Courting Her

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

Today, I'm gonna surprise her. I need her as my girlfriend, not some friend. I don't want. I want to be able to hold her in public and show the world that she's mine, mine alone like last time. How frustrating, this 'friend' status. 

I looked into the mirror, satisfied with my looks. I never felt like this before, like I wanted to impress her because I did not need to really look good since all along she had always been mine. Somehow, I felt nervous about today. I feel excited taking her out on a date after so long. Will things get awkward? Will she enjoy it? Well, there's only one way to find out.

I drove to her house and rang her door bell.

"Hello, Oh Daehyun sshi. Please come in and take a seat." Auntie said as she opened the door.

"Hello Auntie." I greeted her with a smile.

"It's been a long time since you came. You're here for Miss? She's still asleep. Shall I let her know that you've come?" She asked.

"Nope, its fine. I'll let her know myself." I said as I headed to her room.

"Jieunnie~ Wake up~" I said as I shook her lightly.

"Urh... Oppa, let me sle..." She slurred.

"Jieun ah~ Princess~" I called again.

"Nooo... No princess here... Just sleeping beau..." She mumbled. How cute~

"Sleeping beauty is also a princess. Princess please? I wanna bring you out today." I said.

"Princess? Oh Daehyunnie..." She said as she opened her eyes. I smiled at her.

"DAEHYUNNIE?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?" She got a shock when she fully opened her eyes and saw me in front of her. I was still smiling at her.

"I thought you were Oppa...." She mumbled.

"I'm still your oppa. Get up. Today is the day I'll make you mine again and change that friend word to start with a girl." I said.

"I don't know what you're saying. What friend? What girl?" She asked, looking so blur.

"Oh oh! Hehe~ Good luck then! I'm a difficult person to court!" She laughed after regaining her senses.

"Nothing is too difficult for Jung Daehyun." I smirked.

"Go and wash up. I'll wait for you downstairs! Wear something pretty, not too revealing and not too thick." I said.

"What kind of a description is that? You help me pick out something for me to wear!" She said.

"See? So dependent on me already? Today is gonna be an easy day." I said.

"Tsk! I do it myself then." She said she she used her to push me away.

"Kidding, go wash up. I pick out something suitable." I said after all the teasing. As much as I wanted to kiss her, to give her her good morning kiss, I did not dare to. I shall let nature takes its course.

"Wear this, I'll wait for you downstairs." I handed her a pretty peach coloured dress as she came it.

"I'm gonna take a really long time!" She said as I headed out.

"I'll still wait!" I said. She was gonna be difficult on purpose, not that I minded. I'll just let her have her fun.

Jieun's POV

I could see how hard Daehyun was working for it. I did not mean to make things difficult for him. I just wanted to feel how it feels like being chased by someone I... loved. I should play a little hard to get just for the fun of it right? I think guys like it when girls play hard to get. I laughed to myself. He did not tell me that he would bring me out today. I'm actually quite excited for it. After three months of the breakup, we're finally going out and talking. I was also touched by the fact that he sort of ditched work for me. It seems like he really wanted us to get back together again.

I put on my dress. As usual, Daehyun had great taste on what I should wear.

I then heard the door close, not that it was really loud but because the house was really quiet. Was he mad for waiting so long? But I bared took five minutes... Afraid that he might just leave, I quickly put some light make up and ran down.

"Daehyunnie?" I called out when I did not see him seated on the couch in the living room.

"Auntie where's Daehyun?" I asked Auntie.

"Oh, Good Morning Miss Jieun. Daehyun sshi just left. Didn't he tell you?" Auntie asked.

"Oh.. No.. But it's fine. I'll look for him. Hopefully he has not gone far!" I said as I put on my pumps.

"Bye!" I yelled as I opened my front door.

"Omo! You scared me! I thought you got tired of waiting for me..." I said with a smile on my face when I saw Daehyun outside.

"For you." He handed me a lollipop, like last time, a mini piglet, a box of  white chocolates and a stalk of rose. I was grinning from ear to ear.

"Thank you!" I said as I took those gifts from him. He's really putting in a lot of effort. I headed in and placed the stuff down on my table and followed him out.

Just like last time, he opened the door for me to get into his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere for lunch." He replied.

"Somewhere where?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders. Oh well, I should have expected that.

The car ride was quiet, it was like we suddenly did not know what to say to each other. It wasn't awkward though. It was surprisingly calm.

"We're here." He said as he parked the car. We've arrived at a food centre kind of place, not like a fancy restaurant or anything of that sort.

"I know we don't usually eat at these sort of places but trust me, the food here is awesome. You wouldn't mind not eating at a restaurant right?" He asked. I quickly shook my head. I didn't want him to think I'm spoilt.

"Let's go then." He said. We went to look for a place to sit and he went to order. Soon, the table was filled with barbequed food and as usual, it looked a little too much for just the both of us but I know we would be able to finish them.

We ate and chatted happily, like last time. The food was like he said, they were really yummy! After we were done, he brought us shopping, something I thought he would not do on a date judging how much we quarrelled about this.

"You really don't have to do this. I..." I said.

"Shh... I want to. You made me realised how much I've neglected you and how lonely you were shopping by yourself. I'll buy you anything you want today." He said.

"Just today?" I teased.

"No, any other day you want anything I'll buy it for you." He said.

"Aye~ You're just saying to make me happy because you're 'courting' me now" I said.

"No~ I mean it." He said.

"You really don't have to do this you know? I've learnt. I'm not a spoilt brat anymore." I said.

"I know. It's a difference because now I'm the one spoiling you." He said as he pulled me in to one of the shops.

"You're not afraid I'll be spoilt all over again?" I asked.

"Nope. I know you won't." He said. He was right. The spoilt me was just too scary for me to face again.

We shopped for a few hours until he was hungry again.

"I'll bring you to another place for dinner!" He said excitedly as we headed back to his car. We then ended up at a traditional korean restaurant for dinner. 

He never forgets to fill my bowl with dishes while eating as well. It was these little gestures that melted my heart. He then took the napkin to wipe my mouth. I then thought of the time where I brought Mir oppa to his restaurant and acted all lovey dovey just to spite him.

"Were you jealous then?" I asked.

"When?" He answered, chewing on his chicken.

"When I went to your restaurant with Mir oppa." I said.

"No. I wasn't." He said flatly. Lie~

"Okay I was. I was so damn jealous I thought I would have twisted hyung's head but then I know, you were doing those just to spite me." He said. I laughed and ate whatever he put on my plate.

Daehyun's POV

After I paid for dinner, we strolled along the streets. I thought it would be romantic even if we were just walking.

We walked side by side, enjoying the silence between us, listening to the sounds around us, the cars and the random street sounds. The back of our hands brushed past each other a couple of times and I had a really strong urge to have her hand in mine. I miss holding her. Just as I was about to try my luck and slip my hands into hers, she folded her arms, rubbing her forearms.

"Here." I said as I took out my denim jacket and placed over her. I figured she was cold.

"Thank you." She smiled. Since when have we been this formal? 

"Just hold my hand already." I said as I boldly took her hands in mine. I smiled when she did not pull away. Victory~

I did not want to keep her out too late so I thought it was time to send her home, as much as I did not want to. One step at a time, Daehyun.

When we reached her place, I got out of the car and opened her door for her. She thanked me, I smiled.

"Jieunnie~ did you enjoy our little outing today? I know it's nothing much because I've given you so much before but I just want you to know that I'm sincere." I said as I faced her.

"Thank you for the surprise. I enjoyed it a lot. And for the little gifts too. So sweet of you." She said. I could feel my cheeks heating up. I guess she was blushing as well.

"Goodnight then. Sleep well." I said.

"You too. Drive safely please." She said. I smiled and headed back to my car.

"Jieun ah!" I called as I ran back to her. She looked at me, puzzled.

"Can I.. hug you?" I asked. Instead of words, she opened up her arms and I sunk into her embrace. It's been so long. How much I miss holding onto her, her scent, her everything.

I was impatient. I made one more bold move by pulling myself away from the hug and attempted to kiss her. Just as my lips were about to touch hers, she pulled away, dodging my kiss.

"Goodnight Daehyunnie~" She said instead. 

"Goodnight." I said. She headed in and closed the door. I headed back to my car.

I felt so damn hurt by her actions but I couldn't blame her. She probably needs more time. The fact that I could already hold her hands and hug her was already good enough.

Sorry... I recieved a text awhile later.

It's fine. I'll wait... I replied back.

I expected this right? But somehow I couldn't stop my tears from flowing.

I was supposed to double update but because I couldn't think of a date scene for them.... So, sorry.

Sorry for the rather boring date~ and sorry for spoiling the happy moment at the end... I can't believed I actually teared typing the ending. haha~ 

I wanted to put more images at the end but I couldn't surf tumblr without feeling jealous of all the fans! The selcas the boys took, the fancams and all! Ahhh~