Grumpy Princess

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"Princess~" Daehyun called when I was folding the clothes. He snuck his arms around me and  gave me a kiss on my cheek. 

"Hmmm?" I asked. He then started to disturb me. He blew air onto my neck and into my ears. This crazy boy. I think he got this habit from Baekie.. Baekie would always 'annoy' Youngie like that because she would would always get violent when he tickles her  so he ended up blowing air into her ears where she would laugh instead.

"What are you doing?" He asked even though he could see me. I gave him a look.

"Okay okay. Kidding." He said as he plopped himself on the couch where I was folding.

"Aren't you going to help me?" I asked, pouting slightly.

"You want me to?" He asked. Why is he so annoying today?

"I don't know. It's fine. You can sit there like a boss, shaking your legs while I'll be the maid okay? You own me anyway. " I grumbled.

"Princess! You know it's not like that." Daehyun said seriously.

"Not like what?" I asked, not that I wanted to pick up a fight with him. I was grumpy okay?

"Why are you behaving like the kids?" He asked, clearly irritated.

"Now what? I can't get angry now?" I argued.

"Why are you angry?!" He shouted back.

"I don't know! It's your fault!" I glared at him as I folded the clothes roughly.

"Stop it. Stop folding already." He said as he hugged me from the back, trapping my arms.

"What?! Now you're even stopping me from doing my work?!" I said angrily.

"You know I don't mean that..." He said, sounding sad.

"No I don't. I don't know what you mean. I don't know what is real what is not anymore!" I shouted.

"Stop shouting, the kids are asleep. I love you. You belong to me, yes, but I don't own you... Can we not have such conversations again? I don't want you to get hurt all over again. I'm sorry for saying those things okay? Please forget about them. You're being like the kids~" He said as he spun me around and cupped my cheeks.

"Do you know how much that one line has affected me ? Every night the line keeps repeating in my head. It hurts a lot." I told him the truth. I know but I just couldn't help it.

"I'm so sorry Darling... I really am. Please, please, please, don't take those words to heart. Forget about it okay?" He said as he pulled me in for a hug again, my head.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." I said after a while.

"Why the sudden grumpiness?" Daehyun asked.

"I don't know! Your fault!" I pouted.

"I think I know why." He smiled. I raised my eyebrows.

"You're jealous right?" He smirked.

"What? You have a new girl now?" I asked sadly. He flicked my forehead.

"Aish! Stop thinking about all that okay?! I meant to say you're jealous of the kids right?" He said as he sat and pulled me onto his lap. He was spot on though.

"No." I lied, looking away.

"Ahhh~ So that's the reason why you're suddenly angry towards me. Come on, you think I don't know my own princess? " He smiled. I said nothing.

"Of course, Youngie and Baekie had their time with me but their Mommy haven't and that's why Mommy is upset and jealous right?" He said as he hugged my waist.

"I already expect that I would be last anyway." I said. Although sometimes I wished I would get humoured first but I know that the kids come first because they're more sensitive than me  but it wouldn't hurt if I showed a little unhappiness right? I just wanted to be pampered by him sometimes. I was just slightly jealous. Not a big deal though.

"What last? The moment you came back I spent my time with you already!" Daehyun said as he planted kisses on my cheek.

"How does that even count?! You brought the other two out!" I said.

"So where do you want to go my Princess?" He asked.

"Are you crazy? The kids will be left alone." I said.

"I knew you would say that." He said as he lifted me up. To be honest, I was just grumbling for fun. I know very well it would be difficult to go out with him and I'm really okay with it. Anywhere with him is fine.

"Where are you taking me to?" I asked as I hugged his neck.

"The room?" He said.

"Wait here." He said as he placed me on the bed and left. I waited for him to come back.

"Back!" He smiled as he entered the room with wine and biscotti. It was just a light snack but I think it's quite romantic in a way.

Daehyun rested his back against the headboard and I leant on his chest. We shared that glass of wine and he fed me the finger food. Even though it was just a simple gesture, I enjoyed it a lot, just being with him, I'm contented. It didn't matter if we weren't at some fancy restaurant because it's the company that mattered the most right?

"Here. A gift for my love." He said as he took out something. I gave him a look.

"Pamper yourself and the kids. Buy anything you want." He said as he handed him his new card.

"I don't want. " I said, pushing his hand away.

"Why not? Take this as an apology gift from me." He said.

"What are you trying to say? Do you think I'm with you for money?" I asked, a little upset.

"I didn't say that..." He mumbled.

"Whatever..." I said as I lied on the bed. The mood was totally ruined.

"What's with you again?" He asked.

"Is this how you see me? I'm with you just for your money? Why can't you see that it's not the money that I need but my husband? Why are you giving me money? It's just another excuse for me to go shopping alone? What's with giving me the money when I can't spend it with you? Are you even that busy that you can't even go out with me and the kids? That you have to give me your card?" I asked.

"Ahh... Sorry Darling~ I didn't know I would appear like this. I guess the days without you has really screwed my thinking. Sorry..." He snuck his arms around me. 

"Forgiven." I said as I hugged him back. Honestly, I didn't know why my fuse was this short. I shouldn't have gotten angry this easily. 

"Sorry... Cranky again~" I pouted. He messed my hair up and landed kissed on the crown of my head. He then started getting more intimate with me. I knew what he was doing but... I wasn't feeling right.

"What's wrong? I missed you and we haven't done this in a long time..." He sulked.

"Just... don't... I'm not as young as last time, I don't want you to feel unsatisfied..." I said, feeling horrible. I can't help thinking about that.

"Shut up." Daehyun said playfully and smacked his lips onto mine.

I wanted to be cool with it but the past images played in my head. I was... afraid. I squeezed my eyes shut and looked away.

"Princess, are you okay?" Daehyun asked, probably sensing something was wrong.

"I... I'm sorry." I said. Why can't I just leave that incident behind?

"It's me right?" He asked sadly. I couldn't bring myself to deny it. I said nothing.

"I'm sorry for hurting you again and again. Please please please, forget about those unhappy stuff." He said as he cupped my cheek.

Why the hell am I still thinking of the past? Shouldn't I be happier now that he's healthy and that I have him by my side? 

"I'm fine... I'll try to not think of such stuff." I said. I don't want him to be affected as well.

"Maybe now is not the right time?" He asked.

"No. I'm really okay." I said.

"You sure?" He asked. I nodded. We had a passionate night.

 

The next day, Daehyun went back to work. Since the kids were having their holidays now, they even woke up early and accompanied Daehyun to work without complaints. This two sweeties.

"Be good okay?" Daehyun said as he said goodbye to them. 

"Yes Daddy!" The both of them shouted.

"So noisy~" He pinched their noses. They grinned at them.

He then gave me a kiss before going in.

"Mommy let's go out!  I want to go out!" Youngie bounced up and down.

I held hands with the both of them and we went sightseeing and shopping before heading back home for dinner.

Daehyun would be late today and he told me not to wait for him. I still wanted to though but I ended falling asleep on the couch.

"Why did you lie to me?!" I heard a voice say and I woke up.

"Lie to you?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me the money was from Seungho hyung?!" Daehyun asked angrily.

"You.. You found out?" I mumbled. He was glaring hard at me. Oh no...