With Them

Happily Ever After?

Daehyun's POV

"Da-Daddy..." I felt someone poking my shoulder as though afraid of using too much strength. I opened my eyes and saw Youngie's huge eyes looking at me. She then hugged Jieun who was beside me. I was in a daze.

"Silly girl. Don't need to be afraid. He's your Daddy." Jieun patted her. Afraid? She's afraid of me? I was the cause of it right?

"Baby girl, Daddy is sorry. You'll forgive Daddy right?" I poked her sides lightly like how she had woken me up. I did a little aegyo too, just for her. Jieun then whispered something to Youngie.

"I want ice cream and new toys!" She said. 

"Anything for my baby girl." I said as I hugged her. 

"Daddy, Youngie is a good girl. Youngie promise Youngie won't make Daddy angry anymore." She said.

"Aww... My little monster... I love you." I said, kissing her on her lips. She smiled.

"Youngie loves Daddy too!" She said as she bit my shoulder.

"That is not kissing!" I poked her cheek while she giggled.

"Daddy are you sick?" She asked as she placed her hand on my forehead or more like slapping her palm on my forehead.

"No I'm not." I lied.

"Yes, Daddy is so Youngie has got to take care and love Daddy. Daddy will get well to play with you." Jieun said. Great, that stupid treatment...

"But Youngie is baby!" She said cutely.

"So you're not gonna to take care of Daddy?" I asked.

"Youngie will take care of Daddy!" She smiled as she patted my chest softly. I want to squish her. I pulled her in my arms and sqeezed her, hugging her real tight. She was giggling.

"So you're just gonna take care of Daddy and not Mommy?" My girl asked. 

"Mommy I'll take care of you!" Baekie said as he entered and ran to us, jumping on the bed.

"Morning baby. See? Baekie is nicer." Jieun teased Youngie.

"No no! Youngie will take care of Mommy too!" She said. So cute, my two little ones.

"Okay but for now, Mommy will take care of the both of you. Breakfast?" She said.

"What about me?!" I asked.

"The kids will take care of you!" She said as she went down.

"Yay breakfast!" The kids jumped on the bed. I looked at them and they immediately stopped. 

"Sorry Daddy!" They both said as they sat down on the bed. 

"It's fine. Daddy is not angry." I patted their heads. It's been really long since I last seen them so happy. Even though it was just days since I saw them, these days felt like years. It was passing by so slowly... I wondered how were they like when they were staying at hyung's place. I feel so guilty treating them the way I did. I was supposed to be giving them a memorable childhood and not hurt them but what did I do? I was the one who inflicted the most wounds on them...

"Babies come here." I said as I patted my lap. They looked unsure.

"Daddy won't hurt you. I promise." I said. They carefully came closer to me.

"Sorry babies... Daddy shouldn't have treated the both of you the way I did. I promise to make it up to you both okay?" I said as I gave them a quick peck on their cheeks.

"Daddy are we going back to Seungho Ahjusshi's house?" Baekhyun asked.

"Do you want to go back?" I asked. They shook their head.

"I want to stay with Daddy." The both of them said.

"Then two of you will stay here with Daddy." I said.

"Then Mommy will go back?" Youngie pouted. 

"Mommy will stay with us. The four of us will stay together okay?" I asked.

"OKAY!!!" They screamed and continued to jump on the bed. These two.

Finally, the house had life again. I never knew how much they would mean to me until when I really experienced life alone. I missed them so much. 

 

"Kids let's go!" Jieun said after we ate our breakfast.

"Where are you going?!" I shouted, confused.

"Oppa's house." She said.

"Why?! I thought you'll be with me later!" I was actually afraid she would leave me.

"I will. I'm just going back to get their stuff." She smiled. Then I realised, she tricked me.

"Yah! You scared me!" I shouted.

"I know. Blame yourself for always scaring me too." She smiled and patted my shoulder. Agrhh...

"I'll drive you there later." I said.

"Okay! Now, let's go out for real." She said.

"Where?" I asked.

"Don't act dumb Darling." I said. Damn... 

"Can you promise me you won't leave halfway?" I said as I held her hand.

"I won't. I'll just drop you there and go off." She said. I stared at her with wide eyes. 

"WHAT?!!! YOU'RE LEAVING ME THERE ALONE?! Why are you so cruel?" I said, feeling upset.

"Kidding. I promised you last night I'll be with you. I will keep my promise. You have to keep your promise and be good and get your treatment done." She said. Why is she treating me like Youngie and Baekie?

"I didn't promise anything." I mumbled.

"It's going to be fine, baby. Don't give up." She cupped my cheeks.

"But what if..." I looked away, unable to say what I really felt.

"There's no what ifs." She said.

"Anything can happen!" I said, almost shouting.

"Anything can happen but no matter what happens, please know you have me and the kids. We'll always be by your side." She kissed me. I held her hand, squeezing them. 

"Kids, let's go." Jieun said. They ran towards us and crashed onto my legs.

"Thank you for not giving up. The kids are happier too." Jieun said as we walked out.

"You mean they were not happy at hyung's house?" I asked. I thought hyung would spoil them.

"Of course they would be happier with their Daddy. At first, Youngie was afraid of you even when we were there but she started missing you." She said. I deserved it. That was what I was planning from the start but it pained me to hear that my own daughter was afraid of me.Youngie turned and looked at us probably hearing us call her name.

"Nothing baby." I patted her head. She showed me a silly smile before walking.

"I'll make it up to her. I promise." I said.

"Make up by being safe and healthy. That's all we ask for." She said.

"I really don't know..." I said feeling negative about the whole thing. My girl said nothing except giving me an assuring hug.

"Sit with them, I'll drive." She said.

"Why? You're afraid too right?" I said sadly. She gave me a hard slap on my arm.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I frowned.

"Don't say such things! I don't want to hear it! " She scolded me. Oops.

"I'm just giving you a chance to make up for the past few days. If you don't want it's fine." She said sounding unhappy.

"I want I want! I'm sorry. I won't say things like that again." I said hurriedly. Sometimes, Jieun can be a little scary when she's angry or unhappy and right now, seeing her angry or upset is the last thing I want. I sat with the kids and they talked to me about what they did in school and at hyung's house. I wanted to ask the kids about Jieun but I didn't want the mood to be down. I just have this feeling she was suffering alone just like I was. I guessed I've been too driven by the fact that I had to get them out of my life that I actually forgot they're my kids and I missed them telling me about their day and just talking about anything under the sun.

"Daehyunnie, alight with the kids first." She said when we reached the drop off point of the hospital.

"You'll.... You'll find us later right?" I asked her. 

"Yes yes, don't worry okay? Go settle the paperwork first." She said. I closed the door and went in with the kids while she drove to park the car. I brought the kids to the vending machine and got drinks for them.

"Sit here and don't run about okay. I don't want to lose you both." I said sternly as I placed them on the chair with their drinks in their palms hoping that the drinks will keep them occupied. They nodded.

I went to do the registration. We thought it would be better to have a thorough check before doing any other things to my body. My girl then came. We sat and waited for my turn. Again, with the stupid wait!

I did the checks and all with the kids and my princess accompanying and waiting for me. I was quite surprised that the both of them did not complain about being bored or whatnot. They just played with each other and sometimes played our games on our phones. How well-behaved~

After all the tests we went back home, feeling tired. We slept together that night. I needed their comfort.

Finally after a few torturing weeks, it was my turn to see the doctor for my results. I guess hearing the news for the second time wouldn't make a difference... I just hope the cells didn't spread during these two months...  

 

Again, don't take my hospital scenes too seriously because I don't know what actually goes on in there.

I'm happy! I enjoyed SHINee mini showcase today and got to see Sulli! Also, I finally reached 1006 Subs and 151 upvotes! Thank you all so much! <3<3<3