Finding Out

Happily Ever After?

Jieun's POV

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly. I was already very friendly.

"I came to see you and I brought some stuff for the kids." He said as he handed the gifts to the both of them.

"Thank you Himchan Ahjusshi!" The both of them smiled.

"There, seen me. You can leave now. They wouldn't want your gifts." I said as I took the toys from them.

"Mommy...." They sulked.

"It's either the toys go or you can take the toys and follow him." I flared. They pouted and released their grip from the toys.

"Go to your room." I said.

"Bye bye Himchan Ahjusshi..." They waved and slouched their way up.

"You should make your way out too." I said, handing him back the toys and walking away.

"Jieun ah. Why are you behaving like that?" He asked as he grabbed my wrist, preventing me from walking away.

"Then why are you so nice to me? You're all the same!" I shouted, flinging my arms to shake off his grip.

"I've always treated you like that. What's wrong?" He asked, sounding confused.

"Whatever. You're only doing that for the sake of putting up a show. I get it. Please leave." I said. He still looked clueless but I couldn't be bothered. 

"I don't know what you're saying but it doesn't matter. I just came to tell you about Daehyun." He said. I shouldn't be interested but I was. But then my blood boiled when that girl came into my mind.

"I'm not interested about his news. He can date whoever he wants. I don't care anymore." I said instead. I still cared but I was hurt by him so...

"It's really not like that. He needs you, Jieun-ah." He said.

"He doesn't. He told me with his own mouth, I didn't force him to. He doesn't need me. Even if he needs someone, it wouldn't be me, it was never me right? Everything was a scam." I said, not caring if I was crying or not.

"It's not. HE REALLY NEEDS YOU!" He shouted.

"He doesn't and will never need me! Please! Leave before I call the police!" I turned and walked away.

"I don't know the exact words that dumb boy said to you but he needs you now." He said.

"Tell him to find his other girls then." I said.

"Jieun-ah! He really needs you. Aish! Stop being so stubborn! I wanted for him to break it to you himself but - " He said but I cut him off.

"But what? He's too busy with another girl?" I said.

"No! All the while it was and forever will be you!" He said.

"Tell that to the old Jieun." I said as I walked away.

"Aish!! Daehyun is sick okay?! That's why he treated you that way! Even though he chased you away, you're the one that he needs the most. He don't want to torture you! Can the both of you don't be so stupid!? You think this is fun?! He don't even want to go for treatment!" He shouted, I guessed he lost his cool but I the words didn't get in to my head though. I stopped walking. All I heard was Daehyun is sick.

"Daehyun... is sick?" I asked, not believing the fact.

"Yes. He has... cancer and that stupid boy is not receiving treatment!" Himchan Oppa messed his hair, something that he rarely does.

"Only you can convince him. I'm sure he'll listen to you." He added. 

"That was in the past. He has that new girl now." I said.

"Are you stupid too?! Do you really thing he could have faked all those years of relationship?! He's a gangster and a business man Jieun! Not an actor! She was just some staff he borrowed to piss you off! There's no new girl!" He said. Wow, I have never seen him so mad before. It was kinda funny actually.

"Are all this true?" I asked.

"You think I will play a joke like this on you?!" He shouted. I kept quiet. 

"Everything was a show. No, not everything, it's every bad thing he did was just a show to chase you out. He didn't want to." Himchan oppa calmed down. 

"Why would he do that?" I asked. 

"He doesn't want you and the kids to suffer with him! He would rather do it alone. That stupid boy!" He scolded again.

"Whatever I said is the truth. You can choose to believe them or not, it's up to you but I hope you will believe my words and go and talk to Daehyun. I won't bother you. Bye bye Jieun. I bought these for the kids, I have no use for them anyway. Give it to them or you can throw them away." He said sadly as he left the toys at the door and left me alone in the living room, processing whatever that was going on.

Daehyun is sick? He has cancer? That was why he was treating us like that? Because he didn't want us to suffer with him? Why are you so silly? No, I'm the stupid one. I should have known better. I'm sorry Daehyun. I should have known that you're not that sort of person but you didn't tell me anything... 

"Kids! Get changed! We're going home!" I shouted.

"Home?" They ran out of the room.

"Yes, Home and to Daddy." I said.

"Daddy...." They seemed afraid.

"Nothing will happen to the both of you. Go change." I said as I walked up with them.

"Mommy, will Daddy beat us again?" Youngie asked. I wanted to cry again. He appears bad in front of the kids so that they would be afraid of him.

"Mommy won't let that happen. And Daddy has his reasons." I said. The journey back home was quiet.

I reached our home and rang our doorbell. A short while later, he, my Daehyun opened the door.

"What?! I thought I said forget me!! Get lost!" He shouted.

"I know everything. Can we talk?" I asked.

"What? What the did hyungs tell you? I got cancer? Are you stupid? They're lying. I didn't need you nor do I want you because you can't give birth. You're useless to me! Get out!!" He said as he slammed the door. As much as that hurt my feelings, I wasn't angry with him. I just want to be with him. But Daehyun, can you say things that hurt a little less? 

"I'm going to sit her with the kids until you open the door!" I shouted as I hugged the kids close to me. It was already almost bedtime for them. There was no reply from him.

We sat outside, waiting for him. If whatever Himchan Oppa said is true, Daehyun would not allow his kids to stay outside for long simply because he's Daehyun. He loves us. Right? 

"Mommy I'm tired." Baekie said as he rubbed his eyes. We were sitting on the steps outside the door. 

"Sorry baby. Just a little longer. Sleep on my lap?" I asked as I gestured his head to my lap. Youngie did the same. I patted them. Sorry kids, if it's not because of me, the both of you wouldn't have to go through this. 

Daehyun, are you really not opening the door? Not even for the kids?

 

Btw, Himchan doesn't know that Daehyun used BAP's names when he was yelling at Jieun that's why Himchan didn't really catch what Jieun was talking about them putting on an act as well.

 

This is so cute~ I think it sort of applies to me too! I love my readers as much as Daehyun loves food. HAHA~