Happy Birthday?

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"It's been weeks Jieun! Can't you just pull yourself together? Can't you see how hard I'm trying, how hard Youngie is trying to cheer you up and make you feel better? All I want is a simple family dinner on my birthday. Is that so difficult? Stop pitying yourself! Nothing is going to change the fact. Can't we just continue living our lives like we used to?" 

"I'm taking Youngie out. You can continue to self pity if you want."

"I miss my Princess and Eunyoung misses her Mommy very much." 

 

Why must he be so harsh?! But no matter how harsh his words sounded, whatever he said was the truth. What are you doing to yourself, Jieun?

It's his birthday today and because you are in here grieving and feeling sad about it, you actually forgot his special day. Did he ever forgets yours? No. He remembered them like it was his own. And here you are, feeling guilty.

How ironic, I never allowed myself to cry because crying wouldn't help but here I am wasting time and energy being affected by facts that will remain unchanged. 

Why must he be right this time? Agrhh, the fact that his words made sense....

Jieun ah~ Don't you think it's time to move on? It's been too long. You should be thinking of how to be a better wife and mother to the both of them rather than locking yourself out of their lives and not doing anything for them. As independent as Daehyun is, he would still need someone to be there for him. Don't cry when he goes off and look for someone else. Wait, what am I saying?! Agrhh. How old is Eunyoung? Less than two, continue this and she would even forget her mom.

The thoughts of Daehyun forcing me to eat, to just get out of the room, teased and joked with me appeared. See how much he's doing for you, you dumb. He's bound to be affected by the bad news and yet he does all he can to cheer you up and here you are not even giving him a response. I don't think he's hurting any less than you. If Daehyun can move on, why can't you?

Then, Eunyoung's face came into my mind, how she is sprawled out on my tummy playing and giggling with herself in hopes that I would join her but all I did was just to ensure that she doesn't fall off the bed. She ended keeping quiet and just watch me rot my two months away.

I guess self blaming and pity time is up. Time to do something for the birthday boy and my little girl.

I got up and washed up before heading to the kitchen. Daehyun wanted a family dinner? He'll get a family dinner. I whipped up a feast. Chicken, pork, fish, eggs, vegetables and a bowl of soup. I was practically running around the entire kitchen because I didn't know what time he would be back. Lucky he took our princess out if not, I would be distracted having to watch over her and cook.

I looked at the time, is it even possible to bake a cake for him? Ugh, heck it. Cake first. I promised him I would bake cheesecake for him on his birthdays.

Moving on to the cooking and setting the cake in the oven to bake, I heard the door open. I panicked. Why were they home so early?!

"Wa-Wow..." Daehyun exclaimed.

"Why did you come back so early?! It was meant to be a surprise...." I pouted.

"Is my princess back?" He asked, cupping my cheek.

"I'm sorry.. You were right... I need to move on... I have a family to take care of." I said as I caressed Eunyoung's head who was nicely rested in his arms.

"Thank you~" He said.

"Happy Birthday Darling. I'm sorry I almost spoilt your day." I said, giving him a kiss on his lips.

"Thank you, Love. You didn't. Eunyoung was good company. I'm sorry I was harsh on you." He said. I shook my head. He was harsh but he did wake me up.

"Really? My baby girl~" I kissed her. Her eyes opened and she rubbed them.

"Nice sleep? Aww you drooled on Daddy's shoulder." I wiped the drool off her lips. She smiled when she saw me.

"Thank you Sweetheart." I pecked her forehead.

"Erm... This is a very sweet scene but I don't want my kitchen to burn-" Daehyun said.

"Oh no!! My pork!" I shouted as I went back to the stove. Thank goodness, it was not burnt.

"Baby, play here okay? Time for Daddy to have some time with your Mommy." Daehyun said as he put her down in the playpen.

"I'll help you." Daehyun said as he wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my jaw.

"It's fine. You can play with your little princess. I can manage." I said.

"No no, I had fun with my little princess. I'm greedy, I need my time with both of my princesses." He said.

"You're not helping! Stop distracting me!" I said when he did not stop kissing me. I knew it was going to be like that. His definition of helping was not helping at all.

"Too bad. Live with it." He said. 

He went on for awhile and eventually helped me with the dishes. He told me about their father and daughter bonding session. I was laughing most of the time. I can totally picture Daehyun teasing her and my baby getting fed up with his constant teasings.

"Serve you right. My strong baby. Clever girl!" I went to her playpen and showered her with kisses. She stared at me, not knowing the reason for my kisses.

"Yah yah yah~ I'm still here. I'm jealous. She's the one that hurt me, shouldn't you be kissing me instead?" Daehyun said as he showed me his lightly scrated arm.

"Too bad, live with it." I smiled.

"You two will be the death of me." Daehyun rolled his eyes. 

"Okay, kisses for the birthday boy too." I said as I kissed him

Once we were done with the cooking, I carried her out and put her on her baby chair.

"Sorry, it's just a simple dinner." I said, feeling guilty.

"Don't apologize. This is the best. Eating with my two girls and having you back." Daehyun held my hand. I smiled.

We took turns feeding her but she didn't eat much. 

"No more snacks before meals from now on." I said.

"See baby girl, I told you Mommy won't be pleased." He nagged.

"Ahh okay okay, my fault. It was me who wanted ice cream, it was me who fed you." Daehyun said again when my little girl frowned at him. How cute~

After we were done with our dinner, I went to wash the dishes while Daehyun kept Eunyoung company, or was it the other way round?

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to my Prince, happy birthday to you~" I sang as I carried the cheesecake out. 

His expression was priceless.

"Make a wish and blow the candles." I said. He cupped his hands together and closed his eyes, making a wish.

"No no." I said to Eunyoung when she tried poking the cake.

"Yah!" Daehyun shouted when my baby girl blew out the candle instead. She laughed at Daehyun's expression and clapped her hands.

"Little monster!" Daehyun tickled her.

I went to cut the cake, keeping the rest in the fridge.

"Happy Birthday Darling." I wished him again as I gave him a long kiss on his lips. My little girl shouted.

"You want a kiss too?" I asked.

We both kissed her cheeks. She was laughing.

"You wanted the kiss but you're all shy. " I teased.

"Let's eat." I said as I handed him his share.

We fed each other and got a little startled when we heard another scream.

"My baby wants the cake?" Daehyun asked. She nodded. 

"Here you go!" Daehyun fed her. She then climbed on Daehyun's lap wanting more.

"Nice? Mommy baked this." Daehyun asked her. She wanted to take the whole plate from him be we stopped her.

"I thought you were full?" I asked her. She just kept asking for more.

"Look at you eat." I said as I wiped her lips.

Daehyun continued to with the cake and she jumped on Daehyun's thigh. This little girl is scary.

"Baby, what have Mommy been showing you? Why are you so violent?" Daehyun asked. Me?!

"Yah! I only show her proper stuff! She must have inherited your gangster fighting skills. Tsk tsk." I said.

"Really? Then she won't get bullied!" Daehyun said proudly.

"Princess, you want ice cream?" He asked me.

"We have ice cream?" I asked.

"Yeah, baby chose the flavour." He said. Hearing the words ice cream, my baby girl's eyes lit up. Daehyun went to get them and I fed her with the last few bits of cake.

When Daehyun brought out the ice cream, she was smiling so happily.

"So happy to see your Daddy?" I asked.

"I wish! All she sees is ice cream now." Daehyun said. 

"Must be your fault!" I pointed at Daehyun.

"What?! What did I do?!" He asked, looking shocked.

"Of all things to pass down to her, you passed down your appetite." I made a face.

"How is that my fault? And it's a good thing. Now, the whole family can go out for food!" Daehyun smiled.

"But no junk food before meals. If not she wouldn't eat." I said.

"Yes Mommy!" He made Eunyoung salute me. This Daddy~

We played and ate for awhile until it was Eunyoung's bedtime. We tugged her to bed together.

"Sleep well. Dream of happy stuff." I kissed her.

"Goodnight Sweetie." Daehyun kissed her.

We both then headed to bed.

"Sorry... I didn't get you anything because....." I trailed off.

"It's fine. You've given me the biggest and bestest present." Daehyun said as he played with his wedding ring. He sure knows the right things to say.

"But princess, are you fine? As in really okay? I'm here you know and I'm not blind." Daehyun said as he embraced me. Indeed, I have put up a strong front.

"You can cry you know? I know it hurts a lot. I don't want you to keep it in. Let it out." He said as he hugged me tighter. I guessed that was my breaking point. I cried and allowed my tears rolled down my face.

"It's going to be fine. We'll go through this together hmmm.." He said as he kissed my temple. He then said nothing and allowed me to cry in his embrace.

"Sorry." I apologized when his sleeve was covered in my tears.

"Pabo~" He pinched my nose.

"Feeling better?" He asked. I nodded.

"Thank you." I said.

"Pabo~" He replied.

"Don't hide your feelings from me. Don't lock us out. We're a family." He said.

"Why are you crying again?" He asked.

"Why are you so sweet?" I sniffed.

"Silly girl!" He said.

We kissed each other goodnight and slept. That night was the first night in two months I slept so soundly in Daehyun arms. I guess I can finally move on.

 

Last chapter of Daehyun's birthday special. hee~ Hope you like it! 

Now, finally, a little break after the constant updates!