Change

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

I spent some time with the Mblaq guys today. Since Joonie oppa wasn't my bodyguard anymore, I don't see any harm if we hang out as friends. Just so that today they had no plans, we decided to hang out. They were all really friendly and they pampered me like crazy maybe because I'm Oppa's sister. I can't deny that it kinda make me feel good, like a princess to have people pampering me, how often in the past was I showered with this much friends? 

They then dropped me off at Daehyun's restaurant but then decided to stay for a bite. When I entered the restaurant, he seemed really happy talking with some of the waitresses. Oh well, what can I say? He's a nice boss.

"Baby~" I walked up to him, hugging him from his back.

"Aww Daehyun baby~ Your princess is here~" The Mblaq boys teased us. I rolled my eyes but smiled at their silliness.

Daehyun turned and smiled at me before giving me a kiss.

"There's customers now, start working." Daehyun said nicely, as he 'shoo' them away.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked, curious.

"Nothing much. Just some random stuff and some cold jokes. What made you drop by today?" He asked as he walked me to the counter looking at the sweet treats.

"Do I need to have a reason to see my hardworking boyfriend?" I asked. 

"You're guilty right?" He asked playfully.

"What guilty?" I said as I pointed to the cake I wanted.

"You did not drop by for a long time!" He pouted.

"You were busy too! Sorry okay? I'm here now!" I said as I fed him a slice.

"So drama~" I laughed.

"What drama!?" He exclaimed.

"Even though I didn't drop by often, I still dropped by your house." I said, eating the cake. While he just smiled.

"So you're hanging out with Mblaq again?" He asked. 

"Mmmhmm!" I nodded, still eating.

"Why?" He asked. 

"Must there be a reason for me to hang out with friends?" I laughed. Apparently, he did not think that it was a joke.

"They were free so they took me out." I said.

"Oh." Was he all that he said. Was he unhappy or something? Oh well, I pushed those thoughts to the back of my head and he spent time with me.

 

 

Daehyun's POV

"Darling what are you doing?" I asked when I saw her messing around my wardrobe. What? Aunty was standing beside her rummaging through my clothes.

"Just clearing some stuff for you. Gosh, how old is this thing?!" She said as she flung one of my leather jackets out.

"Hey, put that back. I like that jacket a lot." I said, feeling hurt that she could just throw it like it meant nothing.

"I'll get you a new one. This one is made of cheap material. No point keeping it." She said like it was the most natural thing to say.

"How can you just throw my things away without even asking me?" I asked, dusting the jacket.

"What? It's not like i'm not getting a new one for you. I saw a similar one but it's made from quality leather, definitely better than that one." She said.

How could she say things like that? Like that jacket meant nothing to her? That was one of the jackets that she had bought for me using her own means. She even saved to buy that jacket for me when she was working part time.. She was the one who told me to treasure it and now, she treats it like a piece of trash?

""But I like this jacket. I don't stop you from buying stuff but please, don't throw my stuff away." I said, sounding annoyed.

"But it's old!" She tried to 'reason' as she continued to browse my wardrobe for old clothes.

"But it's what you bought for me with your hard earned money!" I grabbed her hands to stop her from moving.

"What's the difference? I'm gonna be the one who is giving you your new jacket anyway." She said.

"You can give me whatever you want to give me but don't throw my stuff away." I said firmly.

"Not appreciating my help at all." She mumbled.

"How is this helping?" I asked. Whatever she was saying today sound ridiculous to me.

"How is it not? I'm just getting rid of old stuff for you to make space for new ones." She explained.

"I told you I don't need you to keep buying things for me." I said, frustrated. After a long day of work and she's being like that.

"How is buying stuf for my boyfriend wrong?!" She suddenly raised her voice.

"I don't want to argue with you. You are obviously not in the mood. You buy whatever you want but don't touch my stuff if you're planning to throw them away." I said tiredly.

"Fine! I'm going home!" She said. I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down.

"It's late, why don't you stay?" I asked her nicely, as I let out a yawn.

"I want to go home." She said coldly. What is wrong with her? Agrhh.

"Fine. I'll drop you." I said.

"No need. I drove here. Go sleep if you're so tired. Come Aunty, let's go." She said as she headed out. I let out a sigh. After weeks of being all sweet and nice, she sounds like she wants to start an argument.

I was so darn tired from work I fell asleep almost immediately.

The next day she acted like nothing happened. Well, if to her nothing happened, then nothing happened. When I came home from work, she was already waiting for me for dinner. After dinner, I offered to wash the dishes since she was the one who was cooking. She told me it was Aunty who prepared them and then told me Aunty would be coming anytime soon to wash the dishes. There was no such arrangement like that before.

"It's fine, she can go back and rest." I said heading towards the sink.

"Don't. It's dirty. I already asked her to come. Just let her do her job, I'm the one paying her." She said. Why did it sound like she was speaking french to me? 

"Sit, watch this new variety show with me!" She smiled as she dragged me to the couch.

Why do I feel that she changed? 

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing!!

I don't write ~ hahaha~ and Baekhyun's role? I'll leave it for you guys to guess. hehehehe! Aww babies????