Preparation

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

It's every girl's dream to have a memorable wedding. Even if they don't say so themselves, I think they secretly would also want a memorable and beautiful wedding. We have decided to keep things simple, just a simple ceremony and a banquet with our close friends. I was definitely fine with it since I don't have many people to invite.

Daehyun was just relaxing on his bed while I was looking through the various hotel brochures, deciding which hotel ballroom would suit us. 

"Daedae, don't disturb me..." I said as he was disturbing me, poking and kissing me at random places, on my back, my arms, my head and stuff and hugged me.

"How is this disturbing?" He asked as he continued to shower me with little kisses.

"You're not helping! Which hotel do you think we should book for our wedding?" I asked, showing him the brochures.

"What's this? We should be looking at the beds and not these ballrooms." Daehyun said as he took the brochures from me and threw it aside.

"Daedae! BE SERIOUS!" I shouted.

"How am I not serious about it?" he asked, giving me a look.

"Aish! ert!" I threw a bolster at him.

"What?! Don't bother looking at any of these ballrooms. I am not gonna choose to have our wedding in any of those places. How can I give you such a cliche wedding?" He said.

"Not in the ballrooms then where?" I asked. He got up from the bed.

"Where are you going? Stop avoiding this!" I said. We had already spent quite some time just on selecting the venue itself.

"Why is my Fiancee so noisy?" He said when he came back with his laptop. I stuck out my tongue.

"You have other better hotels to choose?" I asked. 

"Choose one." He said as he handed me his laptop and then rested his arms at the back of his head. When I saw the screen, my eyes widen and my jaws dropped.

"Er... What are these???" I asked.

"Boats?" He stated the obvious. 

"Tsk. I know. But why?" I asked.

"I told you I'll give you a special wedding. Have it on a boat. Choose one." He smiled. It feels like a dream. Never in my life did I expect myself to have such a beautiful wedding or even mary a wonderful guy like him.

"Why are you crying? The last time I remembered, you're not seasick, are you?" He asked, concerned.

"What happened?!" He asked again when I said nothing but bury my face into his chest, hugging him.

"Why are you so good to me?" I asked. He let out a laugh.

"Silly girl! If I'm not good to you then who?" He said.

"If you're guilty, then just treat me as well in future." He said. I nodded. 

We ended up selecting the boat which was able to accomodate our guests and had a pretty design.

 

The next few days, I was busy with the other preparation for the wedding. I didn't know preparing for one would be this tedious. I always imagined weddings to be blissful and everything that is sweet, totally forgeting the fact that we had to prepare loads of things just to give ourselves a memorable wedding. I had to take note of the slightest details from the decoration to the food, everything. I felt like I had so many things to do which did affect my mood.

"Daedae, what colours should we use for our table and chair cloth? Light pink or white or light purple? Blue? Or any colours that you like?" I asked him as I called him. Since he was usually busy in the restaurant and would get home tired and all, I did most of the things but I would always ask him for his opinion since it'll be our wedding, not mine alone.

"Hmmm... Up to you babe, anything you want. As long as you're happy, I'm fine with any colour." He said. Instead of feeling happy that he sounded so sweet, I was annoyed. 

"You have been saying this for all the other things I asked for your opinion in! Can't you just give me your opinion?" I was frustrated.

"Why what's wrong? Why are you scolding me when I allowed you to make all the decisions on how you want the wedding to be? Aren't you supposed to be happy?" He asked. I almost slammed the phone.

 

Daehyun's POV

Sometimes I really wonder why are girls so hard to please. You give them all the rights to make decisions so that they will have a wedding they want and then they scold you for not making the decisions? I really don't understand. Shouldn't she be glad that she has all the say in whatever she wants? I was that accomodating.

"Do you know how I feel every time I ask you for your opinion and you tell me those 'anything' kind of answer? I feel like you're not part of it. I feel like you don't care about anything. I feel like I'm marrying to myself rather than marrying to you!" She shouted.

Oh, so that's the reason... I suddenly felt bad. She was right... I never thought of it this way. I always thought they would want everything to go according to them, to their likes. But she wanted us to do it together.

"Princess I-" She cut me off.

"Nevermind. Pretend I didn't call. You're busy. Bye." She said.

"Wait!" I shouted, too late, she hung up.

I tried to call her back but she did not answer. Humouring my girl is more important. I left the restaurant and drove back home.

"Princess, I'm home." I called when I saw her scrolling a webpage. She ignored me. I hugged her from her back.

"Let go of me." She said grumpily.

"Princess, I'm sorry... I thought you would want to make the decisions so I let you be. I should have known that you would prefer us to make them together. You should have told me earlier instead of shouting at me. I'm sorry okay?" I said. She kept quiet but at least she did not remove my hands that were around her shoulders.

"I thought you were at the restaurant?" She asked. I knew she wouldn't stay mad at an issue like this for long.

"Nothing is more important than humouring my princess." I said as I pulled her out of the roller chair.

"Sweet talker~" She said.

"Take a rest. I don't want you to stress over the wedding... I want to see a beautiful bride on the day, not a zombie." I said.

"I look like a zombie?!" She asked, pointing to her face. I nodded.

"Relax okay? I'll go through the things with you. We'll make decisions together." I said as I massaged her.

"Sorry for shouting at you just now... I'm fine. If you're busy at your restaurant, you can go back." She said.

"No no, it's my wedding too right?" I said. She smiled.

After taking a break, we discussed and made decisions together. If we had eyes on different things, it was either we give in to each other or we talk it out. I don't want us to argue over our wedding preparations again.

After our dinner, we spent time together, just talking, chilling and stuff. I don't want her to feel burdened. After all, the planning should be as memorable as the wedding itself.

We were applying our face mask when we heard the doorbell ring. I went to open the door. 

There was no one out there only a white parcel, addressed to Jieun. I brought the parcel in.

"Baby, did you order anything online? Its for you." I said, handing her the parcel.

"Nope." She said as she opened it.

"AAHHH!!!" She yelled as she pushed the box away. 

"What ha-" I stopped when I saw what was in the box. 

It contained two dolls, one male and one female, like Barbie and Ken. Ken was dressed in a tux, looking smart while Barbie was in a red wedding dress with a disfigured face. There was a note in it saying 'He's mine' in red ink and nothing else.

"Daehyunnie..." She choked.

"Shh... It's okay... I'm here. It's probably just a prank. I'll not let anything happen to you." I hugged her and patted her back.

"Are we still having the wedding?" She asked.

"Of course. I won't let anyone ruin our day." I said. Whoever who sent that parcel is bloody sick in the head. Nothing can happen to my girl. I will not allow anything to happen to her.

 

Sorry for the slow update! I was totally clueless on how to proceed. I wanted it to be a fluffy wedding but I was afraid that with too much fluffiness, some will find it boring because without this little drama, it's gonna be quite fluffy for the upcoming chapters. So yeah~ 

Updates might come a little slower because I have not thought on how to continue from here. hahah~

708 Subbies! Thank you!! <3