crashing onto my body.

"Aigoo, my baby~" I said as I caught him in time.

"Mommy for you!" He said as he showed me a very pretty seashell. So young yet so good at such stuff. I hope he won't grow up doing this to too many girls. Hee~

"Thank you sweetheart." I said as I gave him a peck. Even though it was just a seashell, it was one that was handpicked by my baby boy, specially for me.

"I want Mommy to wear it!" He said as he stepped on my thighs and put the seashell on my head like an accessory. Him stepping on my thighs was a little painful and ticklish but I was smiling throughout. I'm really blessed with kids so lovable.

"How does Mommy look?" I asked him, making a pose, entertaining him.

"The prettiest Mommy in the whole wide world!" He smiled and then sat on my thighs, trying to bury my knees.

"Oppa!!" Youngie shouted as Daehyun came back with her. When Baekie turned, Youngie immediately placed some seaweed on Baekhyun's head. I have a huge feeling that this was Daehyun's idea.

"Oppa is my Unnie now!" She started laughing but Baekie wasn't looking too happy about it. 

"I don't want to be a girl!!" He frowned and removed the seaweed from his head. Now, even Youngie looked a little pissed. The both of them were glaring at each other.

"Yah~ The both of you, stop it now. Daddy brought all of you out to have fun, not to fight. If the both of you are going to continue being grumpy at each other, we'll leave and never coming back here." Daehyun said.

"Daddy told Youngie to do it!" Youngie pointed at Daehyun. Why am I not surprised? It was kinda funny seeing him talk sense to the kids when in fact, he's the main culprit.

"Daddy!!" Baekie frowned at him.

"Okay okay, Daddy's sorry okay? Don't frown anymore." He rubbed the area between his eyebrows. 

"I see you're in the middle of doing something." Daehyun said as he eyed my legs.

"I think Mommy wants to be covered with sand!" Daehyun said as he started throwing sand onto my legs, helping Baekhyun. Youngie joined them as well. Seeing them so happy and working together makes me so happy and proud. 

"Only to Mommy's waist okay? Don't aim at Mommy's face, it's dangerous." Daehyun warned them.

"Yes Daddy!!" They exclaimed loudly as they continued piling sand on me.

After covering me with sand and removing them from my body, we built sandcastles together, swam a little with them on our backs, not too far into the waters. 

"Kids are you both hungry?" I asked.

"No!" Youngie and Baekie said at the same time while Daehyun replied yes. I somehow knew that it was because they wanted to play more which was why they said they were not hungry.

"But it's getting dark soon and it's gonna be high tide. Should we grab something to eat?" I said. The both of them pouted at me, I wanted to pinch their cheeks, so cute~

"Are we leaving?" Youngie asked sadly.

"Aww what's with that face? This is the first time you came, it won't be your last okay? Mommy and Daddy promise to bring the both of you back again if you two really like playing here." I told them nicely.

"Okay! One last time in the water please!!!" Youngie said, cupping her hands together. I'm glad she overcome her little fear of waters.

"Come on!" Daehyun held the both of their hands and brought them to the water again and then carried them back.

The both of them were being really good kids by helping me clean up.

"Towel!" I said as I wanted to wrap the both of them in their towels. I don't want them to catch a cold. They ran away from me instead.

"Babies!" I called. Knowing that I was serious, they ran back and I dried them with the towels. We went to the public bathrooms and gave them a quick bath and changed them into a new set of clothes which Daehyun packed. How cute, he brought matching tees for all of us.

"Mommy.... Carry please...." Youngie pleaded, raising her arms after I was done showering her. I guess she was tired after all the running and playing, I gladly carried her. 

We met the boys at our car and Daehyun drove off to a fast food restaurant. I guessed the both of them were feeling the after effects of a long day at the beach, they were really quiet, even eating with their eyes closed.

"Baby, chew your food." I almost laughed when I saw Baekie's eyes closed and mouth not moving even though there were food in there. It was quite comical seeing him move his mouth again with his eyes closed. After dinner, we drove home seeing how tired the kids were. We got them ready for bed and tucked them in.

"Did you enjoy today Sweetheart?" Daehyun asked Youngie as he tucked her in. She nodded with a tired smile.

"Did you?" I asked Baekie, soothing his hair. He nodded, eyes closed.

"I promise we'll have more outings like this okay?" Daehyun said to Youngie. I didn't hear any reply from her. I guess she was fast asleep.

"Sleep well my babies~" I said as we gave the both of them goodnight kisses and headed to our room.

"Finally! Time to the both of us! Alone!" Daehyun wriggled his eyebrows. I gave him a look.

"What? I was waiting the entire day for this!" Daehyun said he scooped me up into his arms.

"What are you doing?!" I said, not too loud, fearing that I would wake the kids up. I doubt so though, they were already in deep sleep.

"What else?" He said as he placed me gently on the bed and got onto the bed with me. Before he started anything, I opened my mouth.

"Thank you for today. The kids really had fun." I said, really happy that he made time for us despite his busy schedule.

"Most importantly, did you have fun?" He asked me, caressing my cheek. I nodded as I pecked his lips. Seeing our whole family play together was the most fun for me. 

"I love you." I said, snuggling up to him.

"I love you more~" He replied, spamming my face with light kisses.

"Princess~" He said when he pulled apart.

"Hmmm?" I questioned.

"I'm not going to promise you happily ever after because there's no such thing as happily ever after." He said. My heart unknowingly turned a little cold at his words.

"But I promise you, I will never leave you and I will make you as happy as possible in future. I know I'm lacking so much but I'll try my best to make you the happiest wife on earth." He added. I was touched by his words. It was quite some time since he said such words to me, not that I needed them constantly but it makes me feel really loved hearing those words from him.

"You're not lacking in any way. I'm already the happiest wife on earth." I hugged him. From hugs to kisses to touches, we ended up having a really good night. (if you know what I mean~)

 

THE END~