Stubborn

Happily Ever After?

Edited the ending of the chapter, nothing much. Just added a few more words. Wanted to colour it but I'm editing it through my phone so...

Daehyun's POV

I was rotting on the couch with that bottle of alcohol and a pack of cigarettes. This two just compliment each other. I thought of them. I wondered what they were doing. Were they playing? Was Jieun playing with them? Are they eating well? Did they make Jieun's life difficult? Are they doing well in school? Do my kids get bullied? All day and all night they just kept appearing in my mind. I didn't even want to secretly visit her or anything because I was afraid things will go wrong. I missed them very much. This doesn't even feel like a home anymore. It's too quiet but somehow, it seems perfect for me, for someone who doesn't have any hope left.

Just as I was about to open my next bottle, the doorbell rang. I peeped through the doorhole and saw the three of them. At this hour?

I opened the door wanting to chase her away again. I cannot let my past efforts go to waste. She needed to leave. 

 

"What?! I thought I said forget me!! Get lost!" I shouted.

"I know everything. Can we talk?" She asked. Agrhh!! I shouldn't even have told hyungs! Why am I not surprised that she knows about it? Things wasn't supposed to turn out this way... She wasn't supposed to find out! 

"What? What the did hyungs tell you? I got cancer? Are you stupid? They're lying. I didn't need you nor do I want you because you can't give birth. You're useless to me! Get out!!" Her face showed her expression too well, even though she tried to hide it, I could tell she was hurt. I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to use this on you. I ended slamming the door shut. 

"I'm going to sit here with the kids until you open the door!" She shouted. I peeped through the hole and she wasn't kidding. She sat in between the both kids. Their back view seemed so sad. Please Jieun, give up and go home. My eyes never left the door hole. After awhile, Baekhyun and Eunyoung changed their positions and ended lying on JIeun's lap. They're tired. I know you're tired too. Go home and rest babies, stop doing this. It's really not worth.

Even after half an hour, she still didn't give up. I wanted to leave them out there a little longer maybe she would take them home but I couldn't bare to. Youngie looked like she was feeling cold. Jieun took out her jacket and covered Youngie with it. Her hands never left the kids. She was hugging them, keeping them warm. 

"Why the hell are you being a burden?! Get in." I shouted when I saw Jieun sneezing repeatedly. I cannot take it anymore. She cannot fall sick. 

"I knew you cared." She smiled as she brought the kids in.

"Rubbish. I don't care. I just don't want anyone to see you guys outside my house. So pathetic looking." I said. She did not say anything but kept her smile on her face. Stop it Jieun. Stop making things difficult for me.

"Where are you taking them?!" I asked coldly.

"To their room. You wouldn't want them to sleep on the couch right?" She said as she brought them up without even waiting for my reply. The both of them walked with their arms around Jieun's waist, clinging onto her with their eyes closed. I smiled at that cute sight. They trusted Jieun that much to be walking with their eyes closed. Knowing Jieun, she would have carried them if she had enough strength.

"Leave by tomorrow morning." I said when she came down.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted when she sat near me. She cannot continue doing this! I might not be able to hold back! I moved away from her.

"Let me stay with you please." She said as she moved closer to me.

"No. I said it, I don't need you." I said expressionlessly.

"Fine, you don't need me but I need you." She said.

"I don't care! One more word from you and you'll sleep outside!" I said as I stood up from the couch.

"Please! Let me go through this with you. I don't mind if you hit me, scold me, whatever, just let me be with you." She hugged me from the back and cried. It's been long since I received her hugs. But stop it, princess. Stop doing this. I stood still thinking of a comeback line. 

"Please. I really cannot live without you. You can do whatever you want to me. I promise I won't resist. Let me help you? We'll go through this together. I want to be with you.' She added, tears soaking my back. Daehyun, resist!! 

"Shut up! I'm fine! I don't need you!" I said as I pulled her arms apart, freeing myself from her grip.

"Would Himchan oppa lie about your health?! Stop doing this to me and you! Stop torturing yourself! Stop pushing me away!! Why are you even drinking and smoking in this state?!" She shouted. So it was Himchan hyung who told her... 

"Please, go for treatment. Don't give up. I'll promise to be with you. I don't want anything to happen to you..." She said.

"Stop it. Go and sleep. Leave by tomorrow." I said as I walked away.

"DAEHYUN PLEASE!! What must I do to have you listen to me? I don't want to lose you!" She shouted and I heard a crash. She was on her knees. Baby, stop doing this. I don't want to lose you too but It's no use. I can't be cured...

"Stop being stupid! Get up!" I shouted as I pulled her up.

"Please... Go for treatment. I'll be with you, the kids will be with you. We won't let you face this alone." She cupped my cheeks. Now that she's so close to me, I could see her features clearly. She looked so tired and sad. This wasn't supposed to happen. She was supposed to hate me! She was supposed to forget about me so that everything would be less painful for her. I don't know what to do anymore. Why is she treating me so nicely after all that I've done to her? She's making it so difficult to push her away. She then did something I was not prepared for. She leant forward and gave me a gentle kiss on my lips. WHY IS SHE DOING THIS TO ME? I BET SHE KNOWS I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO RESIST HER LIPS! ESPECIALLY WITH HER BEING SO GENTLE!

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I ended up saying. Wait what?! I wasn't supposed to say that. Stupid heart! She smiled.

"Why must you do this to me? I tried so hard at being an , I hurt you and the kids! I said mean things to you, I pulled your hair, I slapped you, I treated you like ! Why must you come back?! You're supposed to hate me!! You're not supposed to come back! I'm supposed to die alone!! " I shouted.

"You won't die! Don't cry. How can I hate you? You're mine." She said as she wiped my tears away. I didn't even know my tears flowed out.

"I'm sorry..." I sobbed as I hugged her tightly. I missed her so so so so much.

"I'm so so sorry for hurting you... I didn't mean any of those... I just needed you to leave." I apologized.

"Why are you so silly! Why did you come back?! You're going to suffer!" I scolded her.

"Why will I suffer when I'm with the one I love? Are you going to hit me again?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Go for treatment. I'll be with you." She said. 

"No." I replied.

"Go! Don't be stubborn! You'll get well!" She said.

"No! Just no! I'm not going!" I replied. 

"You're really not going?" She asked sadly.

"No. It's hopeless!" I replied.

"You know I'm going to make you go right?" She said.

"Nothing you do will make me go." I said.

"Not even if I leave you?" She said.

"No. Not even if you leave me." I replied. 

"Stupid me. Of course. You were the one who chased me away. Leaving is not a threat." She said.

"Glad that you know." I replied.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I shouted at her when I saw her kneeling by the table, picking up a cigarette and lighter.

"I said I would do anything to make sure you go." She lit the cigarette and... HELD IT ABOVE HER WRIST?!  

WHY IS SHE DOING THIS TO ME!? IS SHE CRAZY?!  

 

Why do I feel that these two chapters aren't up to my expectation? :(

Oh, I usually get those Daehyun pics and gifs from tumblr. I have not find the video where that gif came from. It was probably from their lastest radio show.